Greasy Lake Community

My American Mom - UPDATE

On 10/17/2021 at 6:15 PM, rachelharms said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVDbawEDBhj/?utm_medium=copy_link

5FAEA7EF-3523-4B84-B9DE-46E914FA203F.thumb.jpeg.c65c1d7a03804699e7fa51ffb00572ac.jpeg

I don’t suppose you need me to do a travel diary here anymore but I’ll definitely use this thread to post updates and my journey to the bench. :) 

Maybe not an "every 10 minutes" diary, but PLEASE share your thoughts and photos here - I know many of us are excited to hear from you about this adventure

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

4 hours ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Maybe not an "every 10 minutes" diary, but PLEASE share your thoughts and photos here - I know many of us are excited to hear from you about this adventure

Of course I will!! It wouldn’t feel right going to New Jersey without sharing it with you all

• Like 4

Dear Marsha 

Just because this thread has slipped down the board, i know you know we havn't forbidden you

My garden is full of roses so i see you every day

Have you bumped into Gary's Melanie yet?

I know you had a much wider range of music you listened to then i do, she will be listening to classic heavy metal 

I watched a Christmas movie on netflex- i remember how much more you love Christmas than me so i thought of you 

Love always 

Nicky xxx

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 3

7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

we havn't forgotten you

I'll just quickly edit 'forbidden' to 'forgotten', but yes, this can't be stressed enough. 

I hope the promised land is serving Marsha well, and in assuming what that place is like, I've gotta say I'm a little jealous knowing she's already seen the upcoming No Nukes film and is currently enjoying that early Steel Mill footage filmed in 4K. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was supposed to fly to NJ yesterday and of course keep updating you all but sadly I had to go to A&E last Tuesday and only got out of hospital yesterday so I’ve postponed my trip by like a week hopefully. I’m still recovering and taking each day slowly but hopefully I can see the bench soon!

• Hug 8
  • Sad 3

Of course it’s the absolute worst thing that could’ve happened and my biggest nightmare but honestly I’m just glad to have made it out of hospital and breathing some salty sea air would be amazing 

• Hug 5

5 hours ago, rachelharms said:

I was supposed to fly to NJ yesterday and of course keep updating you all but sadly I had to go to A&E last Tuesday and only got out of hospital yesterday so I’ve postponed my trip by like a week hopefully. I’m still recovering and taking each day slowly but hopefully I can see the bench soon!

WTF English Jersey girl ?????

take care of yourself

the garden state will be waiting for you next week

• Hug 1

7 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'll just quickly edit 'forbidden' to 'forgotten', but yes, this can't be stressed enough. 

I hope the promised land is serving Marsha well, and in assuming what that place is like, I've gotta say I'm a little jealous knowing she's already seen the upcoming No Nukes film and is currently enjoying that early Steel Mill footage filmed in 4K. 

thank you Kerien (did i spell you right ?)

much appreated

lucky Marsha taught 2nd grade, so she's seen it all in the bad spelling dept

year, she'll be up there with Obie Dziedzic digging through the fault, looking down on Zimmy (probably hopping to edit down all KIttys ):lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rachelharms said:

as my store manager Linda says, nothing is more important that health

• Hug 1

24 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

How come you're the only person here who can spell that? :P

well i did actually google her

i just put in Obe Springtseen fan and she came up first pop

young Mr Paplo is a bit harder to find :lol:

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

thank you Kerien (did i spell you right ?)

much appreated

lucky Marsha taught 2nd grade, so she's seen it all in the bad spelling dept

year, she'll be up there with Obie Dziedzic digging through the fault, looking down on Zimmy (probably hopping to edit down all KIttys ):lol:

It's spelled 'Kieran', but you were close-ish!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

It's spelled 'Kieran', but you were close-ish!

oh dear

i didnt even have the right letters

ops scusa amico

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Sorry to hear this Rachel, but at least it is only delayed. 

Hoping you feel better VERY quickly

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

On 11/9/2021 at 8:41 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

WTF English Jersey girl ?????

take care of yourself

the garden state will be waiting for you next week

Yeah it’s been horrible I was so so scared but I’ve rebooked everything for next week and should fly on Monday!!!

• Hug 4

On 11/10/2021 at 5:26 AM, CmonMrTrouble said:

Sorry to hear this Rachel, but at least it is only delayed. 

Hoping you feel better VERY quickly

Thank you so much, I do feel better just being very careful!! I rebooked for Monday so hopefully everything goes well :) 

• Like 1
  • Hug 3

So now I’ve rebooked everything I just started organising all of my stuff and started packing. This is my first time going to New Jersey in almost 2 years…

Before I started, I came across a card that Marsha gave me and on the envelope it reads ‘Welcome Home’

maybe a sign? Maybe not. But I’ll take it. It made me cry 

It’s from the first time I flew by myself back in April 2019 to stay with Marsha & Ray, and when we went to the APFF. 

710B5843-AD27-4475-96B2-6E9E8693B5A9.thumb.jpeg.ded75a8e396e93f761a2fc8635f91c16.jpeg1C238DD6-240B-4D20-95C7-213C9265E101.thumb.jpeg.7fe386bed97f954f8ed9215a21f97af9.jpeg8AA29557-5EB7-4761-890F-0B2311764D8C.thumb.jpeg.15177edb5cb0d431487826fbb5e9dc3a.jpeg

She really was the most thoughtful and sweetest person ever

• Love Love Love! 4
  • Hug 2

I’m on the train to london!! I haven’t been to london since the last time I flew to America. This is so weird. It’s like so much time has passed but none at all

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1