Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Renegades: Born in the USA - Bruce and Obama launch a podcast together


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Oh my heavens! I didn't know - I'm so sorry, @Daisey Jeep. x

Thanks Aunty

Its so sad here

He was still a young man

He got sick very quick the weekend before last 

The vet thinks it was feline aids 

Even Gary is sad

My family are not creamation people (Gary's family are) but the ground is so hard with tree roots for me to dig deep enough and Gary can't do it because he can't see and would probably cut his foot off 

I hate that Tibby isnt here in his garden where he belongs, but im sure he is also with mum and dad and dear Tinky 

He hoped on my knee for a cuddle like nornal on the Thursday and on the monday we came home from the vet with out him

But i miss him so much and it hurts like when my dad died but poor Tubby was suffering 

But its so unfair

 

  • Hug 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I realise many fans will love this sort of thing, and I hope they enjoy it. It's just not for me i'm afraid. Re my Bruce fandom...It's all about the music, the lyrics, the songs, the albums

I've listened to the first two episodes. They are terrific. If you are not going to listen due to "politics" you will be missing great insight and stories about life, his career, some terrific insight

Posted Images

You were there to help him when he needed you - you both did everything you could.  I know ... it's so terribly sad to lose a pet. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eileen said:

You were there to help him when he needed you - you both did everything you could.  I know ... it's so terribly sad to lose a pet. 

Thank you Eileen

Gary (like he was for Tinky) was very kind to Tibby when it really mattered 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

@Daisey JeepI'm so sorry for your loss!  (((hugs)))

Hug right back to  you dear BD 

The groceries just arrived and its sad putting away them away because i only ordered Borris' favourites (and a lot less cat food than normal) - Gary is still complaining what it costs but he doesn't pay for the cat food anyway

Im sitting here on the NZ version of e-bay looking for a nice china trinket box for Tibby :(

He's going to be in the house until we do the new fence and the garden 

I like a nice English one with violets because there was a big patch of violets in the 'lawn' near one of his favourite spots

He may have come into this world as a stray but he left it as a prince

I wish the vet would ring and say his remains are back

There have been lots of butterflies in the garden so maybe he is here somewhere but i hope he's teaching mum about cat hugs - he was very gentle 

  • Like 1
  • Hug 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I havn't listened to the 2nd one yet as i can't concentrate in my bereavement for Tibby

When i get his ashes back from the vet we might listen to it together 

I am sorry for your loss. So Tibby was your cat?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, el sergio said:

I am sorry for your loss. So Tibby was your cat?

Yes

Tibby was my bestie 

Who also happened to be feline

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I havn't listened to the 2nd one yet as i can't concentrate in my bereavement for Tibby

When i get his ashes back from the vet we might listen to it together 

sad for u Daisy, hits u like a hammer

  • Hug 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

sad for u Daisy, hits u like a hammer

I miss him so much and it hurts so bad

He only lived with us for 2 years but his personality filled up this house 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

I did not know either, Daisey.  I am so sorry for your loss

Thats judge

Give Ning a big hug and kiss from me - one of those tight hugs and kisses cats and possibly cute little dogs  try to squeese out of (well not Tibby) 

  • Hug 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

3rd in series well worth a listen, love listening to Obama(apart from over use of "in some fashion"?

He is a rather good salesmen! I have to admit it, I've really enjoyed listening to this so far. Surprisingly President Obama is a lot more interesting then Bruce.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gus said:

Jimmy. Obama didn't write Jungleland ...............

Bruce didn't write The Affordable Cares Act......... even through there was nothing affordable about it! ;) 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed  part  2 very much

I listened to it yesterday when  i was cooking something that must have been so unmemorable i can't  even remember  what it was but it must  have been eattable ......??? - oh i remenber it was frittata - its still in the fridge uneatten but we ate  the  scotch eggs 

I did not know that the police  officers  that killed Amadou Diallo were in plain  clothes at the time

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

He is a rather good salesmen! I have to admit it, I've really enjoyed listening to this so far. Surprisingly President Obama is a lot more interesting then Bruce.  

