Greasy Lake Community

31 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Isn't that the same thing?

I would rather say they are three different tours: Spring 1976, Fall 1976 and 1977.

It's all open to interpretation: I also once saw a list of tours, listing the Born To Run Tour from the opening date in Providence 20 July 1975 until Boston 25 March 1977. Which would make it probably the longest tour in terms of days between first and last day of the tour (maybe not in terms of shows played).

If you consider the High Hopes tour not as a seperate tour but as part of the Wrecking Ball Tour, then the WB/HH Tour is probably the longest tour in terms of both days between first and last show and in terms of number of shows played.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my first dose of the AstraZenica vaccine this afternoon and I feel great. I feel a small step closer to getting a more normal life back soon. And bring on the ESB in 2022! 

concerts are not even at the back of my mind im just waiting for the day i can see my daughter and grandkids again, nothing else really matters at the moment

Vaccine roll outs in full swing in some countries.. Summer 2021 UK festivals given go ahead... E Street band members unlikely to have made other solo tour plans for anything else... LTY

Posted Images

getting my first pfizer shot today. good thing about bars and pubs being closed is that i'm not wasting money, i'm saving it instead. also, not using my holidays at work - why would i. as soon as bruce announces europe you're sure i'm gonna take a month off. this imposed monk-like way of living will pay off.

• Like 3

I also got my first shot today, Pfizer.

I’m so ready for concerts, i have missed it so much.
So I will absolutely buy trickets for concerts

Btw. I love to read your thoughts about a new tour.
Keep them coming.
It’s good to see that I’m not the only one longing for concerts.

• Like 3
On 4/2/2021 at 1:44 PM, Jimmy James said:

I will go to any form of Bruce has to offer! 

Shit: I'll go to any tour Ted Nugent put out at this point. 

This reminds me of once when my concert schedule was empty (pre-Covid), and I went to a free show in a park. I texted my friend, "I'm so desperate for live music, I went to see a Bon Jovi tribute band."

His reply: "It couldn't be worse than the real thing." :P :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The only way we'll see major US artists tour Europe is if they can travel through Europe without having to quarantine every time they move to the next country. Right now a European tour would take 5 years. 

I think that for the foreseeable we'll all have to predominantly  make do with local artists when gatherings are allowed again. 

I have tickets for Ben Howard in September... Which seems more feasible than a Bruce tour next year. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, J said:

The only way we'll see major US artists tour Europe is if they can travel through Europe without having to quarantine every time they move to the next country.

That's a good call.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, J said:

The only way we'll see major US artists tour Europe is if they can travel through Europe without having to quarantine every time they move to the next country. Right now a European tour would take 5 years. 

I think that for the foreseeable we'll all have to predominantly  make do with local artists when gatherings are allowed again. 

I have tickets for Ben Howard in September... Which seems more feasible than a Bruce tour next year. 

I think we will see a Bruce tour next year.

• Love Love Love! 1
On 5/10/2021 at 9:07 AM, MacBruce said:

My prediction is an OZ/NZ bubble tour to test the feasability of touring in Covid times. Allowing for reduced capacity and with some additional Winery dates thrown in to make the trip extra worthwhile I reckon a 30 gig mini tour is possible.

Any thoughts?

Hopefully the rest of Europe will follow the UK’s vaccination success in the coming months. I’d be happy with a one or two city residency next year so the band can stay in the same place. Let fans who want to travel to see them do so, with whatever testing and vaccination criteria necessary. I’d take holiday to see as many shows as I can whether that be London, Barcelona, Gothenburg or any city in Europe. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Hopefully the rest of Europe will follow the UK’s vaccination success in the coming months. I’d be happy with a one or two city residency next year so the band can stay in the same place. Let fans who want to travel to see them do so, with whatever testing and vaccination criteria necessary. I’d take holiday to see as many shows as I can whether that be London, Barcelona, Gothenburg or any city in Europe. 

Well, I seriously doubt that any act in the music business is big enough to hold residencies in Europe at stadium level nowadays (or in the recent past for the matter). And that without taking into account the inevitable COVID vaccination visa/tests that will be required to travel abroad in the very short term.

Let's hope massive vaccination campains may finally turn the tide as far as infectons are concerned. That's the only way we would get stadium-like tours back in the years to come.  

On 5/10/2021 at 12:07 AM, MacBruce said:

You would like to think they are realistically planning something, possibly a couple of alternate scenarios for how they could tour next year, depending on how circumstances change. There are too many acts looking to be fitted in for 2022 shows to be able to schedule things at short notice like he did in 2016 when he expanded the River tour. If they opt to (or have to) leave it till 2023 then I think that may be E Street done - one last dance in the big stadiums is the least they all deserve.

• Like 1

The alderman of culture in Milano posted a recap of the Springsteen concerts in San Siro stadium with the addition "Waiting on a sunny day".

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1466486977027805&id=100009995503618&__tn__=%2CO*F

The post on Facebook is reposted by Claudio Trotta (promoter of Springsteen in Italy). The rumours of a tour in 2022 are getting more and more serious. 

• Like 3

Let the rampaging India variant in Bolton be a cannon blast across your bows. This thing is relentless in its ability to mutate, infect and kill people. No offense intended to anyone, but to talk of something as relatively insignificant as a rock show this soon is twp, as we say here in Welsh Wales.

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Let the rampaging India variant in Bolton be a cannon blast across your bows. This thing is relentless in its ability to mutate, infect and kill people. No offense intended to anyone, but to talk of something as relatively insignificant as a rock show this soon is twp, as we say here in Welsh Wales.

As much as i would love to see Bruce again, as you say at the moment, not even thinking about it.

I'm ready to get back at it! Bruce or not! Other acts are available. 

Going to see Little River Band at a small outdoor amphitheater close by. For $12.50 per, really? If they play to potential $12.50 will be the cheapest concert I think I'll ever see. Wife's choice not mine!!    

• Like 3

Planning to catch The Beach Boys and Buffett, both outdoor shows.   ZZ Top just announced a show in Louisville too, debating it. 

On 5/2/2021 at 6:13 AM, This is The Way said:

Tour date performances selection;

High Hopes - 34

Chicken Scratch - 35

Law Suit - 54

Seeger - 56

Tunnel of love - 67

High hopes = very importany tour

He fimally visited two long neglected markets

South Africa & NZ 

It was long overdue

Especially when he had been so close (Australia) durring WB but the promoter was so anti coming across the ditch 

On 5/2/2021 at 9:19 AM, Idiot'sDelight said:

High Hopes was essentially tacked on as an extension of the already massive Wrecking Ball tour though right? At least in my mind it is. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm ready to get back at it! Bruce or not! Other acts are available. 

Going to see Little River Band at a small outdoor amphitheater close by. For $12.50 per, really? If they play to potential $12.50 will be the cheapest concert I think I'll ever see. Wife's choice not mine!!    

$12.50 :o

On 5/11/2021 at 6:24 PM, Gartloney Rat said:

My prediction is an OZ/NZ bubble tour to test the feasability of touring in Covid times. Allowing for reduced capacity and with some additional Winery dates thrown in to make the trip extra worthwhile I reckon a 30 gig mini tour is possible.

Any thoughts?

Sounds great

But im not keen on the winery crowd 

I ser the wiggles just had to postpone their late May Perth dates due to the rescent covid break out there