Greasy Lake Community

2022 Tour planning

Don’t forget that the on off on off…. Demolition of the San Siro is one of the major issues in the election so BruCe may not get back there before the wrecking ball arrives….

12 hours ago, AMIW said:

Don’t forget that the on off on off…. Demolition of the San Siro is one of the major issues in the election so BruCe may not get back there before the wrecking ball arrives….

They should allow him to be the last show there, but he has to play Wrecking Ball as the last song of the show.

On 7/1/2021 at 9:22 AM, Fabrice said:

Mettalica will be the headliner. 

Well, it has been announced that Metallica will be on the regular Rock Werchter festival. So besides Nick Cave, there will be a second TW Classic festival, but rumour has it that that one will be headlined by Paul McCartney (who should have headlined it in 2020 if it wasn't cancelled).

So maybe chances are getting smaller for a TW Classic in Belgium with Bruce in 2022 ...

If the ESB play Camp Nou next year, I’m there. Photo from the 2008 Bruce show here.

I was towards the front of the pit both nights and what struck me most was when I turned around to look at the vast crowd, the very back row of seats in the top tier at the far end of the stadium was full. And that looked miles away as it was full pitch length (not sideways of pitch stage position like San Siro was). 

Would be phenomenal to have the chance to see Bruce and the ESB there again. 

D1F58FEF-9876-4354-BCC1-243B4BBA52D5.jpeg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Photo from the 2008 Bruce show here.

is it really that long ago? memorable for several reasons, 1. what a stadium,amazing to see it so full, 2 wife had a migrane all day, we only arrived that morning in reus, still had it the stadium standing Bruce came on and it went, miraculous 3 only buses were running when we came out and it was a Long Walk Home to the center of Barcelona got to hotel about 4am i seem to remember, 

52 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

If the ESB play Camp Nou next year, I’m there. Photo from the 2008 Bruce show here.

I was towards the front of the pit both nights and what struck me most was when I turned around to look at the vast crowd, the very back row of seats in the top tier at the far end of the stadium was full. And that looked miles away as it was full pitch length (not sideways of pitch stage position like San Siro was). 

Would be phenomenal to have the chance to see Bruce and the ESB there again. 

D1F58FEF-9876-4354-BCC1-243B4BBA52D5.jpeg

The stadium will likely be rebuilt in June 2022. https://www.football-espana.net/2021/07/08/barcelona-camp-nou-upgrade-decision

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I doubt they have the money to do that for a few years if the football club wants to remain competitive in the CL. 

I hope you are right. If Barcelona, then Camp Nou. If he plays in Barcelona's Olympic Stadium, I won't go to Barcelona.

5 minutes ago, off99 said:

I hope you are right. If Barcelona, then Camp Nou. If he plays in Barcelona's Olympic Stadium, I won't go to Barcelona.

Agreed. I saw two shows at the Olympic Stadium in 2012 and they were nowhere near as good. Different vibe completely. 

As Bruce has more or less confirmed an ESB tour next year, I wonder when they will announce it along with the tour dates ? I would imagine it would have to be quite soon as there are quite a number of headline acts announcing shows already for next summer.

1 hour ago, MacBruce said:

As Bruce has more or less confirmed an ESB tour next year, I wonder when they will announce it along with the tour dates ? I would imagine it would have to be quite soon as there are quite a number of headline acts announcing shows already for next summer.

The sooner the better! Before everyone’s spent all their money saved over various lockdowns on other concerts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Well, I really doubt any tour announcement will come before the end of the Broadway residence. It would completely take the air out of it.

Speculating on the previous tours, I’d say we’ll get a new release for mid November, and a tour announcement for mid December.

• Like 1

Yeah I think Frank is right on timings and if anything with Covid we might not even hear until Jan/Feb (leave as lomg as possible to see how things are!?). I also think any tour (if going ahead) will start in Jan/Feb in Australia and New Zealand (that's is where they will warm up / get up to speed IMHO).

With regards to Barcelona totally agree that the Olympic Stadium shows were nowhere near the same vibe as the Nou Camp - I've done the Nou Camp and the San Siro on different tours - both are fantastic but if I had to choose (and I'd rather not have to ha!) I'd go with the Nou Camp personally - what I love about the shows in Barcelona is that they don't come on stage until about 9.30pm so by less than ann hour in it is dark (totally adds to the atmosphere - now it's almost the biggest arena / indoor show you'ver ever seen - with one of the best crowds you could wish for - and the fun is going on until 1am. Those people at the very back up in the nose bleed seats are STANDING!!!......that sums it up!

