Greasy Lake Community

2022 Tour planning

I think maybe the timeline right?

I don't believe the demand  is correct? I believe people have been ruin, I mean people are scared to a point of never trusting anymore.

I believe if there is a tour never next year will be in stadiums and only 20,000 allowed in, not by governments or event place but by the artists. 

28 minutes ago, Sean McNeill said:

Sorry. No chance. Don't think their will be huge gatherings like that for a long time.

I know.

Why not? I don’t know the capacity for Leeds and Reading festivals which are going ahead this year, but I would imagine it will be tens of thousands.

Well, here in Switzerland I’m getting news after news of events, originally planned for summer 2020, now postponed to summer 2022. This means of course that these tours (or their European legs) are postponed altogether. Vaccination campaigns  (and compulsory vaccination visa to attend social events) might change things rapidly, but I wouldn’t keep my finger crossed for a major 2022 E Street tour.

1 hour ago, risingaurora said:

I wouldn’t be sure the Reading and Leeds festivals will go ahead. Very stupid to announce immediately on the back of Idiot Johnson’s announcement. It’s far too early to be planning 2021 festivals 

I would agree with that. 

You would think however that they wouldn't have gone ahead and announced them without a lot of checking with health and government sources first. It will be incredibly expensive and massively complicated to cancel them again.

I think Covid-19 will always stay and we have to live with it. So I don’t expect big stadium shows with 50.000 or even more people. I really think we will get concerts but with a smaller amount of audience to keep distance even with the vaccinations (which maybe are every year with all the mutations). I really hope end this year or spring 2022 we can enjoy in some sort a concert 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, risingaurora said:

I wouldn’t be sure the Reading and Leeds festivals will go ahead. Very stupid to announce immediately on the back of Idiot Johnson’s announcement. It’s far too early to be planning 2021 festivals 

I will be stunned if they go ahead.

This thing I'd still killing people and its March.

Please dont tell me your putting your faith in that knobhead at No 10.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, stillilllife said:

If one island can do it then another island can!

I hope.

If a buffalo can jump off a cliff, then...

Now, more seriously, I really hope for our British friends that those festivals may get the green light, since that would mean that the UK is definitely out of the tunnel as far as the pandemic is concerned. Otherwise it would be nonsense.

5 hours ago, Marnix said:

I think Covid-19 will always stay and we have to live with it. So I don’t expect big stadium shows with 50.000 or even more people. I really think we will get concerts but with a smaller amount of audience to keep distance even with the vaccinations (which maybe are every year with all the mutations). I really hope end this year or spring 2022 we can enjoy in some sort a concert 

I understand what you mean, but there is no way major acts are going to tour again if they can only get in less than half the amount of fans at a gig. Also social distancing at concerts is impossible and they know it. However I am an optimist. I think things will be back to more or less normal well before next summer. As I said I think we will see a Bruce tour mid to late next year.

I agree with you that Covid-19 is here to stay and I have been saying this for a year. We will have to learn to live with it, but that doesn't mean raising the white flag and allowing an illness to destroy everything we enjoy and that makes life worth living.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

With the daily covid updates, summer 2021 still feels a long way off. Summer 2022 seems a world away but by then everyone will know what effects vaccinations have had on illness and transmission. I’m very hopeful that the ESB will be back by then and normal life (without reckless lack of caution) will have returned. Let the planning ideas begin. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Also social distancing at concerts is impossible and they know it.

Why would social distancing be impossible at concerts with seats only? Especially in smaller indoor venues.

If that indeed will be profitable, (except when tickets will become very, very expensive) is another question. Like you said. Especially for the bigger acts who ususaly play (played) in huge arenas and outdour venues, less for the bands and artists who only played in smaller venues. But for them it will be a problem also.

(As guilty of the most unpopular opinion in the history of Greasy Lake:ph34r:, I'll leave it to that...:ph34r:)

• Like 1

Bruce should have Patti tour first.

If her ticket sales are great then it shows that people are desperate for live music.

If her sales are poor then people may not be ready to venture out into crowds yet, don't like her music, or a combination.

If her ticket sales are great then look for Bruce ticket prices to go up, again.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lampi said:

Why would social distancing be impossible at concerts with seats only? Especially in smaller indoor venues.

If that indeed will be profitable, (except when tickets will become very, very expensive) is another question. Like you said. Especially for the bigger acts who ususaly play (played) in huge arenas and outdour venues, less for the bands and artists who only played in smaller venues. But for them it will be a problem also.

(As guilty of the most unpopular opinion in the history of Greasy Lake:ph34r:, I'll leave it to that...:ph34r:)

Well, it might be unpopular, but I think you raise some key points on the immediate future of live music.

17 hours ago, risingaurora said:

The thing with something like Reading & Leeds is that it will mainly consist of people that are towards the end of the queue for vaccination,yes it's outside but people will still be together in tents & once alcohol is introduced any idea of distancing will be forgotten about,as we've already found out trying to forecast what will be happening in six months time at the moment is pretty impossible. 

• Like 1

I think we may see vaccine passports, or lateral flow tests, as the norm for large events; just another thing to check along with your bag/ticket etc. I'd be amazed if the Reading/Leeds festivals go ahead, unless they are used as some kind of social barometer. 2022 seems like a cautiously optimistic possibility, but the way things have developed, and changed, so rapidly re: C19 and social gatherings, I won't believe it until I start seeing it. For a number of so called Legacy Artists, Covid could well be the meteorite that ends their performing careers.

I'd already decided pre-Covid that stadium gigs were out for me, no matter who the artist is. At my age (mid-forties) I'm simply no longer prepared to put the required effort (travel, queuing for hours to get into the venue, standing for hours waiting for show time, having to share space with rude members of the public, the constant jostling: 'I got these drinks for my mates', 'I need to get back to my wife' etc etc, the queues to leave the venue at the end of the gig, the poor sound, the vagaries of the weather, the list goes on)  in to get a decent view of the stage, and I won't pay upward of £100 to stare at a big screen. Unless Bruce plays arenas, it would be a pass from me regardless.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, burghfan said:

If her ticket sales are great then it shows that people are desperate for live music.

Honestly, I think INC will only get Bruce and E Street on the road when they know that they can play arenas and stadiums without any restrictions. There may be some useful test cases before then to help inform their decision, sure. But if they decide that they’re only good to go from the middle of 2022, then so be it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, burghfan said:

If her sales are poor then people may not be ready to venture out into crowds yet, don't like her music, or a combination.

If her ticket sales are great then look for Bruce ticket prices to go up, again.

Well, Patti has never toured in her life (as a solo artist, I mean), and her latest album turns 14 this year. I like her music, but let’s get real. She has no live audience of hers except for a bunch of Bruce completists, who would go and see her no matter what (mostly hoping to see her husband showing up). In the best case scenario, she would fill smaller theaters/clubs in a few Springsteen strongholds, but I doubt this would tell anything about Bruce’s post COVID live market.