Greasy Lake Community

Exploding/Rising Singer-Songwriters

So I’m new here but I’ve recently been searching for more artists influenced by Bruce but of a newer (maybe even younger generation).

I’m sure by now we’ve all heard of Sam Fender? (Hypersonic Missiles, The Borders)

What about:

The War on Drugs (Baby Missiles, In Reverse)

Matt Sahadi (Light of Hope)

Check them out! Let me know your thoughts and your suggestions! 

Thanks @Jimmy James!

I’m very familiar with The Killers new album. To me I felt it was more of a Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers sound — especially Running Towards a Place. They even did a cover of The Waiting leading up to the album release. However, I definitely hear the Springsteen-esc cinematic and dystopian style  

Sam Fender is quickly becoming one of my favorites, I think he loves being compared to Bruce, though his songwriting isn’t as comparable as I feel it’s being made out to be. More of that attitude and obviously within production. 

The War on Drugs took me a while to get into. I felt they were boring at first as well. But once it clicked with the Lost In The Dream album, I was sold on them. They have a very Heartbreakers vibe as well to their playing. Give em another chance 

and yeah I saw an ad on social media for Matt Sahadi, I hadn’t heard of him either. That song that I linked in the original post kinda had that Sam Fender feel — sorts ominous. Plus some harmonica! 

2 minutes ago, StreetRacer78 said:

The War on Drugs took me a while to get into. I felt they were boring at first as well. But once it clicked with the Lost In The Dream album, I was sold on them. They have a very Heartbreakers vibe as well to their playing. Give em another chance 

My daughter and I share a lot of music likes! She loves Bruce! The rest of my music likes are to heavy for her. So bridged the gap and went after her music likes. She turned me on to The National, The Decemberist, Local Natives and The Killers I love all. She still hates I can't get into the War On Drugs.