Greasy Lake Community

2022 Tour planning

Pit queue at San Siro 2016 was brutal because of the heat. Actually, it was worse after we were allowed into the pit. Would happily pay several multiples of standard GA price to be able to arrive later but I'm sure Mrs BBQ will insist on doing the queue :(

49 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

That’s the thing. Probably 80% of people who queue all day are just happy to be anywhere in the pit. 

Best place is the back of the pit.  Decent view and room to move around.

• Like 4

New concert in San Siro Stadium that was not planned for 2020/21 has been added: 13 July 2022 Alessandra Amoroso. The stadium manager will probably never again let a Bruce Springsteen concert take place in the San Siro Stadium, because Bruce Springsteen has spoken out against a demolition of the San Siro stadium.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, off99 said:

The stadium manager will probably never again let a Bruce Springsteen concert take place in the San Siro Stadium, because Bruce Springsteen has spoken out against a demolition of the San Siro stadium.

I seriously doubt the two things are related. San Siro is most of all a football stadium. Revenues there come from matches during the football season. And as iconic as it may be, as a football stadium San Siro is now extremely outdated. What we see now is a 1990 (mostly exterior) restyling of a late 1920s project. Both AC Milan and FC Inter Milan have being asking/planning for a new venue for well over a decade. The actual San Siro is bound to be demolished/rebuilt/restructured anyway, and everybody in Milan would agree. It's just a matter of time and money. It's not that a comment from an American rockstar may alter or slow down the process. As I said before, the problem is the limit of events per year and the frictions Trotta has had in the past with the San Siro Neighborhood association. Any "new" shows that might pop up at San Siro for next summer have probably been in the works for months and months. They simply weren't announced yet.

59 minutes ago, Frank said:

Ich bezweifle ernsthaft, dass die beiden Dinge zusammenhängen. San Siro ist vor allem ein Fußballstadion. Die Einnahmen dort stammen aus Spielen während der Fußballsaison. Und so ikonisch es auch sein mag, als Fußballstadion ist San Siro heute extrem veraltet. Was wir jetzt sehen, ist eine Neugestaltung eines Projekts aus den späten 1920er Jahren (hauptsächlich von außen). Sowohl der AC Milan als auch der FC Inter Mailand fragen/planen seit mehr als einem Jahrzehnt nach einem neuen Austragungsort. Das eigentliche San Siro wird sowieso abgerissen/wieder aufgebaut/umgebaut, und jeder in Mailand würde dem zustimmen. Es ist nur eine Frage von Zeit und Geld. Es ist nicht so, dass ein Kommentar eines amerikanischen Rockstars den Prozess verändern oder verlangsamen könnte. Wie ich bereits sagte, ist das Problem die Begrenzung der Veranstaltungen pro Jahr und die Reibungen, die Trotta in der Vergangenheit mit dem San Siro Neighborhood-Verein hatte. Irgendwas Neues" Shows, die im nächsten Sommer in San Siro auftauchen könnten, sind wahrscheinlich seit Monaten in Arbeit. Sie wurden einfach noch nicht angekündigt.

How many concerts are allowed in the San Siro stadium per year ?

38 minutes ago, off99 said:

How many concerts are allowed in the San Siro stadium per year ?

The number varies from year to year, I guess. But to be fair with the local neighbourhood association, San Siro hosted more and more shows in the last ten years.  

• Like 1

Gold/Platinum FoS tickets?

On balance not for me. In my experience those areas tend to be filled by bucket list/one and done audience, resulting in lack of atmosphere and endless chatter during songs that they are not familiar with. Resulting in poor night for fans of artist and I would imagine a less inspiring night for the artist. Of course they have the compensation of a bigger fee I would guess.

If they were to be in place for 2022 Would this effect the number of gigs you would attend? Is 1 night in pit worth potentially 2 gigs in cheap seats or standing area? Without a limitless budget I will need to ponder this but imagine more Bruce rather than close up Bruce will be the winner.

