The Official 2021-2022 NFL Thread

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, you have 2 friends I have zero! 

I would have never come to get you, until you put that silly banner up. 

Posted Images

Tom Brady rips NFL's new uniform number rule: 'Going to make for a lot of bad football'.

Just saw the quote above from Tom Brady about the rule change allowing players to wear a wider variety of numbers.

I always thought it was who was wearing the uniform that made the difference.

2 hours ago, burghfan said:

Tom Brady rips NFL's new uniform number rule: 'Going to make for a lot of bad football'.

Just saw the quote above from Tom Brady about the rule change allowing players to wear a wider variety of numbers.

I always thought it was who was wearing the uniform that made the difference.

Well I do believe he's talking about the defensive side of the ball, but the offensive side. #76 can be a Tight End?

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Well I do believe he's talking about the defensive side of the ball, but the offensive side. #76 can be a Tight End?

76 can line up as a tight end, always could, if they report in as eligible.  Nothing new/different there.

Below are the new number ranges for the different positions.

quarterbacks, punters and place-kickers to wear numbers 1-19, defensive backs 1-49, and then running backs, tight ends and wide receivers 1-49 and 80-89. Offensive linemen can wear 50-79, defensive linemen 50-79 and 90-99, and linebackers 1-59 and 90-99.

The ESPN article has him bitching about how will the offense know who to block because of the new rule.

Brady's argument makes as much sense as if JJ Watt or Aaron Donald (or any defender, picked them because they are well known) bitched about now teams can have a QB & RB with similar numbers both in the backfield and saying that defenses will have trouble knowing which one is the QB.

19 hours ago, burghfan said:

76 can line up as a tight end, always could, if they report in as eligible.  Nothing new/different there.

Below are the new number ranges for the different positions.

quarterbacks, punters and place-kickers to wear numbers 1-19, defensive backs 1-49, and then running backs, tight ends and wide receivers 1-49 and 80-89. Offensive linemen can wear 50-79, defensive linemen 50-79 and 90-99, and linebackers 1-59 and 90-99.

The ESPN article has him bitching about how will the offense know who to block because of the new rule.

Brady's argument makes as much sense as if JJ Watt or Aaron Donald (or any defender, picked them because they are well known) bitched about now teams can have a QB & RB with similar numbers both in the backfield and saying that defenses will have trouble knowing which one is the QB.

This makes more sense. I thought all players could pick what they wanted. And not report.

Seriously what has changed?

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

This makes more sense. I thought all players could pick what they wanted. And not report.

Seriously what has changed?

I don't think there are any changes for QB's, OL, DL, and kickers.

Under the new rule DB's can wear 1-49, I think the old rule was 20-49.

Under the new rule RB's can wear 1-49, I think the old rule was 20-49, same as DB's.

Under the new rule LB's can wear 1-59 and 90-99, I think the old rule was 40-59 and 90-99.

Under the new rule TE's can wear 1-49 and 80-89, I think the old rule was 40-49 and 80-89.

Under the new rule WR's can wear 1-49 and 80-89, I think the old rule was 10-19 and 80-89.

I don't know what any of the mock drafts said but I did see comments that if Najee Harris was available that the Steelers should get him.  He was, and they did.

RB was one of the needs, now I hope they can pick up an OL that can help.

9 hours ago, burghfan said:

RB was one of the needs, now I hope they can pick up an OL that can help

Well, according to our GM Ballard, this draft is loaded with OL choices deep into the draft.  

Just thought of this.

The last time the Steelers drafted a running back named Harris in the first round it turned out pretty good.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, burghfan said:

I don't know what any of the mock drafts said but I did see comments that if Najee Harris was available that the Steelers should get him.  He was, and they did.

RB was one of the needs, now I hope they can pick up an OL that can help.

In the last week I must have seen multiple drafts - Simms, Schrager, Brugler etc. - all placing Harris with the Steelers. Aside from the top two, that was about as nailed on as any pick in round one. 

Given how the Steelers are always above .500, how they’re doing to deal with Big Ben’s replacement is truly fascinating. 

Regarding the OL depth, I’m hoping that at least one of Walker Little, Teven Jenkins, Dillon Radunz and Samuel Cosmi are there for the Giants tonight (let’s face it, Azeez Ojulari isn’t going to last long!). Jenkins, ideally, for his versatility. 

I can see, if someone is willing, that the Colts package their 2nd and 4th to move up to get a pacific Offensive Tackle! But only someone they love! Ballard track record shows he hate's giving up picks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Mark your calendars, The James Gang heads to Indy on October 16th for a game against The Houston Texans on the 17th! Can't wait after a year away!  

Just in case anyone wants to know, The Indy crew will be back this year after a one year hiccup. 20th year!  Our date is October 17th v Houston Texans. Tailgate starts about 7:00am game time 1:00pm. Chili Dogs before the game and Ribeye Steaks after the game!