Greasy Lake Community

Did the podcast from Flynn (BTX) regarding what they have on multi-track see the light of day?

26 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Yes, I knew that.:)

Taking it -again- literal, only one of you both can be the winner though.

Looking at the setlists: you got RJM's beloved Candy's Room, and RJM got your beloved Crush On You...Life is not fair...:o

:D:D:D

If you include the pulled Mohegan 2 seven of my shows have been released so i can't complain ..... But of course my first show would be pretty awesome as i'm sure it would be for RJM.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update Info Brucebase March 16, 2021: in collaboration with members of Greasy Lake, we're now building a online list of all shows that have a circulating soundboard recording Check also the colle

I would take any River tour show from 80 or 81   

It was supposed to come out but then the server crashed or whatever is going on over there. (Btw, long time BTXer. Thanks for having me aboard.)

I’d love to know if the Wembley stadium 3 nights of July 85 were recorded. Given the amount of recordings we’ve had from London shows it seems like a city where efforts to record were greater than in most. Starting with the rediscovered gems from Hammersmith ten years earlier. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I’d love to know if the Wembley stadium 3 nights of July 85 were recorded. Given the amount of recordings we’ve had from London shows it seems like a city where efforts to record were greater than in most. Starting with the rediscovered gems from Hammersmith ten years earlier. 

I get the impression that nothing on the 1985 European Tour was recorded professionally. A real shame (if correct) given how important that tour was.

• Sad 1
On 3/17/2021 at 8:46 AM, Born To Walk said:

If that was the case that no 85 European shows were recorded that would be a shame but you never know they could have a show in the vault somewhere 

On 3/17/2021 at 8:14 AM, doesthisbusstop said:

We also have a recording of Wembley Arena 81 on the River Tour 

On 3/16/2021 at 9:15 PM, Lampi said:

In the same interview where it was confirmed L.A. 20 August 1981 was not recorded, it was mentioned a 1980 show in New England was recorded. If true, could only be: Providence 11 December 1980, Hartford 12 December 1980, Boston 15 December 1980, Boston 16 December 1980. A little speculation: if indeed only 1 show, Providence or Hartford maybe more likely than Boston (why record only 1 Boston show instead of both?).

I would take any River tour show from 80 or 81 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

Update Info Brucebase March 16, 2021: in collaboration with members of Greasy Lake, we're now building a online list of all shows that have a circulating soundboard recording

Check also the collection of IEM and ALD recordings

We're so happy to have Johanna Pirttijärvi back on board doing new Storyteller pages, check out the latest additions for 1984, 1988, 2007, 2013, 2016 and 2017 :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
10 minutes ago, el sergio said:

Update Info Brucebase March 16, 2021: in collaboration with members of Greasy Lake, we're now building a online list of all shows that have a circulating soundboard recording

We're so happy to have Johanna Pirttijärvi back on board doing new Storyteller pages, check out the latest additions for 1984, 1988, 2007, 2013, 2016 and 2017 :P

This is why i spend so much time on the site. Still my favourite Springsteen resource.

1 hour ago, el sergio said:

Damn ....that miserable recording of the Veterans show is a Soundboard ?

1 hour ago, Early North Jersey said:

Damn ....that miserable recording of the Veterans show is a Soundboard ?

Only part of it is known to circulate.

maybe that could be something to add to the list, full or partial soundboard

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, el sergio said:

Jeez, the ONLY known soundboards that are from 1977 are Richmond and Albany. Sheesh. 

It's a damn shame Bruce won't throw a tiny portion of his massive wealth towards fixing the Rising shows esp. as it is such an important part of his legacy. I'm with Flynn on this one, pathetic. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, BenT said:

Jeez, the ONLY known soundboards that are from 1977 are Richmond and Albany. Sheesh. 

It's a damn shame Bruce won't throw a tiny portion of his massive wealth towards fixing the Rising shows esp. as it is such an important part of his legacy. I'm with Flynn on this one, pathetic. 