• Like 3

On 7/21/2021 at 8:48 AM, Harry42 said:

Gold/Platinum FoS tickets?

On balance not for me. In my experience those areas tend to be filled by bucket list/one and done audience, resulting in lack of atmosphere and endless chatter during songs that they are not familiar with. Resulting in poor night for fans of artist and I would imagine a less inspiring night for the artist. Of course they have the compensation of a bigger fee I would guess.

If they were to be in place for 2022 Would this effect the number of gigs you would attend? Is 1 night in pit worth potentially 2 gigs in cheap seats or standing area? Without a limitless budget I will need to ponder this but imagine more Bruce rather than close up Bruce will be the winner.

Personally I would do more shows if I was guaranteed a pit place without having to travel (often fly) the night before. The cost would be an issue but my savings have mounted over lockdown. I’ve had nothing much to spend on for 18 months over lockdowns. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/20/2021 at 6:28 AM, gus said:

I hope he goes for something of this type. I'm sick of sitting in the nose bleeds with every drunk in the stadium. 

Come to NZ next tour :)

The spair room is made up and waiting :)

• Like 1

I agree, nowadays every event fights for every opportunity. As soon as we have the reduction of new cases, the most popular places filled up with event requests. Small events could be content with Location hire services. However, large ones need to spend much more time without being sure if the event will be at all. As I've hard, we are expecting a new wave of pandemia. The most revealing for me was Tomorrowland's event. The most "offlinish" music event was held online. Two years passed, and we barely manage the widespread of the virus...

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 5:44 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

Come to NZ next tour :)

The spair room is made up and waiting :)

Any room for me ? The problem is I won't wanna leave lol

• Bruuuuce! 1

10 minutes ago, BruceHistory said:

Any room for me ? The problem is I won't wanna leave lol

Give me a day's notice to shift all the moving boxes out of the Bruce room :)

• Haha 1

Won’t be long now before rumours of venues reserved start to emerge. Planning must be underway already.. For the UK, the Tottenham Hotspur stadium in North London was apparently reserved for Bruce in 2020 so I’d imagine that will be carried forward to 2022. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Won’t be long now before rumours of venues reserved start to emerge. Planning must be underway already.. For the UK, the Tottenham Hotspur stadium in North London was apparently reserved for Bruce in 2020 so I’d imagine that will be carried forward to 2022. 

Haven't you heard, the end of the world is coming. You better check out the Covid thread. No concerts will happen 2022, unless you are fully vaccinated, not a clean test but actually vaccinated. 

28 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Haven't you heard, the end of the world is coming. You better check out the Covid thread. No concerts will happen 2022, unless you are fully vaccinated, not a clean test but actually vaccinated. 

So 38 million in the uk alone already eligible then. 

• Like 3

The vacinnation programme is one aspect we HAVE seemed to have got on well with here in the UK compared to many places around the world - if the world map is looking patchy in terms of their strong markets as to "where" they could go (and feel safe) I think they should just do a residency at the O2 Arena ha!

We can dream............how good would that be!

• Like 3

On 7/29/2021 at 3:28 PM, BruceWho said:

The vacinnation programme is one aspect we HAVE seemed to have got on well with here in the UK compared to many places around the world - if the world map is looking patchy in terms of their strong markets as to "where" they could go (and feel safe) I think they should just do a residency at the O2 Arena ha!

We can dream............how good would that be!

Clearly several negatives for travelling fans (not least cost) but some positives would be: 

No upheaval for the band and crew in terms of stage set up and transportation. Lower costs should keep ticket prices more affordable for fans. 

Easier for the band and crew to remain in a covid secure bubble and so less risk of shows being cancelled at last minute.

Whenever I’ve been to London shows I’ve found myself surrounded by fans from Spain and Italy and all parts of Europe. That’s a minority of course and would be very harsh on fans who cannot travel. 

Single city residencies must be something being considered at the planning stage. 

• Like 1