Greasy Lake Community

The Bruce Shuffle

I started this a few month back, but it got lost in one of those major crashes/reboots. Put Bruce on shuffle on your device post the first 5 tunes you hear. Give a brief description of each song and or the whole setlist. 

While putting the final touches on a house my wife and I have flipped last night this set happened. And my beautiful wife stated "that was nice" and I'll leave it at that. 

1. Something in the Night - Darkness

2. Fade Away - The River

3. Mary's Place - St. Louis 2008

4. Pink Cadillac - Tracks

5. Fire - 9/20/78 Passaic  

• Like 2
  • Hug 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Come on people have some fun with this. Last night after listening to the President Obama & Bruce podcast. this was played. 

1. My Lucky Day - 7/28/2012 - Gothenberg 

2. War - 9/27/85 - LA

3. The Fuse - The Rising

4. Livin in the Future - Magic

5. Atlantic City - 9/30/99 Chicago 

This is more like me and so much not like my wife from the earlier list. 

You will have to humor me as i will be posting two 5 packs because i tried to sort , with only some success , between official releases labeled as Bruce Springsteen ....and live concerts labeled Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band ....So Bruce first: 

And we are off to an incredible start

Cadillac Ranch

Jesse James

Tenth Ave Freeze Out From East Rutherford NJ 6-24-93

Something In The Night

Twist And Shout from a collection called "Orange Live 75-88....No details except at some point a kind stranger hooked me up. This was gold before we were spoiled by the archive...

And now for Bruce and the Boys

When You Walk In The Room Bottomline 8-15-78

Sherry Darling 4-25-16 Brooklyn NY

Held Up Without A Gun from Hamburg 6-21-2008...An almost unlistenable bootleg....Thank God for the archive series

Oh man ...love this one

Rendezvous Copenhagen 6-22-16

Tenth Ave Freeze Out Upper Darby Pa 12-31-75

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Twist And Shout from a collection called "Orange Live 75-88....No details except at some point a kind stranger hooked me up. This was gold before we were spoiled by the archive...

It is from Basel 1988. The 1988 songs are the audio to the Copenhagen and Basel bootleg videos.

I could provide you with the details to the other songs if you want (as I own the original physical bootleg). Some of them are from London 1975, Passaic 1978, Nassau Coliseum 1980 and Los Angeles 1985.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lampi said:

It is from Basel 1988. The 1988 songs are the audio to the Copenhagen and Basel bootleg videos.

I could provide you with the details to the other songs if you want (as I own the original physical bootleg). Some of them are from London 1975, Passaic 1978, Nassau Coliseum 1980 and Los Angeles 1985.

Thanks Lampi .... Thinking Ramrod and Stand On It are from Los Angeles 1985 ? Curious about Night ?!?

23 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Thanks Lampi .... Thinking Ramrod and Stand On It are from Los Angeles 1985 ? Curious about Night ?!?

Stand On It is from Los Angeles for sure, Ramrod probably too (will check this later).

Night is from Nassau 29 December 1980.

• Thanks 1

While fixing breakfast this morning. 

1. Death to my Hometown - Nashville 2014

2. Wild Billy Circus Story - WIESS

3. High Hopes - High Hopes

4. Cadillac Ranch - London 81

5. Janey needs a Shooter -LTY

Loved this set, Wild Billy isn't one of my favorites but works well in this set.

• Like 2

I did this yesterday with Spotify, I'll do it one more time with all the Nugs shows instead.

1. Follow That Dream - July 9, 1981

2. If I Should Fall Behind - October 23, 1999

3. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out - July 31, 2016

4. Further On Up The Road - November 22, 2005

5. American Land - November 22, 2009

Wasn't the most exciting set, but cool how two very different November 22 shows popped up back to back!

• Like 1

Took it one step further and let shuffle design an entire 25 song set using only the Nugs archive releases. Some very questionable choices (Ramrod into Nothing Man??) but I actually really liked that American Skin / Youngstown / Frankie / NYCS / BITUSA / Bobby Jean sequence.

1. Fade Away

2. Badlands

3. Seeds

4. The Rising

5. Blinded By The Light

6. Born To Run

7. Because The Night

8. The Ghost Of Tom Joad

9. All The Way Home

10. The Promised Land

11. Sherry Darling

12. Raise Your Hand

13. In The Midnight Hour

14. Candy's Room

15. Ramrod

16. Nothing Man

17. This Little Light Of Mine

18. I Wish I Were Blind

19. American Skin

20. Youngstown

21. Frankie

22. New York City Serenade

23. Born In The USA

24. Bobby Jean

25. Spirit In The Night

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

7 hours ago, Lampi said:

Stand On It is from Los Angeles for sure, Ramrod probably too (will check this later). Night is from Nassau 29 December 1980.

Stand On It (and Janey Don't You Lose Heart) from Los Angeles 27 September 1985.

Ramrod (and Two Hearts, with Little Steven, and Born To Run) from Giants Stadium 22 Augusts 1985.

Night, Out In The Street and Who'll Stop The Rain from Nassau Coliseum 29 December 1980.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, badlands78 said:

On The Western Skyline

That's a good title for a Bruce Springsteen song. Could even be a title song. With a picture of.... ....with a picture of a Western Skyline on the cover, instead of the picture of the ass of an' or........    ........    ......... oh wait making jokes about 'orses are a little bit 2020 by now.

The other 4 song titles are a little bit disappointing though.  I'm sure you can do better than that!

• Like 2

On 2/27/2021 at 5:25 PM, badlands78 said:

Bruce shuffle results, as requested:

1. Mandolin Rain

2. Every Little Kiss

3. The Valley Road

4. On The Western Skyline

5. The Way It Is

Clever ...  but still some good tunes there. Love Mandolin Rain and Valley Road. 

• Like 1