Yeah, Obama always struck me as a good dude. Like W. Regardless of politics I like both. When Obama talks, Bruce doesn’t have much to say. It’s a little awkward. Bruce does most of his talking when asked direct questions but otherwise gives a lot of “yeah” responses.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

Yeah, Obama always struck me as a good dude. Like W. Regardless of politics I like both. When Obama talks, Bruce doesn’t have much to say. It’s a little awkward. Bruce does most of his talking when asked direct questions but otherwise gives a lot of “yeah” responses.

Agree

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Bruce’s conversational style is lyrical. I don’t see how you can separate his lyrics from his conversation. There is skill in the way the sentences are shaped and delivered, he is a poet to his bones.

The message is his lyrics is the message in these conversations. If all you see is politics and point scoring that is what you bring to the table. Look at yourself first. Bruce is able to study some complex aspects of humanity without judgment - I offer you Reno as evidence. If you feel judged that is something for you to consider.

These two men have reached a point where they can discuss their own frailties and issues and this is a significant shift in the way that generation of men face societal and emotional issues. I can see why people would think it is boring, and I can see why people would reject it. Again, your issue not theirs. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coolclearwaters said:

 Bruce’s conversational style is lyrical. I don’t see how you can separate his lyrics from his conversation. There is skill in the way the sentences are shaped and delivered, he is a poet to his bones.

The message is his lyrics is the message in these conversations. If all you see is politics and point scoring that is what you bring to the table. Look at yourself first. Bruce is able to study some complex aspects of humanity without judgment - I offer you Reno as evidence. If you feel judged that is something for you to consider.

These two men have reached a point where they can discuss their own frailties and issues and this is a significant shift in the way that generation of men face societal and emotional issues. I can see why people would think it is boring, and I can see why people would reject it. Again, your issue not theirs. 

If people are seeing politics in what he is saying that is most likely brought on by him who has chosen to become political. Im not sure what your comment about “point scoring” means.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Political is everything. The darkness on the edge of town, the need to get out of here to win, the secret garden that many women need and living somewhere when the criminal crown has stolen the throne.

Party political is different again, but the urge many have to try to dilute the political and societal ideas out of his lyrics is... puzzling. What moves you is the political, Jack of all Trades is overtly political, the power imbalance and the dignity in the face of injustice is the core of that. Political.

If politics is boring then why are you a Bruce fan? 

I speculate that people reject the aspects they find uncomfortable, the bits that make them question and dig a little too deep into their own issues and dismiss it as ‘political’. 

Anyway, I could listen to voice recite the phone book and find it meaningful and moving - I think that’s my problem.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Coolclearwaters said:

If politics is boring then why are you a Bruce fan? 

Because I enjoy the 85% of tunes that aren't politic. And the other 15% are pretty good also.

  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope im not reading negative bias towards those of us with a more conservative outlook....

Recently Bruce said his own mother voted right wing in a presidential  election 

He knows we are out here and im sure he is perfectly ok with us being here and JLM doesn't care where the $$$$ come from

Link to post
Share on other sites

Contrary to wide misconception Bruce is neither liberal nor left wing.

His song 41 shots is a brilliant example. It's not right or left.

Download and listen to Atlanta 2000 Night 2 - one of his most powerful performances IMHO

Point Blank - 41 Shots - Youngstown - Murder Inc = amazing 4 pack

All songs that sit well outside the narrow confines of petty Democrat/Republican party politics

Admittedly 2004 changed all that but anyone who supported Bush or more latterly Trump isn't seriously listening to or engaging with Bruce post 1975

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Coolclearwaters said:

Political is everything. The darkness on the edge of town, the need to get out of here to win, the secret garden that many women need and living somewhere when the criminal crown has stolen the throne.

Party political is different again, but the urge many have to try to dilute the political and societal ideas out of his lyrics is... puzzling. What moves you is the political, Jack of all Trades is overtly political, the power imbalance and the dignity in the face of injustice is the core of that. Political.

If politics is boring then why are you a Bruce fan? 

I speculate that people reject the aspects they find uncomfortable, the bits that make them question and dig a little too deep into their own issues and dismiss it as ‘political’. 

Anyway, I could listen to voice recite the phone book and find it meaningful and moving - I think that’s my problem.

Hmmmm...... I don’t really get all this. Where Bruce takes heat and gets annoying (to me at least) is when he is party political. When he wants the “other party” to meet in his middle, which is obviously not the middle overall. His music is still enjoyable though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...