Greasy Lake Community

So sorry to hear that...She was always one that I saw posting quite a lot and she always seemed like a sweet person and often seemed to share opinion with me on Bruce stuff. She was no doubt one of my favorite members. This will be a more empty place without her.
May she rest in peace.

• Like 3
  • Hug 2
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It breaks my heart to have to let you all know, that my best friend, my American Mom and dare I say it, Bruce’s number 1 fan, @rosiejaneymary sadly passed away peacefully yesterday.    Marsha w

Hi everyone  I’m sorry I haven’t been on to say much lately, I’ve really been finding it hard to deal with this and everything and I just don’t know how to cope with it at all, to be honest. I’ve

Hi everyone Just an update that the proof of the plaque is on its way, and we will hopefully see the bench before summer. Sorry to not have spoken for a little while, I’ve been a little overwhelm

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

So sorry to hear that...She was always one that I saw posting quite a lot and she always seemed like a sweet person and often seemed to share opinion with me on Bruce stuff. She was no doubt one of my favorite members. This will be a more empty place without her.
May she rest in peace.

Could not agree more.

• Like 6
  • Hug 1
31 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

I am in absolute shock...Marsha was a fantastic person....We most recently passed along Christmas greetings to each other and I sent her the concert poster that she wanted so much....I still have her Christmas cards and I have a Bruce magnet she sent me that I keep in my office to this day... I met her only once before a show in Newark...She had such a wonderful personality....It was like we had known each other for years...I am stunned...Just can’t believe it....Peace to her family and friends.

She was the last of the card senders, our Marsha.  I have 2 magnets on my fridge Bruuuuuuuce and a Jersey Girl. I miss her ♥️

• Hug 6

Since broke the ice, with a non Bruce tune. Left work tonight needed to hear something heavy. This was the first song I heard, and had a bit of a tear. 

• Like 1
  • Hug 2

I have a new year's card i always fully intend to frame for my Bruce room

I have these on my fridge from her

Im glad she got to see Bruce so many times

We shared many a virtual cool-aid (her's organic and sugar free - mine full of additives and preservative  

1616556491452674202379.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Hug 2
18 hours ago, rachelharms said:

It breaks my heart to have to let you all know, that my best friend, my American Mom and dare I say it, Bruce’s number 1 fan, @rosiejaneymary sadly passed away peacefully yesterday. 

Marsha was the sweetest, kindest, purest hearted person I’ve ever met. She was my best friend. I was a stranger to her and through the Lake, she became my mom. She supported me, was there for me constantly and even let me into her home. She introduced me to all of her friends who also looked after me, and she made me feel so loved and cared about. She looked after me and gave me some of the best memories that I’ll treasure forever. I’ve never known anyone like her, someone so completely kind hearted that would do anything for anyone. Of course you all know, she adored Bruce and had a 40+ year relationship with his music. I’ll always treasure the stories she told me about his shows, her experiences and why she loves certain songs the way she does. I’ll always remember her excitement when Rosalita would play and how she excitedly squeezed my hand as Bruce walked on stage at the Asbury Park Music + Film Festival. Her last Bruce show was also my last Bruce show, my 21st Birthday seeing Bruce on Broadway. That show was always going to hold a special place in my heart, but now even more so. My best Bruce memories are with her. My best memories in general are with her. All the pancakes and bacon shared, the trips to Wegman’s and strolls along the Asbury Park boardwalk. Staying up till 3am just talking and talking and talking because we couldn’t stop. As people go, Marsha was one of the best ones. No one understands being a Bruce fan, like Marsha understood being a Bruce fan to be. She was the embodiment of a true Jersey Girl, who had an incredible life with so much love to give. I’ll love her with all my heart forever. 

I’ve only just found out myself, so I’m still in shock and completely heartbroken that I’ve lost someone so special to me. I just thought I would let you all know, so that we can honour her memory with a listen to Rosalita tonight and send prayers to her incredible and kind husband Ray. 

She’ll always be my American ‘mom’ and I’ll always be her ‘daughter’. 

9A17ED6C-5197-4213-927A-FC1A67024BFE.thumb.jpeg.bb190a728b47e97b0814abca36751b8e.jpeg

Rachel

I'm very sorry for your loss. I didn't know her, but read your story, she must be a very special woman. Wishing you, her family and others who loves her much strength! 

As a devoted fan, she truly was one of the 'Family', & she will be missed terribly - our thoughts & prayers will be with her family & friends at this tragic time.

• Like 3
  • Hug 4
1 minute ago, rachelharms said:

Hi everyone, I’ve just woken up so I haven’t had a chance to read through the thread but I’ve just been told that Jim Rotolo on E Street Radio is going to play Rosalita as a tribute for Marsha at 9am ET 

I can’t get Sirius here in the U.K., but I know many of you can so I thought I would let everyone know. Perhaps someone here could record it? I’ve let her friends know 

I just know that she’ll be dancing when it plays 

Oh Rachel, that’s wonderful. I can’t listen either, but I’ll set the alarm and sing when I think it’s on. She’ll be dancing. Finally, she’ll be dancing. ❤️❤️❤️

• Hug 4

Deepest condolences to Rachel & everyone else here that is struggling with the awful news,it has brought tears to my eyes reading this seeing how close some of you are,in what has been a terrible year we still forget at times how fragile can be,how often we think of doing something tomorrow to find that there isn't always a tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Hug 4
11 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

I'm devastated, shocked and very upset to hear that Marsha has passed away. 

