Greasy Lake Community

What I'd really love is the guitar album that Bruce has talked about repeatedly. Then take that on the road with only Bruce, Max, Steve, Garry and Roy....never gonna happen, but one can dream...

• Like 1
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my first dose of the AstraZenica vaccine this afternoon and I feel great. I feel a small step closer to getting a more normal life back soon. And bring on the ESB in 2022! 

concerts are not even at the back of my mind im just waiting for the day i can see my daughter and grandkids again, nothing else really matters at the moment

Vaccine roll outs in full swing in some countries.. Summer 2021 UK festivals given go ahead... E Street band members unlikely to have made other solo tour plans for anything else... LTY

Posted Images

On 4/2/2021 at 4:27 PM, Lampi said:

That is not something I thought about, as this all is only in theory (tour more theory than album).

But since you asked: Steve, as from recent photos it seems he is not in the right physical condition for a tour at the moment and should first be on a strict diet of only water and bread to change that.

Crystal Taliefero should be in for sure, the backgrond vocalists too.

No Tommy Simms because, like a review of a show said at the time, 'someone who would have looked at this watch during a Bruce Springsteen & The ESB show would be tied to a tree and left behind by his fellow E Streeters'.

I forgot who was the bass player during the television show where Garry stayed home, someone Southside-related?

So for a tour I don't really know, did not think about it as it is only theory anyway.

For an album, it would not be necessary to leave someone out, with everyone playing on different songs. Guitar parts played by Bruce, Steve, Nils and Shane. On some songs Max on drums, on others Zack Alford. Using the backing vocalists of both bands. NOT '1992-1993 songs' and 'ESB songs'; everyone playing together on different songs.

Finally, all those guitar players: Bruce, Shane, Nils, Steve, Crystal, Patti, Soozie....to the relief of quite some people in general and someone in New Zealand in particular...would make sure that Mr. Morello will not be invited to join the party...

RATM is back so there’s no way Tom morello would return

• Like 1

I truly think that when Bruce hits the road again with the E Street, the show will be as standard as possible. Basically a hit filled celebration of the band. Imagine a remake of the 2016 River tour in terms of line up. He’s been repeating that time is finite for almost 20 years now. I don’t see him experimenting with the E Street format after a 6-7(+?) year hiatus.

3 hours ago, Frank said:

I truly think that when Bruce hits the road again with the E Street, the show will be as standard as possible. Basically a hit filled celebration of the band. Imagine a remake of the 2016 River tour in terms of line up. He’s been repeating that time is finite for almost 20 years now. I don’t see him experimenting with the E Street format after a 6-7(+?) year hiatus.

But, he will still want to be seen as valid, important and respected, and not as part of some oldies act.

11 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

But, he will still want to be seen as valid, important and respected, and not as part of some oldies act.

I'd argue that the album shows (2008, 2009, 2013) and touring behind a 36-year-old record (2016), not to mention the decline of narrative-led shows alongside the increase of sign requests, means that he's long been heading down that path. 

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Well, indeed this is what he/we may want, but let's face it: next time he tours he'll be 73 years old at best. And as popular as it can be, his latest album is all about "looking back" if not nostalgia altogether. So, I don't see him going down any innovative path while promoting LTY. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Frank said:

Well, indeed this is what he/we may want, but let's face it: next time he tours he'll be 73 years old at best. And as popular as it can be, his latest album is all about "looking back" if not nostalgia altogether. So, I don't see him going down any innovative path while promoting LTY. 

I don’t think a 2022 tour will be promoting LTY. I’m sure a good few songs will feature, but I think it will be a typical greatest hits. It would not surprise me if indeed the BITUSA box set is released before the end of 2021, then a 2022 stadium tour will incorporate the 12 BITUSA songs in sequence as a large chunk of the show. It may not inspire all of us die hards but it will sell out stadiums. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Texas Ranger stadium Opening Day 

.... :rolleyes::wacko::rolleyes:

In related news Guns n' Roses have just postponed (again) their 2020 tour Euro leg to 2022...

8 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I don’t think a 2022 tour will be promoting LTY. I’m sure a good few songs will feature, but I think it will be a typical greatest hits. It would not surprise me if indeed the BITUSA box set is released before the end of 2021, then a 2022 stadium tour will incorporate the 12 BITUSA songs in sequence as a large chunk of the show. It may not inspire all of us die hards but it will sell out stadiums. 

Well, you may well be right about the BITUSA box. But that basically strengthen my original point about having an E Street celebration kind of tour instead of an innovative one next time around.

• Like 1
On 4/7/2021 at 12:57 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

Inspiring us won't buy another 'orse for his daughter, selling out stadiums will.  My guess is that Bruce and Inc are more likely to try and sell out stadiums than inspiring us.

• Hug 1
On 4/2/2021 at 2:44 PM, Jimmy James said:

I will go to any form of Bruce has to offer! 

Shit: I'll go to any tour Ted Nugent put out at this point. 

Wango Tango!

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, This is The Way said:

they need to fill their wallets back up

That won't be the reason for stadium shows. Social Distancing! in stadium maybe 20,000 no pit! 

These acts going forward will need to be very careful with pricing. I predict the demand won't be there, outside us die-hard's per act! 

39 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

That won't be the reason for stadium shows. Social Distancing! in stadium maybe 20,000 no pit! 

These acts going forward will need to be very careful with pricing. I predict the demand won't be there, outside us die-hard's per act! 

Well if there is a 2022 tour we could well start to hear things towards end this year only time will tell interesting times 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Might be wrong, but I don't think we will have social distancing by next summer.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, MacBruce said:

Might be wrong, but I don't think we will have social distancing by next summer.

there hasn;t been social distancing in Cardiff on a Friday night for like ever...........

• Haha 4
15 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

I agree with you! But if we keep listening to the "experts" they will keep demanding it! 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Festivals that are being advertised in the UK are selling out, even before line-ups are confirmed.  People are desperate to party with live music.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Interesting to see how this one goes, 5000 with no social distancing... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56789454

• Like 1