• Like 3

Will be interesting to see the stage set up next year. I can’t see the hand clutching with fans that usually goes on during songs like Out in the street.

The stage set up might be more like the BITUSA stadium tour was in 1985. As far as I can remember, the only physical contact Bruce had with any fan back then was when he got a girl up on stage to dance with him during DITD. And it didn’t detract from the fan interaction experience throughout the concert whatsoever. 

9 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Was Zurich good? I’m keen on any cities in countries where you can buy pit FoS (front of stage) standing tickets. 

Oslo and Gothenburg are both great Stadiums also Warsaw 

Also Ullevi in Gothenburg is way better than Friends Arena in Stockholm 

12 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Was Zurich good? I’m keen on any cities in countries where you can buy pit FoS (front of stage) standing tickets. 

Zurich is a nice place to see a Bruce concert, provided you’re not looking for special setlists, record long shows, special encores, or warm crowd interaction. Sound in Letzigrund Stadium is generally pretty good, given the light cover of the large and flat venue. As far as prices are concerned, well, Zurich is an expensive city. A FoS ticket in 2016 was about 180 euros = 180 Swiss franks (no relation whatsoever with yours truly). If Bruce plays Switzerland on his next tour (which is probable but never a given), I can see these tickets go for well above 200 euros.

2 hours ago, Frank said:

Zurich is a nice place to see a Bruce concert, provided you’re not looking for special setlists, record long shows, special encores, or warm crowd interaction. Sound in Letzigrund Stadium is generally pretty good, given the light cover of the large and flat venue. As far as prices are concerned, well, Zurich is an expensive city. A FoS ticket in 2016 was about 180 euros = 180 Swiss franks (no relation whatsoever with yours truly). If Bruce plays Switzerland on his next tour (which is probable but never a given), I can see these tickets go for well above 200 euros.

Thanks, I’m wondering if all cities and countries will sell FoS tickets at a premium price now in covid times, using a reason to reduce the need for 3,000 people queuing at GA gates all day doing roll calls etc. 

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Thanks, I’m wondering if all cities and countries will sell FoS tickets at a premium price now in covid times, using a reason to reduce the need for 3,000 people queuing at GA gates all day doing roll calls etc. 

Personally, I’m surprised it wasn’t already the case last time they toured.  Covid or not, rock  n’ roll audience is getting no younger. That, generally speaking, means more money available, and less will to stand/queue for a nice spot at the venue. Plus, FoS tickets are a true gold mine for promoters: not only they turn a common GA into an over-expensive premium ticket; they also raise the price of remaining ticket categories accordingly, especially as far as good seats are concerned.  

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, I just checked some of the shows scheduled at San Siro next summer. All of them have pit tickets, which is new (or unusual) for that venue, as far as I know. So, the FoS ticket will probably be an option in Italy as well (regardless of the chosen city) next time Bruce plays stadiums there.

36 minutes ago, Frank said:

Out of curiosity, I just checked some of the shows scheduled at San Siro next summer. All of them have pit tickets, which is new (or unusual) for that venue, as far as I know. So, the FoS ticket will probably be an option in Italy as well (regardless of the chosen city) next time Bruce plays stadiums there.

I hope you are right. Spain has never had FoS tickets either for Bruce stadium shows and I would snap them up at a premium price. As I’ve said many times before, it pays for itself if you can fly into that country on the day of the show rather than a night before (unless you were intending to make a longer break out of the trip anyway). 

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I hope you are right. Spain has never had FoS tickets either for Bruce stadium shows and I would snap them up at a premium price. As I’ve said many times before, it pays for itself if you can fly into that country on the day of the show rather than a night before (unless you were intending to make a longer break out of the trip anyway). 

Indeed, FoS tickets spare a lot of trouble. The problem is they would/will be extremely hard to score for shows in hot markets like Italy or Spain (if still sold at a reasonable price). Elton John is currently selling “Platea Gold” (presumably seats on the whole pitch) at San Siro for 230 euros for next summer. (Hope he will have the good taste not open with I’m still standing ;) ). This might also be an alternative (though far less desirable) future for aging rockers stadium shows.