Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

2022 Tour planning


Recommended Posts

On 4/7/2021 at 2:27 AM, BossMan13 said:

RATM is back so there’s no way Tom morello would return

Thank God for that

I would have spontaneously combusted going another 3 hours being polite and trying to look happy he was up there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We just had this at Edan park in Auckland

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/441193/six60-s-first-eden-park-gig-may-have-been-watched-by-millions

Its not Bruce's venue of the lovelly Mt Smart stadium but rather the major  duel cricket rugby ground 

50,000 people attended 

Thats huge 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Things are improving day by day here in the UK, and it’s probably another 400+ days before Bruce and the band will be over here so I’m very hopeful that concert conditions then will be very good. 

You guys are the envy of the yet to be vaccinated  world 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/nightclub-dance-liverpool-coronavirus-first-20498174

6000 people to attend the Circus night club in Liverpool tonight for Uks 1st night club opening NO JAB NEEDED TO ENTER NO SD NO MASKS all you need is a clear PCR TEST on the door 

Can I ask something here and I apologise for my lack of knowledge on these things. "A clear PCR Test on the door"...what exactly does that mean ? Does it mean if I wanted to go to this I would have to go and get a Covid Test done at a testing centre, then get the negative result sent to my phone or something ? or could I just get something written down that I could show at the door. As I say I can't really get my head around all of this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Can I ask something here and I apologise for my lack of knowledge on these things. "A clear PCR Test on the door"...what exactly does that mean ? Does it mean if I wanted to go to this I would have to go and get a Covid Test done at a testing centre, then get the negative result sent to my phone or something ? or could I just get something written down that I could show at the door. As I say I can't really get my head around all of this.

Yes you need to take a C19 test await the result then show it on the door to enter.

 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14690082/canelo-alvarez-billy-joe-saunders-date-live-stream-tv-channel-uk-start-time-fight-card/

60.000 in AT&T Texas nx week for Canelo so everyone can read it 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

This is the longest time to date between two tours.  

Really? The time between TOL and the Other Band seems longer? 

BTW: this is Bruce's fault and not the pandemic! Book signing? SOB? and WS? Should have been rockin! Play the stool shit when all you can do is sit on a stool. This is my selfish view! No need to pile on! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

6000 people currently mixing in 1 night club in Liverpool for 2 full days....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely 53,000 can get into Anfield than right, for the next match? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Surely 53,000 can get into Anfield than right, for the next match? 

On Sunday 7500 people are attending a concert in Liverpool also 1st in UK 

Wembley had 8000 last wk for football 

Yeah don't see why not said on news 20 min ago its down to 1 in 1000 people now and 22M in UK are living in areas with NO C19 deaths.

Make the most of this time people cos who knows what the coming winter will bring.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I’ve got my second jab booked in for May 21st so I’m hoping for a better summer than last years. 

This is great news :)

Good luck with the 2nd dose 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Really? The time between TOL and the Other Band seems longer? 

BTW: this is Bruce's fault and not the pandemic! Book signing? SOB? and WS? Should have been rockin! Play the stool shit when all you can do is sit on a stool. This is my selfish view! No need to pile on! 

The bold part is an issue that I have with the Devils & Dust and Seeger Session tours. 

I don't know if there were health issues with band members and Bruce wanted to do something, or had to put something out due to terms of the record contract and that is why he chose to put those out then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, burghfan said:

The bold part is an issue that I have with the Devils & Dust and Seeger Session tours. 

I don't know if there were health issues with band members and Bruce wanted to do something, or had to put something out due to terms of the record contract and that is why he chose to put those out then.

I think he just wanted to do something different at that time.

Glad he did because Devils and Dust was a really good (not great) album, and the tour was one of his best ever in my opinion.

Seeger sessions again was just a brief side project. Album was quite enjoyable, but the tour was fabulous.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

I think he just wanted to do something different at that time.

Glad he did because Devils and Dust was a really good (not great) album, and the tour was one of his best ever in my opinion.

Seeger sessions again was just a brief side project. Album was quite enjoyable, but the tour was fabulous.

Im a huge fan of everything  D&D, in fact its that little dvd that came with the CD that really cemented my rekindled fandom

Have seen nothing from that tour i havn't loved 

Bullet mic :wub:

 

The banjo record tour ....

Well

He had a lot of fun with it

Lots of people loved it

We got Charlie from it 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Im a huge fan of everything  D&D, in fact its that little dvd that came with the CD that really cemented my rekindled fandom

Have seen nothing from that tour i havn't loved 

Bullet mic :wub:

 

The banjo record tour ....

Well

He had a lot of fun with it

Lots of people loved it

We got Charlie from it 

 

Hate the bullet mic with a passion. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Really? The time between TOL and the Other Band seems longer? 

That's because really nothing happened between Amnesty Tour and HT/LT.

Except the Christic shows. And three years of rumours of finally a new Bruce Springsteen album released this year, but not...but then for sure there will be a new album next year! But no....  ...and then there was suddenly not 1 new album, but 2.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MacBruce said:

I think he just wanted to do something different at that time.Seeger sessions again was just a brief side project. 

He also needed to do something different, it seems.

The first Seeger Sessions were already in November 1997, resulting in one song (We Shall Overcome) released on a Pete Seeger tribute album. Later Seeger Sessions were in 2005 and 2006. From memory, originally there were only a few promotional gigs scheduled on the U.S.A. East Coast; then it became a 'real' tour, the Spring leg of the Seeger Tour; and after that also the Fall leg. So something that was originally indeed just a brief side project, became step by step something bigger. Even then still one of Bruce Springsteen's shortest tours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lampi said:

He also needed to do something different, it seems.

The first Seeger Sessions were already in November 1997, resulting in one song (We Shall Overcome) released on a Pete Seeger tribute album. Later Seeger Sessions were in 2005 and 2006. From memory, originally there were only a few promotional gigs scheduled on the U.S.A. East Coast; then it became a 'real' tour, the Spring leg of the Seeger Tour; and after that also the Fall leg. So something that was originally indeed just a brief side project, became step by step something bigger. Even then still one of Bruce Springsteen's shortest tours.

Tour date performances selection;

High Hopes - 34

Chicken Scratch - 35

Law Suit - 54

Seeger - 56

Tunnel of love - 67

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, This is The Way said:

Tour date performances selection;

High Hopes - 34

Chicken Scratch - 35

Law Suit - 54

Seeger - 56

Tunnel of love - 67

High Hopes was essentially tacked on as an extension of the already massive Wrecking Ball tour though right? At least in my mind it is. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...