Greasy Lake Community

My American Mom - UPDATE

Well done Rachel and Ray, very fitting tribute to a special lady, Rachel get all the emotion out it is just a part of the healing process, then get across there with great pride and share with us your photos sitting on the bench.

• Like 5
  • Hug 1

18 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

Marsha is watching over her Ray and you Rachel!  I'm convinced!    I'll be down there next weekend and hope I don't start to cry when I see it...

Definitely! He said that it was the first bench that he saw and it just happened to have the plaque there waiting for him. I’m so glad that he got to see it and I know it’s going to be so hard to see it in person myself. I’ll definitely cry, and I think that that’s okay. I hope we can visit together in the not too distant future 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1

12 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I just love the bench @rachelharms

I wish we could have done something similar for my dad (and mum) but so much stuff like that gets vandalized here

Marsha must be looking down at her seat on the boardwalk and be so happy and proud of you 

I don't know when the pain of loss dulls to the point where you can look back and enjoy the menories without the pain

Sometimes i can do it with my dad but he's been gone more than half my life now

Some days we talk about Tinky and I'm not sad but he was an old man cat who got to be an elder statesmen

But hopefully  it (pain free menories)  will come Rachel 

:wub:

Love Nicky

I really hope so.. it’s the least she deserves and I’m really so glad we could all make this happen for her and have a place to cherish her memory forever

I think it was just so much of a shock and seeing the bench there memorialising her helps to set it in, which is what makes it harder although I am glad that she has something there in her memory forever. I just keep thinking that she’s not really gone and I feel like I’ve lost a huge part of me 

i understand how you feel and I hope that even if the pain doesn’t ease straight away, I can at least honour her memory in every way possible :) ❤️

• Like 2
  • Hug 2

4 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Well done Rachel and Ray, very fitting tribute to a special lady, Rachel get all the emotion out it is just a part of the healing process, then get across there with great pride and share with us your photos sitting on the bench.

I will try my best! I really really hope I can visit soon, and that it will be a beautiful sunny day and that we can watch the waves together in our favourite place in the whole world 

• Hug 4

• CmonMrTrouble changed the title to My American Mom - UPDATE
1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

Ray sent me this video of the bench and he said I could share it with all of you. It’s beautiful and it made me cry 

IMG_3870.mov 32.5 MB · 1 download

I shouldn't really make this about me, but I'm so happy that Ray saw the bench on my birthday! Hi, Marsha :wub: :wub:

• Like 3
  • Hug 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

6 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

I shouldn't really make this about me, but I'm so happy that Ray saw the bench on my birthday! Hi, Marsha :wub: :wub:

Awww I didn’t realise it was your birthday!! Happiest of Birthday’s to you!! I hope you had a great day :)❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Definitely! He said that it was the first bench that he saw and it just happened to have the plaque there waiting for him. I’m so glad that he got to see it and I know it’s going to be so hard to see it in person myself. I’ll definitely cry, and I think that that’s okay. I hope we can visit together in the not too distant future 

It's more than okay, and totally fine, just as long as you smile after.   Rachel, anytime in AP, just let me know!  :wub:

• Like 2
  • Hug 1

2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Happy belated birthday.

• Like 1

Rachel you are probably having a hard time now because you put your grief into something so positive and you accomplished something amazing. A little bit of letdown seems inevitable.

Time heals somewhat ....But it can be a lot of time.

We should all have such a friend.

• Like 6
  • Hug 1

It might be an odd thing to say but I realy like the idea that we all have a little spot on the beach at Asbury that we share, and with which we honour Marsha. No matter how small a contribution we made a little bit of our time and income went into that plaque and so we are all "there" with Marsha in a sense. Or at least that is how I am choosing to see it. Thank you again Rachel for coming up with what has to be the perfect tribute to her. You were lucky to be able to call her friend but so was she to be able to say the same of you.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, JimCT said:

Took me a while to find a way to play it on my Mac, but I got it finally. Wonderful!

Could only get audio no video, tried a few things but kept getting message to say is was coded ?

11 hours ago, JimCT said:

Took me a while to find a way to play it on my Mac, but I got it finally. Wonderful!

1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Could only get audio no video, tried a few things but kept getting message to say is was coded ?

I had to download the file, then go to it in "Finder", and "control-click" to chose "Open with", and then use Apple TV to watch it. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

It's more than okay, and totally fine, just as long as you smile after.   Rachel, anytime in AP, just let me know!  :wub:

Can’t wait to finally see you!!

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

13 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Rachel you are probably having a hard time now because you put your grief into something so positive and you accomplished something amazing. A little bit of letdown seems inevitable.

Time heals somewhat ....But it can be a lot of time.

We should all have such a friend.

I think that makes sense. I guess I thought I had a little more time before it would be ready and for it to sink in but I’m so glad it’s ready so soon and that by chance Ray just happened to find it. It was obviously the way it was meant to be. 

I’m just so blessed to have known her and to have had the time with her that I did. She will always be a part of me

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 2

4 hours ago, SydneyGirl said:

It might be an odd thing to say but I realy like the idea that we all have a little spot on the beach at Asbury that we share, and with which we honour Marsha. No matter how small a contribution we made a little bit of our time and income went into that plaque and so we are all "there" with Marsha in a sense. Or at least that is how I am choosing to see it. Thank you again Rachel for coming up with what has to be the perfect tribute to her. You were lucky to be able to call her friend but so was she to be able to say the same of you.

Definitely! That’s how I see it too. That’s why I’m so glad that I got to share it with so many people, because as much as it is Marsha’s bench, it’s also a Lakers bench and a symbol of everything we are and a memorialisation of everyone we have loved because of this place. We are all there with her for sure. She really led the way in how a community should be and was the kindest soul I’ve ever known. I just hope that we can all visit it soon and spend some time there with her, and reflect on how lucky we are to have known someone like Marsha. Thank you for being so sweet 

• Like 6