Greasy Lake Community

My American Mom - UPDATE

21 minutes ago, MadamMarie said:

I made it to Marsha’s bench, smiled and said a prayer.  No tears, as it was the most beautiful morning, and I knew she was at peace and smiling down on her beloved Asbury Park. 

14342A86-A889-492C-8655-D90354DCABF3.jpeg

443CB0A2-D2DA-467A-BDB3-59040B70D0C6.jpeg

Wonderful.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

I made it to Marsha’s bench, smiled and said a prayer.  No tears, as it was the most beautiful morning, and I knew she was at peace and smiling down on her beloved Asbury Park. 

This is what i hopped when i opened this thread 

:)

• Like 3
  • Hug 1

7 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

Rather beautiful looking hair going on there 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent work Rachel, very well done, Marsha and indeed everyone here is very proud of what you have undertaken to do here, you should be very proud. Now all we want to see is pictures of your own first visit to see the fruits of your labour, hopefully you will be able to do this sooner rather that later.

• Like 6
  • Hug 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 9:42 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

Excellent work Rachel, very well done, Marsha and indeed everyone here is very proud of what you have undertaken to do here, you should be very proud. Now all we want to see is pictures of your own first visit to see the fruits of your labour, hopefully you will be able to do this sooner rather that later.

Thank you so much, I really hope my visit is sometime soon. I need it. I feel like I’m just kind of floating along until I have the closure of seeing the bench. I can’t wait to spend time there and hopefully meet some of you there one day. 

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I miss Marsha's presence in my world.

And now that I live much further away from AP (and there's a pandemic going on), I don't know when I'll get to sit on Marsha's bench. But it's funny how often I think of her.

• Hug 4

2 hours ago, Skin2Skin said:

I miss Marsha's presence in my world.

And now that I live much further away from AP (and there's a pandemic going on), I don't know when I'll get to sit on Marsha's bench. But it's funny how often I think of her.

I still can't beleave she's gone D :(

• Hug 1
  • Sad 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 7:31 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

I still can't beleave she's gone D :(

Me too. It still doesn’t feel real and I miss her so much. Every day there’s something I wish I could talk to her about. I have a ticket for Bruce next week and it doesn’t look like I’m going to be able to go and I miss the comfort I know she would give to me

its getting closer to my birthday and the time I’d usually be in New Jersey and I’m dreading it because it just doesn’t feel right 

• Hug 2
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Me too. It still doesn’t feel real and I miss her so much. Every day there’s something I wish I could talk to her about. I have a ticket for Bruce next week and it doesn’t look like I’m going to be able to go and I miss the comfort I know she would give to me

its getting closer to my birthday and the time I’d usually be in New Jersey and I’m dreading it because it just doesn’t feel right 

Hopefully we can remember her when we meet for lunch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Hugs to you dear Rachel 

The first of everything with out someone is always awfully hard, but try to do something nice for yourself on your birthday - she would like that- perhaps do something completly different 

The first year after my dad died i ate oysters and chips in the sand dunes  - my birthday is always just outside the Bluff oyster season so it waa definatly something i had never done before because they are so exspensive 

It was a windy overcast cold day but they tasted good 

And i remember that first Christmas with just the 3 of us my mum invited freinds for breakfast (before breakfast was a thing) and we had scallops 

So you do something different kind of as a way of protecting yourself aganist the pain of the familiar 

The next year is certainly not eaiser but over time it gets less hard 

So do do something nice and different for your birthday 

Death trully sucks 

Im sorry to read you might not make SOB - i hope that still works out for you 

Take care and stay safe

Love Nicky 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 10:54 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

Hugs to you dear Rachel 

The first of everything with out someone is always awfully hard, but try to do something nice for yourself on your birthday - she would like that- perhaps do something completly different 

The first year after my dad died i ate oysters and chips in the sand dunes  - my birthday is always just outside the Bluff oyster season so it waa definatly something i had never done before because they are so exspensive 

It was a windy overcast cold day but they tasted good 

And i remember that first Christmas with just the 3 of us my mum invited freinds for breakfast (before breakfast was a thing) and we had scallops 

So you do something different kind of as a way of protecting yourself aganist the pain of the familiar 

The next year is certainly not eaiser but over time it gets less hard 

So do do something nice and different for your birthday 

Death trully sucks 

Im sorry to read you might not make SOB - i hope that still works out for you 

Take care and stay safe

Love Nicky 

You are the sweetest

i will definitely try and find a way to honour Marsha in every thing that I do, and every day that I can. I hope that I do something for my birthday that can make me feel like I shared it with her. The day before my birthday will be 2 years since the last time we were together, so it’s going to be hard either way. 

No SOB for me sadly.. I had hoped and prayed but it wasn’t meant to be. I won’t let myself be too sad because the luck I had the first run was more than I could have hoped for and nothing will compare to that birthday show, right? I’d hoped to be there for Sea Hear Now next week too but that’s looking unlikely. It’s just a lot of disappointment but it’s out of my control

I got tickets for the first night of the Abba thing in London next year though so that’s something fun and exciting to look forward to

Sending hugs ❤️

• Like 3
  • Hug 1