Greasy Lake Community

2022 Tour planning

30 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

High hopes = very importany tour

He fimally visited two long neglected markets

South Africa & NZ 

It was long overdue

Especially when he had been so close (Australia) durring WB but the promoter was so anti coming across the ditch 

Been klstening to the NZ concerts this week, they are great, did you get to them.....

• Love Love Love! 1

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, rockaway88 said:

The way I see it, I dont see why they couldnt at least schedule a US leg at this point. 

GnR has just dropped US dates but yeah booking a tour then its happening is another thing.

Can't wait to see LTY live great track 

3 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

GnR has just dropped US dates but yeah booking a tour then its happening is another thing.

Can't wait to see LTY live great track 

Same here. There is so much great material to tour behind with WS and LTY. I know WS is a solo album, but I bet they will have EStreet arrangements for select songs off that record. Moonlight, Sleepy Joe's, and Tuscon would translate well. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Having just been watching the brilliant performance of American Skin (41 shots) from Wembley 2016 and with everything that’s been happening in the world, I reckon that’s a setlist staple on tour (hopefully) next year. 

7 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Having just been watching the brilliant performance of American Skin (41 shots) from Wembley 2016 and with everything that’s been happening in the world, I reckon that’s a setlist staple on tour (hopefully) next year. 

Great song indeed. I got the chance to hear it live a few times and it always blew my mind.
That being said (and though this might sound egotistical), I wish next tour to be as light-hearted as it can. We went through enough in the last couple of years. Probably for the first time in my life, I’d go to a show to have some fun.

9 hours ago, Frank said:

Great song indeed. I got the chance to hear it live a few times and it always blew my mind.
That being said (and though this might sound egotistical), I wish next tour to be as light-hearted as it can. We went through enough in the last couple of years. Probably for the first time in my life, I’d go to a show to have some fun.

Well I think if the rumoured BITUSA box set is released this Xmas, it’s nailed on that a 2022 tour will be promoted and marketed as BITUSA. Easy ticket sales and half the setlist taken care of. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Frank said:

Probably for the first time in my life, I’d go to a show to have some fun.

Wait a minute now Frank, and maybe you said this a bit wrong(don't know). 

But don't you always go to a show to have fun? 

51 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Wait a minute now Frank, and maybe you said this a bit wrong(don't know). 

But don't you always go to a show to have fun? 

Well, I should have added a “Bruce” show. Of course I have great fun. But normally when I go to see a Bruce concert, I go there ready to listen and pay close attention to what he wants to tell his audience. Not just to be entertained for a couple of hours with great music. 
Next time around, I’ll probably go hoping for entertainment first. 

See that's where I have a disconnect with some of my Bruce Buds. 

Let me ask: during Cadillac Ranch are you bouncing along with the tune or are you worried about the death part of the tune? Dancing in the Dark are you dancing or worried about the desperation of the tune! 

If Bruce is singing with a smile on his face, there is no darkness within that song!  

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

See that's where I have a disconnect with some of my Bruce Buds. 

Let me ask: during Cadillac Ranch are you bouncing along with the tune or are you worried about the death part of the tune? Dancing in the Dark are you dancing or worried about the desperation of the tune! 

If Bruce is singing with a smile on his face, there is no darkness within that song!  

I was referring to social issues belonging to new songs that might be made explicit during the show. 

And before you ask: no, I do not believe young Bruce took a month long vacation in the stratosphere. ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

At this point I would be amazed if JLM are not in the planning stage for an ESB tour to follow the Broadway run, possibly kicking off in Australia and NZ from Jan/Feb? 

Keep in mind of a couple valid points, his Mother and he owns us nothing! 

• Like 2

i think his mom is a very valid point

altzimers/ demetia only gets worse and its so much worse than one ever imangine till your own parent gets it

eventuality the body just forgets how to work

my heart breaks for Mrs Springsteen's family 

poor Bruce and Pam and Virginia

with my mum our life went on hold for years

it only gets worse

then when its almost the end the false alarms are emotionally exhausting 

without knowing what stage Mrs Springsteen is at going forward its  going to be hard for Bruce to be away from home for even a couple of weeks

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

I don't read the tour stuff as I'll not be going to any concerts ... so I may have missed this.

Kate's just been for tea and said there was a rumour going round that Bruce was going to be in Vienna next year.

I'm sure they were ordinary mushrooms I gave her ... but one never knows. Any 'truth' in this?

9 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I don't read the tour stuff as I'll not be going to any concerts ... so I may have missed this.

Kate's just been for tea and said there was a rumour going round that Bruce was going to be in Vienna next year.

I'm sure they were ordinary mushrooms I gave her ... but one never knows. Any 'truth' in this?

Ah Vienna. Sorry Eileen, It means nothing to me.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Elbow said:

Ah Vienna. Sorry Eileen, It means nothing to me.

I hope it wasn't Rigsby's cat they were on about.