Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Marnix said:

After hearing this release I really wish that Bruce Inc will revisit the Live in NYC dvd and re-release it as a full concert and not like the butchered version which they released. I really think if you release it as a normal full show it is way more powerful.

Also release it as a blu ray. It was filmed in HD. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Saturday newspaper arrived. So time to download the show, so I can read the newspaper during Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out.

Of all strange decisions Bruce INC ever made over the years, the one _not_ to keep the combo of American Skin/Promised Land intact for LINYC is ridicilous. If there was ever an example of 1+1=3 that i

Also release it as a blu ray. It was filmed in HD. 

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Also release it as a blu ray. It was filmed in HD. 

Now this raises a point that infuriates me.

Please just make all your stuff available on HD/Bluray Bruce (Bruce's people).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

These songs can also be released from the MSG stand: Meeting Across the River, Sandy, Human Touch, Dead Man Walkin', Incident on 57th Street, New York City Serenade, Spirit in the Night, Darlington County, No Surrender, Something in the Night, The Ghost of Tom Joad, Secret Garden, Racing in the Street, For You, Night, point Blank, Roll of the Dice, Dancing in the Dark, Be True, Downbound Train, It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City, Growin' Up, Another Thin Line, Candy's Room, Take'em As they Come, Independence Day, Rendezvous, Stand on It, Does this Bus Stop at 82nd Street ?

Without mentioning some songs Bruce played during the rehearsals like Real World (June 26-2000) or My Beautiful Reward (June 17-2000).

 

 I personally think that the archive series is a great thing. But I don't know if they can actually publish multiple shows in a month. It would have been great this month for example for them to release these shows together : June 26-2000; June 27-2000; June 29-2000. And keep the others for another month: a pack with June-20; June-22; June-23 and another with June-12; June-15; June-16.

 

Not only these shows by the way! It would have been better I think for them to release the three 78 passaic show together. The impact would have been greater and better!

 

If guys have some infos ? I don't know if it needs a 1-month-work to release those kind of shows that have been worked already. 
It would be a great change for the archive series which is the best thing Bruce is doing for us independently to the fact that he still tries his best to be connected with what happens nowadays  

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to hearing this one; an immediate purchase over here. Adam..Murder Inc...I'll take it.

I had a DVD of this baby back in 2001-ish sent to me from Australia by a great poster by the name of Fatman (who was there) . Good ol' times. The audience vid picked up some serious "Bruuucing" in response to the vociferous booing from segments of the crowd regarding American Shots. 

And, do you remember...we worried this MSG stand was the end of the band?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Looks great apart from loose ends (that thing follows me around like a bad smell

 

Have to go make room in my phone

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Saturday newspaper arrived.

So time to download the show, so I can read the newspaper during Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lampi said:

So time to download the show, so I can read the newspaper during Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out.

I hope it comes with plenty of Supplements. 

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lampi said:

The Saturday newspaper arrived.

So time to download the show, so I can read the newspaper during Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out.

I'm also glad I don't have to skip over The River also.

  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

If you guys still have room (and time) for thirds after reading Erik and Flynn's reviews, here's my offering :)

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2021/03/13/new-from-the-springsteen-archive-june-27th-2000-new-york-ny-madison-square-garden/ 

Kinda nice you mention Racing in the Street (MSG#7)! But also the line ''Baby I'm Trapped '' which is perfectly characteristic to these MSG shows.. It just seems like details (like the guitar solo of Adam) but they played each song with such a rightness, it is amazing

But as I read your lines about some mistakes Bruce, I just realize by listening to the show that they were so tired and washed-up.. And the performance are a bit ''weak'' even if when they played higher they just blown it out

It is unbelievable to think that Bruce holds these kind of show with his voice for more than 2h nearly each night for 3 weeks after months of touring 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Niels said:

I really do love reading them and always do so, but man they are pretty long, haha. 

Thanks for your feedback. I like going in-depth with these write-ups. It always gives people the chance to potentially look to them in the future if they need to find a specific moment or get an additional perspective on a song performance they enjoy/dislike. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mxschrtt said:

Kinda nice you mention Racing in the Street (MSG#7)! But also the line ''Baby I'm Trapped '' which is perfectly characteristic to these MSG shows.. It just seems like details (like the guitar solo of Adam) but they played each song with such a rightness, it is amazing

But as I read your lines about some mistakes Bruce, I just realize by listening to the show that they were so tired and washed-up.. And the performance are a bit ''weak'' even if when they played higher they just blown it out

It is unbelievable to think that Bruce holds these kind of show with his voice for more than 2h nearly each night for 3 weeks after months of touring 

I'd love them to release MSG #7 and that "Racing" someday. I remember watching a video of that performance on YouTube years ago and just being swept away. And yes, absolutely, it's the little things that thrill on this release and every release tbh. Whether it's the "Baby I'm Trapped" line or the very last "back in your arms". ESSENCE, no doubt about it. Bruce's voice at this stage of his career was something special. 

I wouldn't say that they were tired or washed-up based on those mistakes, I think it's more than that "Loose Ends" and "Back in Your Arms" were just less polished than "Badlands" and "Out in the Street" for example, which in comparison are really flawless. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'd love them to release MSG #7 and that "Racing" someday. I remember watching a video of that performance on YouTube years ago and just being swept away. And yes, absolutely, it's the little things that thrill on this release and every release tbh. Whether it's the "Baby I'm Trapped" line or the very last "back in your arms". ESSENCE, no doubt about it. Bruce's voice at this stage of his career was something special. 

