Greasy Lake Community

Did the podcast from Flynn (BTX) regarding what they have on multi-track see the light of day?

Finally got to listen to both: what a shame that Bruce turned down Sony asking Bruce to release all 10 Giants Stadium shows from 2003. Imagine if we had those now. Or Fenway or Shea. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 11:03 PM, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

The BBC Glory Days documentary had footage from the 1985 Los Angeles concerts at the last leg of the tour

They have it alright. Convinced by it. Zimny dropped some new shots of it into the Renegades trailer. He did the same with Houston and Tempe ahead of their releases, too. 

• Love Love Love! 1

On 3/23/2021 at 12:03 AM, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

The BBC Glory Days documentary had footage from the 1985 Los Angeles concerts at the last leg of the tour

12 hours ago, Nick21 said:

They have it alright. Convinced by it. Zimny dropped some new shots of it into the Renegades trailer. 

All 4 shows in Los Angeles were professionally audio recorded and filmed.

10 hours ago, Lampi said:

All 4 shows in Los Angeles were professionally audio recorded and filmed.

True, then again so were Barcelona 2002, East Rutherford and Boston 2003. If we’ve learned anything from the podcast, INC having a show and INC having a show in a format that’s useable in 2021 are somehow very different things!

8 hours ago, Nick21 said:

True, then again so were Barcelona 2002, East Rutherford and Boston 2003. If we’ve learned anything from the podcast, INC having a show and INC having a show in a format that’s useable in 2021 are somehow very different things!

There’s never been any doubt whatsoever over the ability of the Los Angeles 1985 tapes, both film and audio. The release of 9/27/85 from Nugs should be proof enough.

13 minutes ago, DennisC said:

There’s never been any doubt whatsoever over the ability of the Los Angeles 1985 tapes, both film and audio. The release of 9/27/85 from Nugs should be proof enough.

I would assume that at least one show is being held back for release on video in the BITUSA Box. If they haven't yet decided which show to include, more than one might currently be out of scope for a nugs release.

11 hours ago, Nick21 said:

The issues with the 2002/2003 shows is the Sony software they used at the time. IMO, Sony needs to spend whatever is necessary to free up audio their proprietary software made this a problem. But Sony is a POS company.

13 hours ago, Nick21 said:

INC having a show and INC having a show in a format that’s useable in 2021 are somehow very different things!

So you think the Los Angeles 1985 shows were filmed in Betamax?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lampi said:

No; I think both you and Dennis have interpreted my post differently to how it was originally framed. Apologies if I wasn’t clear enough. 

We know LA85 is useable; the NUGS archive and - as I said seven posts ago - Zimny’s recent teases prove this.

11 hours ago, BenT said:

The issues with the 2002/2003 shows is the Sony software they used at the time. IMO, Sony needs to spend whatever is necessary to free up audio their proprietary software made this a problem. But Sony is a POS company.

Why doesn’t Bruce invest some of his own money to fix the problems of The Rising tour. I think he made a nice deal with Jeep for that commercial and Spotify for that podcast. 

7 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Why doesn’t Bruce invest some of his own money to fix the problems of The Rising tour. I think he made a nice deal with Jeep for that commercial and Spotify for that podcast. 

We all agree he should do that. He's been notoriously behind when it comes to making certain decisions. Remember PJ was releasing every concert on CD back in 2000. Bruce finally got on board in 2014. Hopefully someone informs him the legacy of the tour is worth the money but smart decision making is not Inc's strong suit.

• Like 1

I’d love to know if a BITUSA box is planned for release this year. 2022 onwards is hopefully going to be busy with newer stuff so it just seems an ideal opportunity to get it done this year and out to fans who are missing live performances (recorded or otherwise) more than ever. 

18 hours ago, Lampi said:

No idea, it could have been shot on videotape. Tempe 1980 was filmed on U-Matic videotape and they were able to release that concert.  I'm sure whatever video format it was recorded on it'll be released

Something In The Night from a 1976 show on the Darkness Box.

There is also some footage from (probably) the same show in the Darkness documentary.

Where's the rest of the show?