Greasy Lake Community

reading through this thread about whether a tour will happen in 2022 and social distancing at concerts and vaccinations , and people not sure if they will go through concern over Covid , now i can't comment on the rest of the world but no one from the UK has mentioned that currently planned on June 21st all covid restrictions will be removed , that means you can travel where you want (in the uk) , go to the pub ,with as many people as you want , gather in large or very large groups , basically we can return to pre-covid behaviour , so why ,at least in the UK ,will we not have large festivals and concerts at places at Hyde Park , wembley Stadium or a dozen other venues , and would assume that Europe and Australia and even the USA will have vaccinated enough people to protect society in general and return to pre-covid social behaviour , so i think a 2022 tour is very much on the cards , it may start in Australia/New Zealand , but i think and expect it to happen 

• Like 2
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my first dose of the AstraZenica vaccine this afternoon and I feel great. I feel a small step closer to getting a more normal life back soon. And bring on the ESB in 2022! 

concerts are not even at the back of my mind im just waiting for the day i can see my daughter and grandkids again, nothing else really matters at the moment

Vaccine roll outs in full swing in some countries.. Summer 2021 UK festivals given go ahead... E Street band members unlikely to have made other solo tour plans for anything else... LTY

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Osirisluxor said:

reading through this thread about whether a tour will happen in 2022 and social distancing at concerts and vaccinations , and people not sure if they will go through concern over Covid , now i can't comment on the rest of the world but no one from the UK has mentioned that currently planned on June 21st all covid restrictions will be removed , that means you can travel where you want (in the uk) , go to the pub ,with as many people as you want , gather in large or very large groups , basically we can return to pre-covid behaviour.

Let’s hope this will be the case. However, I doubt the virus is aware it is supposed to disappear on June 20th just because Mr Johnson said so. Once thing COVID should have taught politicians last year (and Mr Johnson in particular) is they can’t skip corner.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Frank said:

Let’s hope this will be the case. However, I doubt the virus is aware it is supposed to disappear on June 20th just because Mr Johnson said so. Once thing COVID should have taught politicians last year (and Mr Johnson in particular) is they can’t skip corner.

This.

It comes to something that somebody from a different country is more clued up to events than a 'native'.

Johnson set an arbitrary deadline to lift these restrictions (provided certain tests have been met) in order to appease the lunatics, or rather loonier lunatics, in his party and a rabid right wing press.   Things aren't going to be back to normal by June. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Frank said:

I'm no fan of Boris Jonson, but he is not saying the virus will disappear on June 20th. He knows, his health advisors know, as should everybody else know for that matter, that Covid will never disappear. However enough people should be vaccinated by that time to lift most of the restrictions we are currently living under. There should be enough population immunity by that time all things going well. We will also have much better treatments and much better testing and tracing in place by then as well.

Of course nobody can predict the future with certainty, but Johnson and every political leader in the world knows we have to get society back working again as soon as possible. 

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Reading and Leeds festivals have said that they are going to go ahead and sold out on that assumption, but there is no guarantee that they will. If the last year has taught us nothing else it should be that there are no guarantees. Recent announcements are driven by eager concert promoters who have basically had zero income for the last 12 months and now are hoping that they can now get some, essentially by selling tickets and getting the revenue now in the knowledge that, if the shows don't happen, either they have to refund (in which case they've still had the money for several months) or they carry it forward against tickets for next year's event, in which case they can sit on the money for 12 months.

These festivals and the Isle of Wight Festival, which has kicked the can down the road by hoping to take place in September, are selling tickets to a far younger audience than an E Street tour would be. Bruce isn't going to tour isolated countries in his key markets - the logistics of touring on that scale would surely require Europe as a whole to be on firmer footing re vaccination, a lifting of restrictions and a fall in infections before a trip to any specific country would be considered.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

Johnson set an arbitrary deadline to lift these restrictions (provided certain tests have been met) in order to appease the lunatics, or rather loonier lunatics, in his party and a rabid right wing press.   Things aren't going to be back to normal by June. 

So ... it's just Tories that are going to be booking holidays abroad and tickets for concerts that haven't got a snowball's chance in hell taking place?

Ok then.

2 hours ago, Frank said:

you are quite right the covid virus will not disappear on June 20th , it actually will never disappear , we will have live with it just as we have to live with every other virus that has the ability to kill us , that is why they have developed a vaccine to help us live with it , will people still get it yes , will people still die from it yes , but the numbers will be low enough for us to return to pre covid social activities like large sporting events (euro 2020) and Bruce springsteen gigs , if you are going to wait till it disappears completely you have long wait 

• Like 2

If the last year has taught me something I don't miss spending hundreds of £'s on a combination of concert tickets, transport, hotels etc to witness gigs in football stadiums or arenas. It's just not a particularly enjoyable experience - thinking back to the '80's I wonder it it ever truly was? I wonder how the experience of this pandemic will result in a shift in  priorities for a lot of people?

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Eileen said:

So ... it's just Tories that are going to be booking holidays abroad and tickets for concerts that haven't got a snowball's chance in hell taking place?

Ok then.

As per usual, the point has sailed so far over your head it's landed in a different continent.

