Greasy Lake Community

March Archive - 27 June 2000 MSG

The sound is very similar to the IEM/AUD mix but it seems it isn't as great as what they got from the DVD (especially the snippet of Back in You Arms.).

But still very nice release.. I always love the rearrangement in the end of Back in your arms

25 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

It doesn't seem to be yet available to purchase. Obviously Erik was so excited he just couldn't wait.

For the next 25 minutes

89HQeAHYk7L7Lhd0RFM0lGgPwLKKcUXLGtggKQAf

For anybody wanting to compare the IEM matrix from back in the day:

Once again this is an notable improvement. Bruce's vocals are a little hidden/echoey in the matrix and the guitars aren't particularly prominent in the mix (whereas Max is), either.

Erik is very restrained this month.

I'm passing again this month. Too much repetition across this MSG stand, and I've never cared for the over sung and overwrought BIY Arms which seems to be the one song bait this month.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Erik is very restrained this month.

I'm passing again this month. Too much repetition across this MSG stand, and I've never cared for the over sung and overwrought BIY Arms which seems to be the one song bait this month.

Mary Queen of Arkansas is nice too.. I think it's a nice show to complete July 1st. if you make a compilation of the 2, it worths the price!   plus by far, Blinded by the light is the best of the tour (maybe the one played at the birthday philly show beats it)

• Like 2

Really happy with another MSG show from the reunion stand including some rareties like Loose Ends, Back in your arms and Mary Queen of Arkansas. Listening to this show and really enjoying this release.

Hopefully more shows from this stand will be released. Sunday is my birthday and this release a nice birthday gift!!

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

10 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Really happy with another MSG show from the reunion stand including some rareties like Loose Ends, Back in your arms and Mary Queen of Arkansas. Listening to this show and really enjoying this release.

Hopefully more shows from this stand will be released. Sunday is my birthday and this release a nice birthday gift!!

it is even better if you have the film of this show

The combo "Youngstown" and "Murder Incorporated" during the reunion is really brilliant!! I  am really fan of the way how it's played this reunion tour 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Of all strange decisions Bruce INC ever made over the years, the one _not_ to keep the combo of American Skin/Promised Land intact for LINYC is ridicilous. If there was ever an example of 1+1=3 that is the one. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Of all strange decisions Bruce INC ever made over the years, the one _not_ to keep the combo of American Skin/Promised Land intact for LINYC is ridicilous. If there was ever an example of 1+1=3 that is the one. 

Totally true... The way they made LIVNYC is a mess. I mean putting American Skin after LOHAD and cutting off Blood Brothers is another example. plus, even if i really the acoustic BITUSA (it showed how powerful Bruce was at that time), it would have been great to have in the DVD a sequence with Lost in the Flood then Mary Queen of Arkansas and Jungleland. (or Backstreets). 

Too much waste.. 

Also... not only did the LINYC documentary show the partial “Blood Brothers” clip that didn’t make the final cut, it also featured Bruce’s guitar solo during “Adam” from this show. 

How they got it so wrong for the final release - surely they could have edited a full show as opposed to using the HBO edit - was and remains horrific. 

After hearing this release I really wish that Bruce Inc will revisit the Live in NYC dvd and re-release it as a full concert and not like the butchered version which they released. I really think if you release it as a normal full show it is way more powerful.

• Like 3