Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It breaks my heart to have to let you all know, that my best friend, my American Mom and dare I say it, Bruce’s number 1 fan, @rosiejaneymary sadly passed away peacefully yesterday.    Marsha w

Hi everyone  I’m sorry I haven’t been on to say much lately, I’ve really been finding it hard to deal with this and everything and I just don’t know how to cope with it at all, to be honest. I’ve

Hi everyone Just an update that the proof of the plaque is on its way, and we will hopefully see the bench before summer. Sorry to not have spoken for a little while, I’ve been a little overwhelm

Posted Images

9 hours ago, rachelharms said:

I just played this and broke down. Saying goodbye is the hardest thing we can do. I think Marsha was at this show too. 

I have no idea how to deal with loss or grief but oh my god this is the worst pain I’ve ever felt. I miss her so much

I would like to tell you it gets better

But it doesn't 

I miss my dad every single day 

You just learn how to function with the pain 

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 4

To be perfectly honest i havn't been able to listen to a Bruce song all the way through since i found out

I will have to steady myself 

And i know Marsha would want me to enjoy Bruce for her too now

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1
16 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

But it doesn't 

That is so true. x

• Like 1
  • Hug 2
6 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

What strikes me today, though, is that I wish the world, or at least the internet, was full of RJMs. In a world filled with people making immediate snipes at anything - be it a real world matter, a TV show or something as trivial as a Springsteen playlist - to be simply positive and to look for the good in anything is something we can all aspire to be, and to do. I know I'll try my best.

This ..... Beautiful Paolo ....

• Like 6

I'm sorry to hear this. She seemed like a really nice person. I always appreciated how she acted like a person here and not like an internet persona. I'm not surprised she meant a lot to some folks here beyond the message board. My heart goes out to all of you who knew her personally. Dealing with such a loss is painful and I found it moving to see how supportive you all are for each other.

• Like 6
  • Hug 2
8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

But it doesn't 

I appreciate it Daisey it’s just so hard to come to terms with reality sometimes

I’m trying to be strong and be the person she would be proud of but it’s so hard to just do anything right now

• Hug 1
4 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

So so sad to hear this news, but what a fantastic and heartfelt tribute from you Rachel, everything will be just so raw just now but remind yourself how lucky you were to meet,become friends with share such a special friendship with someone else in this world and treasure those memories. A few years back, out of the blue, I got a PM from Marsha for no apparent reason other than our Bruce fandom, we messaged back and forth and shared many things Bruce and family etc, she just adored Bruce and wanted to connect with others who shared these feelings. My best wishes go out to all her family and of course to you Rachel at this saddest of times.

RIP wonderful lady.

Thank you so much, it’s so lovely reading how she has touched so many people’s lives even in the smallest of ways. I admire her want and need to build connections with people, and her ability to grow such strong bonds. She was so special and really was someone who I aspire to be like 

We’re so so blessed to have known her, she really was the personification of a beautiful soul 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Hug 1
On 3/24/2021 at 10:16 AM, whispered secret said:

I still can't get my head around the fact that I will never again hear my phone ping with one of those emoji filled messages from Marsha. 

Me too!

• Hug 3
4 hours ago, rachelharms said:

I appreciate it Daisey it’s just so hard to come to terms with reality sometimes

I’m trying to be strong and be the person she would be proud of but it’s so hard to just do anything right now

You don't have to be strong 

But remember even though a lot of us live far away, you can lean on us 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

You don't have to be strong 

But remember even though a lot of us live far away, you can lean on us 

I appreciate it so much. The same goes for you and everyone else on here. It’s a horrible and tough time right now but I’ll always leave the door open for messages/emails etc if anyone is struggling and needs to talk 

I think we all need the kind of positivity that Marsha brought and I hope that we can find our own ways to continue it 

• Hug 3

Very sorry to hear this news. On a message board like this, I'm sure many of us make judgements about people purely on the basis of comments made about Bruce. I know I have sometimes taken against somebody for this reason, and probably been completely wrong.

