Greasy Lake Community

I know we all hate them, being caught behind them. But here's my favourite, from Kilkenny 2013. Apologies if it causes offence....but it did work. 

image.png.308d9ff20adcbe8dc61c4b505fdc7309.png

• Haha 3

Hate them all

Especially any with christmas lights

I beleave i was at the show that had the first Christmas lite sign request  :angry:

It was for a cover :angry:

And he played it :angry:

Pay me my money down :angry:

An utter waste consisting he had played the 78 intro two night before :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, I don't care about signs in general.

However, back in 2013 or so I was in the pit in Zurich with a good friend of mine.

He brought some plastic buttocks with him (please, don't ask where he'd got them) with THEN SHE KISSED ME written over them.

It was pretty amusing.

I liked the one at Wembley 2013: 
"A dollar to dance with my Mum" and it had a dollar bill attached.

Bruce did dance with the mum, and best of all he took the dollar bill off the sign and pocketed it.  :D

• Like 1
9 hours ago, CrushOnOutlawPete said:

I like them, I think they're fun. I mean don't be a dick and hold them up DURING songs but intrinsically they are not bad

I agree, seem people like to take all the fun out of a show. The sign requests are fun! DITD is fun! Sunny Day Kids are fun! Shout is Fun! Detroit Medley is Fun. 10th is Fun. 

• Like 4
19 hours ago, CrushOnOutlawPete said:

I like them, I think they're fun. I mean don't be a dick and hold them up DURING songs but intrinsically they are not bad

I like the ones that say

We love you Max

Or

Thank you ESB

The dumbest ones are the ones for DITD and even dumber are the ones for DITD durring a BITUSA album show

• Like 2

Oh and i especially hate oversized ones that still try  their herdest to assult my back passage

17 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

As long as they're not in my face or generally obstructing my view I love the request signs. They've helped in getting a lot of rare songs played live and I'm all for that.

Yes, and there's no need to hold them up EVERY time Bruce comes near.  He'll have seen it the first time.  :rolleyes:
I was in the second row centre once with a nice small request sign - just the name of a song - that wasn't going to piss anyone off, but in front of me was an Italian woman with a massive sign which she brandished at every opportunity, blocking both my sign and me.  :angry:

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Yes, and there's no need to hold them up EVERY time Bruce comes near.  He'll have seen it the first time.  :rolleyes:
I was in the second row centre once with a nice small request sign - just the name of a song - that wasn't going to piss anyone off, but in front of me was an Italian woman with a massive sign which she brandished at every opportunity, blocking both my sign and me.  :angry:

My next sign request will be on a 4'x8' piece of drywall, painted on it will be "Play Darlington County and Working on the Highway for Rizla" 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

My next sign request will be on a 4'x8' piece of drywall, painted on it will be "Play Darlington County and Working on the Highway for Rizla" 

Luckily I won't be the person who has to stand behind it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rizla said:

Are you planning on coming to a show in the UK then?

Would love to, but you may need to meet us in Spain hopefully Camp Nou as that is on my bucket list! 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Genuine question though - have you got me confused with someone else?  Because I have no special antipathy towards those songs.
Obviously I would prefer some rarities in their place, but I do understand that they are floorfillers, which is why he plays them.

22 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Genuine question though - have you got me confused with someone else?  Because I have no special antipathy towards those songs.
Obviously I would prefer some rarities in their place, but I do understand that they are floorfillers, which is why he plays them.

Hopefully I got the right person, but I thought you hated those songs played never again at a show of yours? 

18 hours ago, stillilllife said:

To be fair they don't know that it will be a Born in the U.S.A. album show though.

But they could stop holding the sign up blocking the view of other people 

• Like 1