 

It's really great how Bruce reworked the end of Back in Your Arms but it is sad he didn't keep it for the later show..

Another big example about these little details is 4th of July, Asbury park (Sandy). Bruce totally reworked the rythm of the song and the result is amazing.. His vocals technique in it is just amazing (like ''Ah Sandy their skins are so white''.. or ''hey Sandy the aurora is rising BEHIND us''.

All the last performances of each song all over the 10 shows are just fantastic.. Ramrod also is another great example

3 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I wouldn't say that they were tired or washed-up based on those mistakes, I think it's more than that "Loose Ends" and "Back in Your Arms" were just less polished than "Badlands" and "Out in the Street" for example, which in comparison are really flawless. 

Yeah but physically they got energy but not like the show they made in Toronto for example.. But they played the songs so freely, it is unbelievable..

 

The word that would fit perfectly to these shows is ''instinctively''

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Telecaster King said:

And, do you remember...we worried this MSG stand was the end of the band?

In hindsight, that would have been fine with me.  The band would have gone out on a high note.

Matched only by the first leg of the Magic tour perhaps, the Reunion tour was the best ESB tour of the “current era”.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

In hindsight, that would have been fine with me.  The band would have gone out on a high note.

Matched only by the first leg of the Magic tour perhaps, the Reunion tour was the best ESB tour of the “current era”.

I get where you come from; but I respectfully disagree and think the Magic Tour was the best tour post-TOL.

Rising Tour and Magic Tour were both better than Reunion Tour-at least 2002 and 2007- because of the context of a new album-the setlists build around the songs of the new album. Something the Reunion Tour did not have, obviously.

(...and then I wanted to write: 'and the Rising and Magic Tours did not have the 20-minute toilet break song Tenth Avenue'; but then I remembered Mary's Place...OK....so let's not write that, then.) (and all 3 tours did not have Sunny Day kids and full album shows; except the Sunny Day kid was maybe already introduced at the end of the Magic Tour? Can't remember. There were also already sign requests at the end of the Magic Tour, but before it really went out of hand on later tours).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'd love them to release MSG #7 and that "Racing" someday. I remember watching a video of that performance on YouTube years ago and just being swept away. And yes, absolutely, it's the little things that thrill on this release and every release.

Add me to the MSG #7 campaign - the opening pack (ANOTHER THIN LINE / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / FOR YOU / TWO HEARTS / DOWNBOUND TRAIN) feels fresh in comparison to some of the others from the end of the closing 2000 shows, SHE’S THE ONE after TENTH and a uniquely-placed NIGHT in the encores.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, badlands78 said:

In hindsight, that would have been fine with me.  The band would have gone out on a high note.

Matched only by the first leg of the Magic tour perhaps, the Reunion tour was the best ESB tour of the “current era”.

 

3 hours ago, Lampi said:

I get where you come from; but I respectfully disagree and think the Magic Tour was the best tour post-TOL.

Rising Tour and Magic Tour were both better than Reunion Tour-at least 2002 and 2007- because of the context of a new album-the setlists build around the songs of the new album. Something the Reunion Tour did not have, obviously.

(...and then I wanted to write: 'and the Rising and Magic Tours did not have the 20-minute toilet break song Tenth Avenue'; but then I remembered Mary's Place...OK....so let's not write that, then.) (and all 3 tours did not have Sunny Day kids and full album shows; except the Sunny Day kid was maybe already introduced at the end of the Magic Tour? Can't remember. There were also already sign requests at the end of the Magic Tour, but before it really went out of hand on later tours).

 

 

 

Less respectfully, the Wrecking Ball tour p***** over the Reunion tour, and Magic/The Rising were also better.  The Reunion era mostly contained stilted performances and staid setlists (until the end of the tour). Songs were butchered (The River) and others were overplayed - Mansion on the Hill / Ramrod / Light of Day.   Bruce's voice too...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Growin' Up said:

the Wrecking Ball tour

The Wrecking Ball Tour: no structure in the setlists; sign requests; Sunny Day kids; full album shows; and a tour in support of Bruce Springsteen's most overrated album.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To my ears, the centerpiece of the Reunion setlists was the trifecta of the “Born To Run”, “Darkness On The Edge Of Town” and “The River” albums, whereas the centerpiece of the Rising and Magic tours were the new albums of their day, neither of which is really any match for the combined material of BTR+Darkness+River.  Of course each tour had standout shows but the substrate of the Reunion shows is the better material.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lampi said:

The Wrecking Ball Tour: no structure in the setlists; sign requests; Sunny Day kids; full album shows; and a tour in support of Bruce Springsteen's most overrated album.

While I love the album - although, given how great the band sound on the title track, it should have been an ESB record - I agree with a lot of what you said.

I’d also throw in a bloated band, hideous attempts to throw Seeger-era material into E Street shows, and repeated Shackled/Sunny Day doubleshot into your list of faults!

There are still shows that I enjoy despite the tour’s flaws (the skip button helps at times) but 2013 was a huge artistic misstep with the album shows. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...