In reality I have no idea what kind of time and money it would take ....and i dont want to spend Bruce's money for him ....But of course i agree ..... Its an important part of a rich legacy and thank god we have one .... But certainly there needs to be at least a couple more :(

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

In reality I have no idea what kind of time and money it would take ....and i dont want to spend Bruce's money for him ....But of course i agree ..... Its an important part of a rich legacy and thank god we have one .... But certainly there needs to be at least a couple more :(

I'd be happy to spend his money for him on this particular project. He will still have hundreds of millions of dollars for Jessica's horse stuff and building barns for concerts. Also, I would like to ask him why the fuck he didn't use the back cover for Western Stars as the front cover...so much better than the horse.

• Like 1

Past comments are only true if money and time effort are the only issues.

Maybe most shows, or all shows (except Helsinki), are damaged beyond repair. (Or maybe not; we don't know).

Why Helsinki survived is still the question though.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Lampi said:

Past comments are only true if money and time effort are the only issues.

Maybe most shows, or all shows (except Helsinki), are damaged beyond repair. (Or maybe not; we don't know).

Why Helsinki survived is still the question though.

Damaged beyond repair doesn't seem to be the prevailing theory. hey theory seems to be that they used Sony's system to capture the shows, the software of which, has problems or become obsolete. Not that the recordings themselves are damaged.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, BenT said:

Damaged beyond repair doesn't seem to be the prevailing theory. hey theory seems to be that they used Sony's system to capture the shows, the software of which, has problems or become obsolete. Not that the recordings themselves are damaged.

Thank You!

There's been quite a few people saying that the recordings are damaged and completely unrecoverable.

They are recoverable, they just haven't done anymore.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Thank You!

There's been quite a few people saying that the recordings are damaged and completely unrecoverable.

They are recoverable, they just haven't done anymore.

The consensus seems to be they can't extract the audio into a format they can work with due to Sony's software they used in 2002/2003. Not that they have been corrupted and are essentially unusable forever. I could be wrong, but I think most agree that it s possible to get the audio, it would just take time and money...at least that's the take I heard from Flynn.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, BenT said:

The consensus seems to be they can't extract the audio into a format they can work with due to Sony's software they used in 2002/2003. Not that they have been corrupted and are essentially unusable forever. I could be wrong, but I think most agree that it s possible to get the audio, it would just take time and money...at least that's the take I heard from Flynn.

They're able to extract it, as they did with Helsinki. It just took a long time to get Helsinki to a workable format that they probably don't want to undertake another unless a quicker method is found. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't  even on Bruce's radar

It probably has to get past JLM first 

8 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't  even on Bruce's radar

It probably has to get past JLM first 

He's definitely aware of it.

1 minute ago, BenT said:

He's definitely aware of it.

Its my personal preference to blame JLM for anything im not happy with as opposed to lowering the hight of the pedestal i have Bruce on ;)

5 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Its my personal preference to blame JLM for anything im not happy with as opposed to lowering the hight of the pedestal i have Bruce on ;)

Basically we have no idea what the cost or time would be in trying to recover the files. Bruce Inc knows we want to hear Rising shows but maybe they don't think the cost will be exceeded by the profits, in which case it would be a bad business move. Of course, the tour is essential to Bruce's legacy. So we will see if that ever moves the needle. I wouldn't hold your breath, sadly.

• Like 1

Could audio recordings from videos be used in the future?

Quoting myself from last summer, "in Backstreets issue 20 found an article called "Bruce video in the works" (from early 1987).
"Arthur Rosato told the Courier-Post that he's spent the last year looking at over 500 hours of Bruce video."
"Rosato and his assistants filmed more than 80 shows from the Born in the U.S A tour, the Courier-Post reported." 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Breakaway said:

Quoting myself from last summer, "in Backstreets issue 20 found an article called "Bruce video in the works" (from early 1987).
"Arthur Rosato told the Courier-Post that he's spent the last year looking at over 500 hours of Bruce video."
"Rosato and his assistants filmed more than 80 shows from the Born in the U.S A tour, the Courier-Post reported." 

I'm not so sure, at least not in the foreseeable future. Based on what those close to INC have said, they don't have many multitracks from 1984/85 outside of the predictable stands. If the series is still going in 10 years' time, they'll have to be more proactive in cleaning up and releasing two-track soundboards to avoid covering 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 on repeat, but that's a long way off yet.

3 hours ago, Breakaway said:

Rumors are that they are holding one show for the Boxset. Which should be a no brainer...unless they wait so long many fans of died or become fans of light jazz while they read AARP.

• Sad 1