Greasy Lake Community

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

Yes, I know.

However, narrowing one's brush can help those who are helpless whilst wanting the jab to not feel got at. They don't want anyone to die and don't wish to be harangued. They also won't feel safe enough from hereonin to go to concerts of any size.

Nobody is accusing those people of being "anti-vaxers" though. That is the point.

• Like 2
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my first dose of the AstraZenica vaccine this afternoon and I feel great. I feel a small step closer to getting a more normal life back soon. And bring on the ESB in 2022! 

concerts are not even at the back of my mind im just waiting for the day i can see my daughter and grandkids again, nothing else really matters at the moment

Vaccine roll outs in full swing in some countries.. Summer 2021 UK festivals given go ahead... E Street band members unlikely to have made other solo tour plans for anything else... LTY

Posted Images

7 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

The vaccine roll out is one of the very few things the uk government have done right. There were more than 1500 daily deaths just 9 weeks ago and yesterday that daily total was 17.

28 million adults already had a first jab, myself included. Attending mass gatherings of concerts and sporting events has been my way of life for as long as I can remember and if a yearly jab allows me to do that for many years to come then it’s something I’ll be delighted to do. 

Honestly I'm jealous. The vaccine roll out is the most important thing of this pandemic and maybe even the most important thing since ending WW2 and they're fucking it up beyond belief over here. 1 million adults had their first dose here, that's around 9%. Nine! The way things are going I should be getting my first dose at the end of the summer. Let that sink in. Meanwhile the numbers are going up and another strict lockdown is coming very soon, go figure. It's infuriating. They should vaccinate people 24/7 but - as expected - it's a mess. Sad (or funny) thing is we all knew this was gonna happen.

4 hours ago, Rizla said:

Nobody is accusing those people of being "anti-vaxers" though. That is the point.

I tried to show a bit of humour with my first remark - and the wink. Wasn't a swipe at @Nick21

Many people will refuse the jab, not because they want others to die (after all, they may end up the ones most prone to Covid) but because they're frightened stiff of something being put into their bodies they don't want and that they think takes away their rights. These people exist.

Physical problems are not the only barrier to folk getting this jab - people with phobias and various other conditions. Just cos people look big and strong doesn't mean they're that way inside.

But, of course, most people will know that. Just be kind if you hear that somebody's not getting the vaccine - false bravado may hide something deeper.

• Like 1

Bojo made an interesting comment as he came of air earlier at 5pm 

He said the UK has done so well cos of greed and all the money being made from Az he then tried to back track and change the subject

He thought no 1 was listening but others were that Laura from BBC IS  class she's all over everything 

Laura is a good Scottish lass, born in Italy, but grew up and went to school Glasgow, and yes she is excellent at her job, my favourite though is the BBC Europe Editor Katya Adler, not only is she very good at her job she is also very attractive and a delight on the eyes.:wub:

• Like 1
On 3/24/2021 at 5:35 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

Watching this video just brought back that feeling of being at a Bruce concert. Roll on 2022. 

This one is fan-made, but I watch it sometimes when I need a "fix". (Maybe some of you are in it.) :)

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Our first test with large crowds here in the states is coming up pretty quickly now, as the Texas Rangers baseball team will allow 100% capacity of their 50k+ stadium. First I will like to see how many will attend and afterwards infection rate. 

Pfff....come on......Human Touch/Lucky Town anniversary tour in 2022?

April Fool's Jokes about Bruce Springsteen were better in 1978.

14 hours ago, JimCT said:

Jokes aide, I wouldn’t mind that at all. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Frank said:

Jokes aide, I wouldn’t mind that at all. 

3 hours ago, Rizla said:

I'd go.

Despite my previous post, this could indeed be very interesting.

But not as part of a HT/LT anniversary tour, but as a tour in support of a new album made with (members of) both bands.

1 minute ago, Lampi said:

Despite my previous post, this could indeed be very interesting.

But not as part of a HT/LT anniversary tour, but as a tour in support of a new album made with (members of) both bands.

Who in the ESB would you leave out? 

45 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Who in the ESB would you leave out? 

That is not something I thought about, as this all is only in theory (tour more theory than album).

But since you asked: Steve, as from recent photos it seems he is not in the right physical condition for a tour at the moment and should first be on a strict diet of only water and bread to change that.

Crystal Taliefero should be in for sure, the backgrond vocalists too.

No Tommy Simms because, like a review of a show said at the time, 'someone who would have looked at this watch during a Bruce Springsteen & The ESB show would be tied to a tree and left behind by his fellow E Streeters'.

I forgot who was the bass player during the television show where Garry stayed home, someone Southside-related?

So for a tour I don't really know, did not think about it as it is only theory anyway.

For an album, it would not be necessary to leave someone out, with everyone playing on different songs. Guitar parts played by Bruce, Steve, Nils and Shane. On some songs Max on drums, on others Zack Alford. Using the backing vocalists of both bands. NOT '1992-1993 songs' and 'ESB songs'; everyone playing together on different songs.

Finally, all those guitar players: Bruce, Shane, Nils, Steve, Crystal, Patti, Soozie....to the relief of quite some people in general and someone in New Zealand in particular...would make sure that Mr. Morello will not be invited to join the party...

• Thanks 1