Greasy Lake Community

My American Mom - UPDATE

16 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Thank You so much Rachel!!! 

Can't wait to see pic's come in! 

Thank you! I can’t wait to see the pics too!! It’s going to be so special 

I managed to play the video yesterday, but could not post then, it really struck home with me and just magnified how unfair this life can be when one so full of life and passion for life is cruelly taken far too soon when they still have so much to give, thinking of all family and friends.

• Like 2
  • Hug 2
  • Sad 1

I havn't been able to bring myself to watch it yet :(

After my dad died it took me two years to develop the xmas photos that were still in my camera 

• Hug 3

On 5/1/2021 at 4:00 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

I havn't been able to bring myself to watch it yet :(

After my dad died it took me two years to develop the xmas photos that were still in my camera 

Watch it, Daisey! She’s so happy, it will bring a smile to your face, along with a tear.  

• Like 2
  • Hug 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, judyg said:

Watch it, Daisey! She’s so happy, it will bring a smile to your face, along with a tear.  

It is the way you want to think of her, having a wonderful time watching Bruce.

• Like 4
  • Hug 1

I feel cheated i never got to meet her or see Bruce with her because i always live so far away 

(Not the reason i havn't watched the video yet - im just waiting for the right time - i want to be happy when i see it)

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1

On 4/30/2021 at 4:16 PM, rachelharms said:

Hi everyone, thank you so much for all your kind words. I appreciate all of the thanks, I just really feel like I don’t deserve it because it’s the least I can do for Marsha and for Ray and for us as a community to remember her. Having you all here and your kind words has really helped me the last month and I want you all to know that 

I have really good news, the proof of the plaque has been confirmed and I’ve just sent the payment for the plaque. We should see the bench ready by July, but we’re hoping for June. I’m so happy that I could make it happen, and I want to thank you all again for your incredibly kind and generous contributions that made this so special. 

I don’t think I will post the proof of the plaque, because I think it’ll be more special to wait and for you all to see it when it’s been made and when the bench is ready. All I can say is that it’s beautiful, and it made me cry.. a lot. My heart is in this and knowing that Marsha will always have a place on the Asbury Park boardwalk fills me with so much happiness. I miss her so much and I wish that I could be there with her physically, but having that there for her and knowing that she will always be there with me spiritually is so special too. 

Now that it’s been paid for and confirmed, I have a lot of relief and knowing that it’s really happening now makes me happy 

here’s the confirmation of the payment for you all: 

3CD6D80E-E398-499E-9A08-CE1598F5BD92.thumb.jpeg.3637cc4553304951b32fee5ae6a117ca.jpeg

I still have the PayPal contribution pool page up, with the excess for the money to go to St Jude’s in it. We actually reached £999! That’s before of course I transferred the money for the bench to the APCoC. I will keep the page up until we are all ready for the money to be sent to St Jude’s on Marsha’s behalf 

thank you all so much again for helping to make this happen :) 

Rachel, is the PayPal still up? i would like to donate if I can.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Rachel, is the PayPal still up? i would like to donate if I can.

It is still up! Here’s the link. I’ve kept it up just in case anyone else wanted to donate, and then when I know for sure everyone is happy for me to send the money to St.Jude’s I will!  https://paypal.me/pools/c/8yg4bbvGF7

thank you so much 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

55 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

It is still up! Here’s the link. I’ve kept it up just in case anyone else wanted to donate, and then when I know for sure everyone is happy for me to send the money to St.Jude’s I will!  https://paypal.me/pools/c/8yg4bbvGF7

thank you so much 

Thanks Rachel.❤️

• Like 2

I feel sad everytime i wash my hands because i would sing happy birthday to Masha because im hopeless remembering birthdays

• Sad 2

Also, I’m pretty sure that bench is the one that me and Marsha sat at when we visited Asbury. I can’t believe this is the way we will be together again there, but I’m so happy she has the best view in the world forever 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 7

24 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Hi everyone 

I’m sorry I haven’t been on to say much lately, I’ve really been finding it hard to deal with this and everything and I just don’t know how to cope with it at all, to be honest. I’ve came on here today though, because I wanted to let you all know something special. 

I had an email from Ray, which I opened on my break at work today. He decided to drive down to Asbury today, and look what he found! 

EB80A18B-2F81-4973-9F2A-EFE9D3C1B4D7.jpeg.fcdc7615ca7e308b0a7abe7b4deaf147.jpeg

To our complete surprise, since we hadn’t actually heard that the plaque was ready or being installed. But he went, and there it was. What are the chances, that it was waiting there for him? I’m so SO happy he got to see it. But I just can’t believe it. I cannot believe it at all. I can’t believe our beautiful Marsha has her very own spot on the Asbury Park boardwalk, facing the ocean. Her favourite place in the whole world. That was my dream location for the bench too, they did ask where we would like it, although there were no guarantees.. but there it is. Everything I had hoped for, for her and for all of those who knew and loved her. I just can’t believe we made this happen for her and I’m so glad that we did. As soon as I saw the email, I burst into tears and I haven’t stopped crying since. I just can’t stop at all. This was everything she deserved. 

