Greasy Lake Community

1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

I can’t get Sirius here in the U.K

I don't know if it can be done on a phone, but if you have access to a laptop or PC you should be able get it using an incognito browser.

Right click on https://player.siriusxm.com/all-channels and select 'Open link in incognito window' (or similar depending on your browser)

Wait a few seconds until a Welcome box appears and press F5  

In a few seconds a front page will appear. Select Channel 20 from the All Channels list (might need to click an icom of 3 horizontal lines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It breaks my heart to have to let you all know, that my best friend, my American Mom and dare I say it, Bruce’s number 1 fan, @rosiejaneymary sadly passed away peacefully yesterday.    Marsha w

Hi everyone  I’m sorry I haven’t been on to say much lately, I’ve really been finding it hard to deal with this and everything and I just don’t know how to cope with it at all, to be honest. I’ve

Hi everyone Just an update that the proof of the plaque is on its way, and we will hopefully see the bench before summer. Sorry to not have spoken for a little while, I’ve been a little overwhelm

Posted Images

Hi Rachel. I’m very sorry for your loss. I didn’t know Marsha at all apart from her posts here. There’s a lot of genuine grief here which shows you what type of effect Marsha had on the people that came in contact with her and the love they have for her, that’s a reflection of the type of person she was.  I hope it’s of some small comfort to you in the tough days ahead. Take care.  

• Like 4
  • Hug 4
23 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I don't know if it can be done on a phone, but if you have access to a laptop or PC you should be able get it using an incognito browser.

Right click on https://player.siriusxm.com/all-channels and select 'Open link in incognito window' (or similar depending on your browser)

In a few seconds a front page will appear. Select Channel 20 from the All Channels list (might need to click an icom of 3 horizontal lines.

Thank you, I’m going to set my laptop up soon and try it! 

22 minutes ago, dublinpaul said:

Hi Rachel. I’m very sorry for your loss. I didn’t know Marsha at all apart from her posts here. There’s a lot of genuine grief here which shows you what type of effect Marsha had on the people that came in contact with her and the love they have for her, that’s a reflection of the type of person she was.  I hope it’s of some small comfort to you in the tough days ahead. Take care.  

Thank you ❤️ Her kindness just makes her the biggest inspiration to me. It’s so incredible to see how she had such a wonderful impact in so many people’s lives, just by being her kind and caring self. She really was an angel

• Love Love Love! 3

F07687C7-6B98-4871-86A0-AF13C0FADB93.thumb.jpeg.354669c191d2be6714c8ca31cf3e15cd.jpeg

Marsha loved E Street Radio, so I’m so happy she’s getting her own song played just for her. She would always message me when there was a good show being played, and how excited she was listening to it. ❤️

My happiest memories are us driving around New Jersey listening to E Street Radio, and driving down to the Jersey Shore. It’s those little things that really mean the most. Even though I knew how special those moments were at the time, I’d give anything to be doing that with her right now. 

the necklace hanging there is a present I got for her. It’s the lyrics to Carole King’s Where You Lead which is the theme song for our favourite show; Gilmore Girls. Marsha got me into Gilmore Girls right at the beginning of our friendship and she quickly became the Lorelei to my Rory. Many GG themed presents followed. Now that song means even more than it did before 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 3
  • Hug 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
52 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I don't know if I'm just being silly but how do you right click on a Macbook? :(

7 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

I don't know if I'm just being silly but how do you right click on a Macbook? :(

I don't know a thing about Macs I'm afraid, but if you can copy that link into an incognito browser (if Macs have such a thing), then it should hopefully still work.

7 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I don't know a thing about Macs I'm afraid, but if you can copy that link into an incognito browser (if Macs have such a thing), then it should hopefully still work.

I tried a private window which google says is the same thing and I changed all my time zone/preferences to US but sadly it still won’t work, because it knows my IP address. I’m sure that someone will be able to record out there though and either way I’ll listen to Rosie at the same time

• Sad 1
25 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

control / click

• Like 1
3 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Hi everyone, I’ve just woken up so I haven’t had a chance to read through the thread but I’ve just been told that Jim Rotolo on E Street Radio is going to play Rosalita as a tribute for Marsha at 9am ET 

I can’t get Sirius here in the U.K., but I know many of you can so I thought I would let everyone know. Perhaps someone here could record it? I’ve let her friends know 

I just know that she’ll be dancing when it plays 

Not 9a Eastern here in FL it seems, its's John C. McGinley as guest DJ 

Just now, JimCT said:

Not 9a Eastern here in FL it seems, its's John C. McGinley as guest DJ 

Jim tweeted to say he’ll be starting his show a little bit later today because of the guest DJ so if I see any updates I’ll post 

Just now, rachelharms said:

Jim tweeted to say he’ll be starting his show a little bit later today because of the guest DJ so if I see any updates I’ll post 

Playing The River from Live 1975-85 at the moment

5 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Thanks! i've added him to my "follows" now, and i'll just keep the stream going here at home. Don't have a zoom call until 10a. i'm planning on just recording the dedication and Rosie on my phone, then I can upload the file.

• Like 2
  • Hug 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everybody,

i'm very sad for the news. I didn't know Marsha, but after talking with Rachel i decide to share here this compilation i made this morning after reading this thread. There are 23 version of Rosalita from 1973 to 2013 taken from my itunes (so mp3 and no official release). It wants to be a tribute to a kind person that many of you have been lucky enough to know over the years.

Take care everybody

https://mega.nz/folder/FNYHDQjC#2UD26XzMigPo2bjeYgF-Jg      rosalita (come out tonight) from 1973 to 2013 - mp3

• Hug 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1
3 minutes ago, cowboyofthesea said:

Hi everybody,

i'm very sad for the news. I didn't know Marsha, but after talking with Rachel i decide to share here this compilation i made this morning after reading this thread. There are 23 version of Rosalita from 1973 to 2013 taken from my itunes (so mp3 and no official release). It wants to be a tribute to a kind person that many of you have been lucky enough to know over the years.

Take care everybody

https://mega.nz/folder/FNYHDQjC#2UD26XzMigPo2bjeYgF-Jg      rosalita (come out tonight) from 1973 to 2013 - mp3

Thank you again for doing something so thoughtful ❤️ I know she would’ve loved that 

• Hug 1

Sad sad news at sad times, I didn't know Marsha but reading the thread she sounded a fantastic person, she will be missed in many senses and this is shown by the amazing comments in this thread, thoughts and prayers with family and friends....... xx

@rachelharms stay safe and take care. xx

• Hug 3
Just now, JimCT said:

right into Seaside Bar Song, from Tracks :) 

Oh wow. That is one of her favourite songs. She would play it for the children in her class all the time. I’m crying, I really hope she’s smiling 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Hug 3
  • CmonMrTrouble changed the title to My American Mom - UPDATE