Greasy Lake Community

My American Mom - UPDATE

On 4/9/2021 at 9:45 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

Great stuff Rachel, you are doing a fine job on Marsha`s and our behalf, I look forward to the day when we all see you pictured relaxing and reflecting on Marsha`s bench.

I know it will be hard but I do look forward to seeing her bench in Asbury. It was ‘our’ place, and always will be 

• Love Love Love! 5

On 4/12/2021 at 3:21 AM, Kburke said:

Dear Rachel, I just tripped across this thread tonight - had not been to the Lake in ages.  I read all of it, cried several times, and I’m so, so sorry.   Your ideas to gather all these messages for Ray so he sees how much everyone loved Marsha, and to get a bench on the boardwalk in her memory - just perfect.  
Again, my deepest condolences to you, and hope that her memory surrounds you with love.  

Thank you, I really feel like it’s the least I can do. I just want to make sure we can all remember her in the best possible way and honour everything that she was. I hope that we all get to visit the bench one day 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Also wanted to say a big thank you to those of you who have contributed in the last few days. At the moment I think we’re almost at $600 to donate to St.Jude’s in Marsha’s memory which just blows my mind. I’m not sure if there’s a few more people who still want to contribute? I’m losing track because I made the names anonymous on the PayPal. I’ll leave it open for a little bit longer just incase! 

thank you so so much again

38 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Also wanted to say a big thank you to those of you who have contributed in the last few days. At the moment I think we’re almost at $600 to donate to St.Jude’s in Marsha’s memory which just blows my mind. I’m not sure if there’s a few more people who still want to contribute? I’m losing track because I made the names anonymous on the PayPal. I’ll leave it open for a little bit longer just incase! 

thank you so so much again

Im going to do mine today Rach but i have to update my paypal account (i ignore all those emails and then have a major panic when i need to use it again :lol:)

Please note my donation will now also include a contribution from @robk1 :)

He's posting me some historic  newspapers and the postage i owe him will go towards your lovelly project for dear Marsha 

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Im going to do mine today Rach but i have to update my paypal account (i ignore all those emails and then have a major panic when i need to use it again :lol:)

Please note my donation will now also include a contribution from @robk1 :)

He's posting me some historic  newspapers and the postage i owe him will go towards your lovelly project for dear Marsha 

Don’t worry Daisey!! There’s no rush :) I don’t think you need a PayPal account to contribute? At least, that’s what I read when I set up the contribution pool. I’m not sure if anyone on here has done it without using a PayPal account! 

that’s so wonderful :) thank you! I’m trying to keep note of every person who has been kind enough to contribute so Ray knows 

• Bruuuuce! 1

1 minute ago, rachelharms said:

Don’t worry Daisey!! There’s no rush :) I don’t think you need a PayPal account to contribute? At least, that’s what I read when I set up the contribution pool. I’m not sure if anyone on here has done it without using a PayPal account! 

that’s so wonderful :) thank you! I’m trying to keep note of every person who has been kind enough to contribute so Ray knows 

Im not sure of @robk1 's actual name ..... but im pretty sure its Rob :D .

26 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Might be a bit longer :(

I don't see my bakery wages in my account yet :(

On 4/3/2021 at 6:19 AM, rachelharms said:

Ok, I’ve figured out a way to do this! Through PayPal money pools where you can start a collection between friends. I’ve set one up titled ‘Marsha’s Memorial Bench’ and if you contribute your name will be shown and you will be able to see how much is raised. I haven’t put an end date on it so there’s no pressure to contribute straight away or even in the next week or so. Of course I will post updates about this collection on this thread and I will get back in touch with the people in AP who are responsible for the benches to let them know the situation. Is this okay with everyone? 

here’s the link to the collection pool: https://paypal.me/pools/c/8yg4bbvGF7

thank you again ❤️

Edit: I also put £600 as the target because it wouldn’t let me change it to dollars and I’m not sure what $650 converts to in pounds?? 