With RJM, there was no way you could think anything else of her, other than,she seems a lovely person. From the tributes paid by those who actually knew her, this was obviously the case.

• Like 5
  • Hug 1

I have only been part of GL community for about 6 months, wish I had found you about 10 years earlier, I am truly overwhelmed by the care and support which is forthcoming by the community, what a great place this is.... thoughts and prayers....xx

• Like 6
  • Hug 2
8 hours ago, This is The Way said:

I have only been part of GL community for about 6 months, wish I had found you about 10 years earlier, I am truly overwhelmed by the care and support which is forthcoming by the community, what a great place this is.... thoughts and prayers....xx

I understand completely. In the time I’ve been on the Lake I’ve built some of the most important friendships of my life, and I’ve never felt so supported and cared about until I came here. I just really really hope that with Marsha gone, we can reflect on ourselves in this place and remember to be kind and caring towards others like she always was. You have no idea what a difference some kindness can make ❤️

• Like 5
  • Hug 2

It’s actually Marsha’s birthday today. Usually I would stay up until midnight or wake up super early so I could send her a huge birthday message right at midnight with various Bruce pictures or Gilmore Girls pictures and remind her of how much I love and care about her. It seems weird this year not being able to do that and I’ve spent a lot of the time thinking of all of the things I would’ve said to her today if I could. I’d always hoped that I’d be able to give her a birthday as special as the ones she gave me 2 years in a row. The most delicious chocolate cake from Wegman’s, all of her favourite snacks and a Bruce show playing in the background.  She deserved it too. I still have a whole bunch of presents for her that I’ve collected over the past year, ready for when she was comfortable for me to send her mail again or when I could see her. I so wish I could’ve seen her face when opening them.  

Although I can’t celebrate her life and her birthday with her or the way I wanted to, I know that I can have my own little celebration of her life today with a listen to Bruce and maybe even a slice of cake. I’m determined to make today a day of celebration rather than sadness ❤️

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Hug 4

I saw this very sad news today and it just stopped me in my tracks when I read it. I didn't know Marsha but I have read many of her posts and she came across as a lovely lady who will be sadly missed by her family and friends. We also seemed to agree on most things Bruce and it's sad that we have lost a kindred spirit this week. RIP RMJ Marsha.

• Like 2
  • Hug 1

I’m still floored...Just can’t believe Marsha is no longer with us.... I love my Bruuuce magnets even more now if that’s possible.

• Like 1
  • Hug 2
11 hours ago, rachelharms said:

It’s actually Marsha’s birthday today. Usually I would stay up until midnight or wake up super early so I could send her a huge birthday message right at midnight with various Bruce pictures or Gilmore Girls pictures and remind her of how much I love and care about her. It seems weird this year not being able to do that and I’ve spent a lot of the time thinking of all of the things I would’ve said to her today if I could. I’d always hoped that I’d be able to give her a birthday as special as the ones she gave me 2 years in a row. The most delicious chocolate cake from Wegman’s, all of her favourite snacks and a Bruce show playing in the background.  She deserved it too. I still have a whole bunch of presents for her that I’ve collected over the past year, ready for when she was comfortable for me to send her mail again or when I could see her. I so wish I could’ve seen her face when opening them.  

Although I can’t celebrate her life and her birthday with her or the way I wanted to, I know that I can have my own little celebration of her life today with a listen to Bruce and maybe even a slice of cake. I’m determined to make today a day of celebration rather than sadness ❤️

Im really bad with birthdays

For the entire pandemic i have been washing my hands to Happy birthday Marsha 

I am sad she didn't see this one :(

Birthdays are a much nicer day to remember soneone

I purposely do not remember the date my dad and mum died 

• Like 1
  • Hug 1
  • CmonMrTrouble changed the title to My American Mom - UPDATE