My inbox is full of warm, kind and compassionate messages I received from Marsha that i will treasure, although I never met her I always considered her a dear friend of mine and always will. 

She had a heart of gold, a remarkably caring person who I will miss so very much.

Dear Rachel, I know your heart is broken please accept my deepest condolences and could you please pass my condolences on to Marsha's husband and family and give them all my love.

Rest in peace my friend XOXO 

She really was the kindest person I’ve ever crossed paths with and I know how much she cared about you Roy. I think we’re all going to miss her so much and her kindest should be an example set on this board going forward. 

Thank you so so much for your kind words, I’m really so devastated but I just hope that for the rest of my life I make her proud and she will be with me in everything that I do. I will definitely let her friends and family know of your condolences, along with everyone here who has said such wonderful things about her. As hard as it is right now, seeing everyone’s kind words and memories of Marsha really helps. She really deserves it

• Like 3
  • Hug 4
11 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Thank you Rachel 

This is just the most awful thing Rachel

They should have got to enjoy a long retirement visiting us all 

When i was about your age i had a freind who was just like you and Marsha, she was a workmate and was so good to me and a great freind 

and she died, it was sudden, she was the first person i was really close to who had died

And i thinl fondly off her every Anzac  day because that was the last day we had together

She had picked me up from home and took me to her house to have brunch with herself and her husband 

So my thoughts and prayers are with you too today

And ill still sing Marsha a happy birthday everytime i wash my hands

Ive found it hard to have the head space to write people the last couple of years (and i so regret that and send hugs and apologies to everyone)  but i thought about her every day and only yesterday saw an envelope with her handwriting on and snoopy stickers 

I had been thinking about where to source organic fruit and veg for the day she came to visit and stay in my as yet unfinished Bruce room, so one day you have to come instead now 

The really sad thing is im realising this year is we don't have forever anymore 

Our time here is finite and that is terrifying to think of losing our freinds and family 

But love does last forever 

Ill never ever conplain about Bruce playing Rosalita every show ever again

The last show i saw i was singing those words at the top of my lungs for Marsha and ill do that next time too

Ill meet you in my dreams Marsha 

Love Nicky

Marsha is the first person who I was so close to that I’ve lost too so I understand 

that was lovely to read though, and it just shows that you can have a bond with anyone, no matter what age, where they live or who they are. Me and Marsha always joked about how we were twins because we were exactly the same in every way. 

for years I’ve talked about Bruce being my inspiration to be better, but really, Marsha is my inspiration. She was everything I would want to be 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 3
9 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

Rachel you touched her life as well, and that is what it’s all about. 

Thank you, I know me and Marsha would tell each other we loved each other most days but I always tried so hard to let her know how much she really meant to me. I’m so glad that we found each other 

• Like 1
  • Hug 3
9 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I keep thinking of her school friend Patty whom she had a life long friendship  with 

The one who gave her greetings from AP 

I’ve been thinking about Patty too, I met her when I was staying with Marsha and they really were the best of friends. Hopefully I’ll be able to talk to her and see her again

• Hug 2
8 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

She was the last of the card senders, our Marsha.  I have 2 magnets on my fridge Bruuuuuuuce and a Jersey Girl. I miss her ♥️

The amount of magnets we’ve sent each other over the years would be enough to cover an entire fridge! I love that she was a card sender. Seeing her handwriting on an envelope brought me so much joy. I think to honour her memory, I’m going to try my hardest to keep up her tradition and send cards to everyone who is special to me

• Hug 4
6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I have a new year's card i always fully intend to frame for my Bruce room

I have these on my fridge from her

Im glad she got to see Bruce so many times

We shared many a virtual cool-aid (her's organic and sugar free - mine full of additives and preservative  

1616556491452674202379.jpg

I see your Bruuuuce magnet there and it made me smile. I was with Marsha when she bought you that from Asbury Park. She told me she wanted to find something for you and so she went to buy that for you, but as she was coming back to me after buying it she surprised me with the same one. That’s how wonderful she was. 

• Like 1
  • Hug 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
3 hours ago, Born To Rock said:

I'm very sorry for your loss. I didn't know her, but read your story, she must be a very special woman. Wishing you, her family and others who loves her much strength! 

Thank you, she was just amazing and my inspiration every day. Seeing how many lives she’s touched on here alone is just incredible. That’s not including all of the lives she blessed in real life too

• Hug 1
16 minutes ago, Cecilia Sweden said:

Oh Rachel, that’s wonderful. I can’t listen either, but I’ll set the alarm and sing when I think it’s on. She’ll be dancing. Finally, she’ll be dancing. ❤️❤️❤️

I was just about to email you to tell you! I have tweeted about it too so that everyone is aware. Us Europeans can play Rosie at the same time and have a dance ❤️ I know she will be smiling 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

This was an unpleasant and sad shock today. I didn't know or communicate with Marsha, I only knew her here on the lake by her board name but felt that she was a like minded, kindred spirit (of similar age and Bruce journey length) whom I either enjoyed many of her posts or she very often would "like" or respond to some of mine - and to that end (as many of us do on here) you felt like you "did" know her..........just so sad as it evidently seems her illness was not a long one (which can be looked upon as a blessing I guess, but is harder / more shocking for the loved ones left behind).

My sincere heartfelt condolences to her family and loved ones and those that knew her well and regarded her as a true, close friend - none more so than Rachel (who obviously had developed a real bond and has lost a rock!). Very sad.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 4
  • CmonMrTrouble changed the title to My American Mom - UPDATE