Greasy Lake Community

2022 Tour planning

Today the line-up for the TW Classic 2022 festival in Belgium was announced (this is the little brother of the famous Rock Werchter Festival). It is a one-day festival with mostly older, classic acts. On 25th of June 2022, Nick Cave and Placebo will headline the festival.

Together with this announcement, they said they are preparing a second TW Classic festival in the summer of 2022, headliner will be announced shortly. Since Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band headlined TW Classic in 2013 and 2016, one can only be hopeful ...  

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Thunder_road_belgium said:

Today the line-up for the TW Classic 2022 festival in Belgium was announced (this is the little brother of the famous Rock Werchter Festival). It is a one-day festival with mostly older, classic acts. On 25th of June 2022, Nick Cave and Placebo will headline the festival.

Together with this announcement, they said they are preparing a second TW Classic festival in the summer of 2022, headliner will be announced shortly. Since Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band headlined TW Classic in 2013 and 2016, one can only be hopeful ...  

I went in '13 and '16, it's a nice day out and both times the weather was great, Leuven is a great city too and it's the home of Stella for the beer lovers out here. Festival sets but still some nice surprises the last two times. Good memories, hope we can do it again real soon. It's expensive though, the pit was 150+ euros last time if I remember it right. Besides Werchter there's not really an alternative is there. Sportpaleis maybe but indoor so they won't do that.

15 minutes ago, Perisic said:

I went in '13 and '16, it's a nice day out and both times the weather was great, Leuven is a great city too and it's the home of Stella for the beer lovers out here. Festival sets but still some nice surprises the last two times. Good memories, hope we can do it again real soon. It's expensive though, the pit was 150+ euros last time if I remember it right. Besides Werchter there's not really an alternative is there. Sportpaleis maybe but indoor so they won't do that.

I’d bite your arm off to pay that for a pit ticket. Especially if the alternative is queuing all day with roll calls and having to travel the night before. Would much rather be sat down relaxing in a nice bar all afternoon blowing the froth off a few cold pints of Stella. 

10 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I’d bite your arm off to pay that for a pit ticket. Especially if the alternative is queuing all day with roll calls and having to travel the night before. Would much rather be sat down relaxing in a nice bar all afternoon blowing the froth off a few cold pints of Stella. 

True, that's what we did the last time, there's a cool outside bar hidden in the back of the festival park where they serve Stella in a glass instead of those plastic cups. Strolled in the pit an hour before the show and had a good spot. Downside is that a part of those pit tickets are for VIPS so the atmosphere is different than a normal show. But still, it's great. Just found out I'm getting my first dose of Pfizer in two weeks, we're almost there!

• Like 2

On 9.6.2021 at 13:23, Turkued said:

Der Stadionmarkt der Sommer '22 in Europa ist bereits gesättigt. Es würde mich nicht überraschen, wenn sie auf dieser Tour Arenen spielen würden, es sei denn, es wurde im Voraus angekündigt, dass es die letzte Tour war.

Munich Olympic Stadium only 1 Show in 2022 "Guns N Roses". 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 6:18 PM, AMIW said:

Also keep in mind that if he goes to nz @Daisey Jeep will never let him leave

Bruce surrounded by @Daisey Jeep and a wild troop of a kangaroos preventing his departure, at least until a full length Kitty is played. Maybe even a Kitty with 78 PRove it intro for a world debut. 

D4C4CDA4-79C7-4C73-BD62-C1FA209CFB9D.webp

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AMIW said:

there are no kangaroos in New Zealand.

all the killer animals are on the West Island aka Oz

I was considering that she was on Holiday in Australia at a Bruce show and recruited a few as back up :P

• Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

there are no kangaroos in New Zealand.

all the killer animals are on the West Island aka Oz

We do actually have their little brothers  wallabies in mid central caterbury and somewhere up here in the north island around Rotorua ?

Of course rather than let hunters control their numbers relatively humanely  the dept of conservation kill then with drops of 1080 poison 

Living in paradise not i tell'ya

Everything introduced by Europeans is frowned upon these days 

They were introduced like the bush tail possom to create a fur trade in the mid- late 1800s

Fortunatly they havn't done nearly aa well as the possom but they sure are a lot cuter 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 8:51 PM, Thunder_road_belgium said:

Mettalica will be the headliner. 

So, all restrictions in the UK will be lifted from July 19th. Full capacity at all sporting events, concerts, etc with no social distancing required. We will know by winter what impact this has had but I guess “herd immunity” is the strategy now for all countries where double dose vaccine numbers are sufficiently high. 

No San Siro for 2022, but indirect confirmation of a European stadium tour being planned for next Summer. 
https://milano.repubblica.it/cronaca/2021/07/09/news/concerto_bruce_springsteen_salta_a_san_siro-309706328/?ref=RHTP-BH-I304495303-P3-S7-T1

In a nutshell, the Milan venue is already overbooked, according to promoter Claudio Trotta.

• Like 1

Concerts San Siro 2022:

4.6 Elton John

13.6 Cesare Cremonini

19.6 Marco Mengoni

6.7 Salmo

10.7 Guns N Roses

15/16.7 Max Pezzali

23/24.7 Ultimo

Why not Bruce Springseen San Siro 1.7.22 and 3.7.22  or  29.7.22 and 31.7.22 

25 minutes ago, off99 said:

Concerts San Siro 2022:

4.6 Elton John

13.6 Cesare Cremonini

19.6 Marco Mengoni

6.7 Salmo

10.7 Guns N Roses

15/16.7 Max Pezzali

23/24.7 Ultimo

Why not Bruce Springseen San Siro 1.7.22 and 3.7.22  or  29.7.22 and 31.7.22 

Because they have a limit of concerts per year at the venue. It’s a long story, but Trotta has been dealing/struggling with the San Siro local neighborhood association since 2003.

15 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Seen Bruce in Milan at the San Siro and also in the Datchforum arena. The latter much, much better. We can dream. 

That would be perfect, but I have many doubts....

On 7/9/2021 at 7:57 PM, Frank said:

No San Siro for 2022, but indirect confirmation of a European stadium tour being planned for next Summer. 
https://milano.repubblica.it/cronaca/2021/07/09/news/concerto_bruce_springsteen_salta_a_san_siro-309706328/?ref=RHTP-BH-I304495303-P3-S7-T1

In a nutshell, the Milan venue is already overbooked, according to promoter Claudio Trotta.

translation often difficult but seems more than overbooked, although i think Trotta is not the most reliable

"Bruce will not be able to play at San Siro in 2022", with reasons "partially understandable in some cases", in others "more questionable" T

1 hour ago, stevie54uk said:

translation often difficult but seems more than overbooked, although i think Trotta is not the most reliable

"Bruce will not be able to play at San Siro in 2022", with reasons "partially understandable in some cases", in others "more questionable" T

Well, Trotta not reliable? Who would be then? 

The part you translated refers to the reasons given for not allowing more than a limited number of shows per summer. As I said before, it’s part of the power-struggle that has being going on for nearly twenty years now. Be it number of shows, decibels allowed, curfews (for which Trotta almost faced jail time in 2016), and so on. What Trotta is probably doing here, is putting popular pressure on Milan mayor + city council in order to broker some sort of exception with the venue management.