You can finally see what Ray decided to have written on the plaque, which I think is beautiful. The fact that he chose to include me in there just means everything to me, although I did tell him that he didn’t need to include me, he insisted. I can’t even explain how much it means to have me and Marsha’s name there, permanently in Asbury Park. I’m just so emotional and there’s so much I want to say but it’s so fresh right now and I can’t stop crying. 

I just want to thank each and every one of you for all of your kindness, your generosity, your support and also to Greasy Lake/it’s past and current members for providing me with a place that has always felt like a home, without which I wouldn’t be where I am now and would never have known Marsha or spent the time with her that I did. I really really wish that I could send all of you who contributed a personal thank you, but PayPal obviously doesn’t provide me with details. But please know, I am so truly grateful. I’ll never be able to put into words what it’s meant to me to have received such kindness and generosity from you all. Thank you so so much. I really hope that you are as pleased with the memorial bench as I am, and I can’t wait until I can travel so I can see it myself and spend some time there. 

I look forward to seeing you all visiting it, and hopefully sometime soon when I’m allowed to fly, we can all meet up and get a photo together and maybe even a Wonder Burger. 

thank you again so so much.. I’m just so lost for words right now, and I can’t believe that she finally has her own spot on the boardwalk 

Only looked at the bench and it made me cry.x

• Like 5
  • Hug 1

1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

Hi everyone 

I’m sorry I haven’t been on to say much lately, I’ve really been finding it hard to deal with this and everything and I just don’t know how to cope with it at all, to be honest. I’ve came on here today though, because I wanted to let you all know something special. 

I had an email from Ray, which I opened on my break at work today. He decided to drive down to Asbury today, and look what he found! 

EB80A18B-2F81-4973-9F2A-EFE9D3C1B4D7.jpeg.fcdc7615ca7e308b0a7abe7b4deaf147.jpeg

To our complete surprise, since we hadn’t actually heard that the plaque was ready or being installed. But he went, and there it was. What are the chances, that it was waiting there for him? I’m so SO happy he got to see it. But I just can’t believe it. I cannot believe it at all. I can’t believe our beautiful Marsha has her very own spot on the Asbury Park boardwalk, facing the ocean. Her favourite place in the whole world. That was my dream location for the bench too, they did ask where we would like it, although there were no guarantees.. but there it is. Everything I had hoped for, for her and for all of those who knew and loved her. I just can’t believe we made this happen for her and I’m so glad that we did. As soon as I saw the email, I burst into tears and I haven’t stopped crying since. I just can’t stop at all. This was everything she deserved. 

You can finally see what Ray decided to have written on the plaque, which I think is beautiful. The fact that he chose to include me in there just means everything to me, although I did tell him that he didn’t need to include me, he insisted. I can’t even explain how much it means to have me and Marsha’s name there, permanently in Asbury Park. I’m just so emotional and there’s so much I want to say but it’s so fresh right now and I can’t stop crying. 

I just want to thank each and every one of you for all of your kindness, your generosity, your support and also to Greasy Lake/it’s past and current members for providing me with a place that has always felt like a home, without which I wouldn’t be where I am now and would never have known Marsha or spent the time with her that I did. I really really wish that I could send all of you who contributed a personal thank you, but PayPal obviously doesn’t provide me with details. But please know, I am so truly grateful. I’ll never be able to put into words what it’s meant to me to have received such kindness and generosity from you all. Thank you so so much. I really hope that you are as pleased with the memorial bench as I am, and I can’t wait until I can travel so I can see it myself and spend some time there. 

I look forward to seeing you all visiting it, and hopefully sometime soon when I’m allowed to fly, we can all meet up and get a photo together and maybe even a Wonder Burger. 

thank you again so so much.. I’m just so lost for words right now, and I can’t believe that she finally has her own spot on the boardwalk 

Marsha is watching over her Ray and you Rachel!  I'm convinced!    I'll be down there next weekend and hope I don't start to cry when I see it...

• Like 5
  • Hug 2

I just love the bench @rachelharms

I wish we could have done something similar for my dad (and mum) but so much stuff like that gets vandalized here

Marsha must be looking down at her seat on the boardwalk and be so happy and proud of you 

I don't know when the pain of loss dulls to the point where you can look back and enjoy the menories without the pain

Sometimes i can do it with my dad but he's been gone more than half my life now

Some days we talk about Tinky and I'm not sad but he was an old man cat who got to be an elder statesmen

But hopefully  it (pain free menories)  will come Rachel 

:wub:

Love Nicky

• Hug 1

• CmonMrTrouble changed the title to My American Mom - UPDATE