Paypal is throwing a wobbly

Ill try again in a minute (probably have forgotten my password in that time too)

forgetful_fish.jpg

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Paypal is throwing a wobbly

Ill try again in a minute (probably have forgotten my password in that time too)

forgetful_fish.jpg

I always have problems with Paypal and then I get it to work and have no idea what I did.:lol:

8 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Hey everyone 

Sorry to have disappeared for a few days, no I didn’t run off with your money! I just got really overwhelmed and felt kind of numb so took some time out to try and deal with my feelings. I’ll read through all my notifications in a sec, I just wanted to update and let you know that Ray has emailed me with what he would like written on the plaque. I’m off tomorrow so I’ll email it to the APCoC so we can get a proof of the plaque for the bench. 

hope you’re all okay

Rachel, sometimes you just have to take a breath. big hugs.x

• Like 2
  • Hug 1

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

All done @rachelharms @robk1

But ouch ! :( when did the paypal fees get so steep ?

They are making a killing from all this 

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I didn't think you had to pay extra?

Oh my this is heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers are with Marsha and her family. She will be deeply missed.

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

7 hours ago, jmw said:

I didn't think you had to pay extra?

There was like an $8 something charge but i did notice when i made a small donation to greasylake it wasn't there ???

33 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

There was like an $8 something charge but i did notice when i made a small donation to greasylake it wasn't there ???

I don't  understand why there was a charge, maybe someone else can explain.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, jmw said:

I don't  understand why there was a charge, maybe someone else can explain.

I clicked the link and had fiddled around with my paypal account (it wouldn't let me use 'another card' i had to go in and update my card (it expired last month and the new one arrived)

Its not the first time ive been charged a fee but right after Marsha's  bench i went to greaaylake tp donate a symbolic hour's pay and i didn't get charged a fee 

Thinking back the last time i used paypal US$ F&F about October last year  i also got charged about $8 or $9 fees

Its just that  $8 or $9 i would rather it went to St Judes :(

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I clicked the link and had fiddled around with my paypal account (it wouldn't let me use 'another card' i had to go in and update my card (it expired last month and the new one arrived)

Its not the first time ive been charged a fee but right after Marsha's  bench i went to greaaylake tp donate a symbolic hour's pay and i didn't get charged a fee 

Thinking back the last time i used paypal US$ F&F about October last year  i also got charged about $8 or $9 fees

Looks as though it may be a NZ thing

https://www.paypal.com/nz/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

image.thumb.png.02456b03071c4aa3043d5af2484a7e0e.png

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Thank you so much Daisey and Rob! ❤️ I got the notification to say that it worked. So sorry about the fees, I had no idea about that and no one had mentioned they had to pay any before :( 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I really had no idea about the fee for you so I will donate an extra $10 to cover the amount you spend on fees so it can go to St Judes on your behalf :) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rachelharms said:

Thank you so much Daisey and Rob! ❤️ I got the notification to say that it worked. So sorry about the fees, I had no idea about that and no one had mentioned they had to pay any before :( 

No worries, it must just be a NZ thing 

Today when i was out walking to the chemist (no nice cherry young Bruce fans at our chemist) i saw a monarch butterfly

They are my  sweet soul departed greasylake freinds :)

• Like 1

DFA947E8-2068-4658-9275-75F8E5F15409.thumb.jpeg.85290dc8fcfe586c109a44c69d611c7c.jpeg

Still receiving contributions (which is just incredible) so I wanted to show you where we are at now. We’ve almost raised £1000 in Marsha’s memory, which I think works out at around $1350... I can’t believe it. 

Once the bench is paid for, which should be the next day or so, it looks like we’ll have around $700 to do a memorial donation to St.Jude’s. 

Everyone’s kindness and generosity has been so overwhelming. I never expected this.. especially with how hard times are right now. I think it just shows the impact that our RJM had here and I hope that she is smiling somewhere. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 4

• CmonMrTrouble changed the title to My American Mom - UPDATE