By setting this arbitrary date of June 21, Johnson has succeeded in appeasing the libertarians in his party at the expense of giving false hope to people, and rather more dangerously, giving people the impression that things will be fine come June.  Even with vaccinations, this will not be the case. 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
4 hours ago, MacBruce said:

I'm no fan of Boris Jonson, but he is not saying the virus will disappear on June 20th. He knows, his health advisors know, as should everybody else know for that matter, that Covid will never disappear. However enough people should be vaccinated by that time to lift most of the restrictions we are currently living under. There should be enough population immunity by that time all things going well. We will also have much better treatments and much better testing and tracing in place by then as well.

Of course nobody can predict the future with certainty, but Johnson and every political leader in the world knows we have to get society back working again as soon as possible. 

Well, I agree with you. And my comment wasn’t meant to diss Johnson in particular. My point is, I would not take an arbitrary date in three month time as the green light for ‘back to normal’. Last summer most Europe thought the worst was behind us, and ten months later you can’t have a cup of coffee in a bar. And that is mostly because the mantra was ‘it’s time to get back’.

• Like 1

I think the Euro 2020 football tournament (the name is retained even though it is being held in 2021) will provide the first big tests. The final is on 12 July in London and 80,000 people are expected to attend, not just UK residents.  Look out for the restrictions/operating mandate for that.

2 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

As per usual, the point has sailed so far over your head it's landed in a different continent.

And, as per usual, you revert to your usual rather rude self.

Boris doesn't come out with his crap only to satisfy his Party - he's so keen to try and lift spirits that he gives ALL false hope as to when this is all going to be over. He's not just pleasing the people you mentioned - he's out to please all who will be easily swayed.

• Sad 1

Well from our supreme leader: Just a couple three weeks back he said, we will not be back to normal until Christmas. Yesterday he stated all American's will be vaccinated by end of May? Which is it. Is this Hope or false Hope? 

I asked this question a while back in the Coronavirus thread: What/when will be the end to the pandemic? People are dying everyday, yet it doesn't make the news as it did just a few month's back. I believe 2300 just yesterday in the US. Are we OK with flu like numbers? somewhere between 60-100k per season? 

All I know is "if" Bruce ever tours again. I'll be in the front row! With a lot of 30-somethings around me! 

11 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

All I know is "if" Bruce ever tours again. I'll be in the front row! With a lot of 30-somethings around me! 

I hope you'll be in the front row as soon as possible, then. But for the lot of 30-somethings being there, you'll either have to pay them to attend, or turn back time. ;) 

Unfortunately, rock'n'roll audience ain't that young anymore.

On 3/3/2021 at 6:32 PM, Jimmy James said:

Start the video at about 3:00 minute mark. :D

Is that movie any good?

Financially it makes no sense for the band to get back together unless they can book an extensive tour. And I don't see large concerts taking place before the summer of 2022. Personally I also believe that we have already seen the last Bruce Springsteen & the E-Street Band tour.

1 hour ago, LeoGetz said:

Financially it makes no sense for the band to get back together unless they can book an extensive tour. And I don't see large concerts taking place before the summer of 2022. Personally I also believe that we have already seen the last Bruce Springsteen & the E-Street Band tour.

I think it will be long residencies in big city venues...I would be fine with that.

Also think it will be 2 and a half hour shows maximum.

Summer/Autumn 2022 I think will be when this could happen.

3 hours ago, MacBruce said:

I think it will be long residencies in big city venues...I would be fine with that.

Also think it will be 2 and a half hour shows maximum.

Summer/Autumn 2022 I think will be when this could happen.

Well, long residences in big city venues have probably been the dream of every promoter (if not of every act), but I really doubt this is feasible, commercially speaking. I can’t figure out which act nowadays is big enough to fill a stadium more than three times in the same city. And that without taking into account the fact that fans may be less inclined to travel long distances in a post pandemic reality.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

Is that movie any good?

It's OK, very predictable, very Clint Eastwood. It's worth the 90 minutes or so of your time. 

5 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

Personally I also believe that we have already seen the last Bruce Springsteen & the E-Street Band tour.

I think this closer to right than wrong. 

5 hours ago, Frank said:

I hope you'll be in the front row as soon as possible, then. But for the lot of 30-somethings being there, you'll either have to pay them to attend, or turn back time. ;) 

Unfortunately, rock'n'roll audience ain't that young anymore.

Really what I meant by the 30 somethings is they maybe the only one comfortable enough to so to shows. As my wife has stated to me "I'm going to no concert or ballgame for years" 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I think this closer to right than wrong. 

In my opinion the only thing that will stop Bruce touring again is health reasons with him or the band. I get the impression going by interviews they can't wait to get back out on the road when it is safe to play in front of crowds.

• Like 3

Why do people refer to the PM as 'Boris' all the time? Every PM is referred to by their surname. 

He's Johnson. He's also a twat, but we won't go into that now.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Why do people refer to the PM as 'Boris' all the time? Every PM is referred to by their surname. 

This has often baffled my poor brain too. I've never heard anyone referring to 'Theresa', 'David', 'John' etc. It's a mystery, I tell ya. It's almost like a pet name ...

Boris the Spider.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

I believe this happens when people dislike the elected official.

Repubs hate Obama, they called him Hussein because he wasn't "legitimate."

For Dems that hate Trump it was Donald, the Donald and a whole lot of other things.

NZ: People called the PM Jacinda, now that may be a culture thing, I do not know of that is the case.