Greasy Lake Community

March Archive - 27 June 2000 MSG

Happy Mother's Day to me!  Thanks Bruce.  I was there in section 218 . My first time behind the stage. Great show. The Reunion Tour rocked!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mxschrtt said:

Forgot how good the pro shot footage was of this song. NUGS should explore audio/video packages - say $25 - of the shows that have both formats archived properly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

Forgot how good the pro shot footage was of this song. NUGS should explore audio/video packages - say $25 - of the shows that have both formats archived properly. 

i'm going to post Adam Raised A Cain

Bruce guitar is unbelievable but Max on the drums just destroyed it

As I already said, you have to listen to this show with the video footage, it is so much better (like every Bruce's shows i guess)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mxschrtt said:

Badlands' & prove it All Night's guitar solo got a baby and his name is Adam

LOL...the notes he is fingering are way off the notes that are heard... but cool effort!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

LOL...the notes he is fingering are way off the notes that are heard... but cool effort!

To be honest I was about to mix it myself with both HBO document and the audience video recording but i already found it on Youtube so I just add the track

But the drums seem perfectly sync at first sight? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mxschrtt said:

To be honest I was about to mix it myself with both HBO document and the audience video recording but i already found it on Youtube so I just add the track

But the drums seem perfectly sync at first sight? 

Have compared your version to this old version by Tailschao (using the two-cam audience film and the HBO footage, see below) - it’s spot on. 

Is it me or does the pro-shot clip repeat itself? Is this what makes Bruce appear to be playing notes different to the audio as badlands78 suggested?

3 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

Have compared your version to this old version by Tailschao (using the two-cam audience film and the HBO footage, see below) - it’s spot on. 

Is it me or does the pro-shot clip repeat itself? Is this what makes Bruce appear to be playing notes different to the audio as badlands78 suggested?

I just checked both document and it is identically the same.. So except if Bruce is doing a playback here with a tape playing, it was not edited:D:D

11 hours ago, Nick21 said:

While I love the album - although, given how great the band sound on the title track, it should have been an ESB record - I agree with a lot of what you said.

I’d also throw in a bloated band, hideous attempts to throw Seeger-era material into E Street shows, and repeated Shackled/Sunny Day doubleshot into your list of faults!

There are still shows that I enjoy despite the tour’s flaws (the skip button helps at times) but 2013 was a huge artistic misstep with the album shows. 

I remember when people talked about WB like it was Western stars ir letter to you :lol:

Still love my slow burning WOAD 

On 3/12/2021 at 3:46 PM, Sean McNeill said:

Now this raises a point that infuriates me.

Please just make all your stuff available on HD/Bluray Bruce (Bruce's people).

That would be fabulous.  I only hope there is enough market demand (outside of us superfans) to justify the effort.

It is like what happened to the MacGyver (1985 tv series) Blu-ray.  For 15 years the entire series has been available in poor quality DVD, but a couple years ago CBS remastered and released Season 1 in HD Blu-ray.  It looks fantastic.  However, according to a MacGyver fan site, sales of that release underperformed, and thus CBS scrapped plans to release the remaining six seasons in HD Blu-ray.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I remember when people talked about WB like it was Western stars ir letter to you :lol:

Still love my slow burning WOAD 

Yep. Huge artistic misstep and Bruce Springsteen are rarely used in the same sentence around this house... Springsteen's "missteps" (i.e., making stuff not to a particular listeners taste) are often more interesting than others entire careers. 

3 hours ago, hamerdriven said:

Yep. Huge artistic misstep and Bruce Springsteen are rarely used in the same sentence around this house... Springsteen's "missteps" (i.e., making stuff not to a particular listeners taste) are often more interesting than others entire careers. 

So ....

You love WOAD right? ! :)

3 hours ago, hamerdriven said:

You love bullet mic too ?

I looooooooooooooooove bullet mic ! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So i took this show for a walk today and it was fantasticly joyish

I cut my ESB teeth on LINYC 

I used to watch it to practice learning to pronounce everyone's last name!

Love 10th av from this tour

Its funny and its happy 

The reunion tour is my favourite version of ties and two hearts

I havn't listened to code of silence for too long 

Two hearts  :wub: love you Steve  

I love Bruce's  voice on this tour

That Adam was fantastic, its a whole different experience listening to it when im not having a mad at mum day - still intense but different  !

Then my earphones went flat - if that dam woman hadn't kept telling me every 30 seconds  to recharge its stupid battry i might have got a whole other song in !!!

Had to walk home on my own 

But i remembered how fantastic this era is

I wish i was @BrilliantDisguise 's brother - i think he saw every MSG show 

I hope nugs release every show from the MSG stand

But i had a sobering thought in the silence walking home

Im now the age they were durring that tour :o

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I love Bruce's  voice on this tour

His "fiery furnaces of HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" note on this release is incredible. I forgot how great he sounded on this night.

• Bruuuuce! 1

22 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

His "fiery furnaces of HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" note on this release is incredible. I forgot how great he sounded on this night.

But still a damn shame John Altschiller completely ignored the echo effect on the original arena mix on his vocals on this one.

4 hours ago, DennisC said:

But still a damn shame John Altschiller completely ignored the echo effect on the original arena mix on his vocals on this one.

That echo effect was never audible on any archive release, neither was it on Live at NYC which was mixed by Bob Clearmountain. This is an effect they only did on the actual live mix at the shows, it was never recorded on the multitracks though.

14 hours ago, Okely Dokely said:

Making my way through it finally. I noticed that much of the call and response part (the “meet me out in the street” solos with the band members) in Out in the Street from Live in NYC was taken from this show. Pretty cool discovery.

I watched a lot LNYC and I can tell you for sure that they mix many songs: like

- Backstreets (i think when he sings with Steeve is take from MSG#8 too),

- the image  of Badlands too (from MSG#10) 

- Thunder Road: they used in some parts MSG#9 i think

I think it is the most edited document that the board of Bruce released which was not a problem, for the last 3 nights they all dressed the same

MSG#10 images are very special (maybe because of the light?) comparing to MSG#8 and MSG#9  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nick21 said:

I love my Joad album

But i love electric Youngstown 

I love its become  a work horse of the modern set list 

Actually i was always a piano kind of girl but Nils c/o Youngstown taught be respect for the guitar 

I would watch LINYC and think why don't i love my job like Nils does 

I know this is a late observation but am I the only one to notice terrible track breaks? Example Track 7: 'American Skin' finishes, then there is band silence/applause, and then 'Promised Land' starts. Only when the first notes of the Darkness version sound, does the track click into Track 8. So if anyone wants to just play one of those tracks (we can't always have 2hrs 40m free) we either have AS and the opening tuning up bit of PL, or an incomplete version of PL.

The track breaks need to be in the right places, i.e. during the applause.

• Like 1

I couldn't care less for that opening tuning bit, that doesn't belong to the actual song, so nothing is incomplete. The Promised Land track starts right where it also starts on the studio version, i don't see where the problem is.