Greasy Lake Community

My American Mom - UPDATE

7 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

image.png.54085840cc72a44e23e5017a25c3e5d3.png

@BrilliantDisguise or @Jimmy James one doesn't have to be Catholic to light a candle in the church do they ?

how do i know how much do i put in the donation box ?

Is there a place rhe candles usually are ?

Is it ok to light more than one candle for an extra  soul ?

My mum was a 'Methodist Catholic' and she lite candles for my grandparents 

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

@BrilliantDisguise or @Jimmy James one doesn't have to be Catholic to light a candle in the church do they ?

Daisey, I'm not Catholic either, but I love to visit churches when I am travelling and have lit candles all over the place for the people I have loved and lost.

Some churches have a set price for candles, others just ask for a donation - pay what you want. 

I have certainly lit more than one candle!

I am sure BD & JJ will confirm that anyone is welcome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Saturday morning, New York City. Stopped doing whatever I was doing.  Bruce singing with Sting. Bruce singing with Bono. Very sad to think Marsha will never hear that voice again. Sending love to her family, Rachel and her friends here. May her memory be a blessing.

• Like 5
  • Hug 3

12 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

In a cathedral type church as our parish has. The candles are located at two side chapels, one at the Virgin Mary and the other side at St. Joseph. I believe non cathedral churches have a candle lighting station by itself.

As Ann said above there isn't a set amount for donation. And yes you light has many candles as you like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was thinking of all of the wonderful messages people have written on this thread and thought it would be nice to print them off and eventually give them to Marsha’s husband when the time is right. Some of the things written have been so beautiful and so heartfelt, I feel it’d only be right for him and her family to read them as they were written. So if everyone is okay with me doing that, I will make something nice to one day give to him and her family. If anyone would like to write a message or even PM me a message to honour @rosiejaneymary’s memory, then I would love to be able to include that too 

• Like 6
  • Hug 3

3 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

I was thinking of all of the wonderful messages people have written on this thread and thought it would be nice to print them off and eventually give them to Marsha’s husband when the time is right. Some of the things written have been so beautiful and so heartfelt, I feel it’d only be right for him and her family to read them as they were written. So if everyone is okay with me doing that, I will make something nice to one day give to him and her family. If anyone would like to write a message or even PM me a message to honour @rosiejaneymary’s memory, then I would love to be able to include that too 

Awesome ....I had literally thought yesterday i should PM you and ask what you thought. He should know how much she brightened this place. Although i suspect he had a pretty good idea.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Daisey's talk of candles got me thinking about whether we could all light a candle for her at home on the same day? 

That sounds nice.

Lovely to see you earlier and Rachel, Lorraine, Jane and Louise.x

• Like 2
  • Hug 1

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

Daisey's talk of candles got me thinking about whether we could all light a candle for her at home on the same day? 

I think that’s such a lovely idea. Maybe Monday? 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

That's a wonderdul idea Rachel and when the time is rigjt i think you could get a lot yourself, out of doing that 

And it will be Bruce themed too...?

Like those flash scarp books people make and you could  have the words to her fav songs (probably not kitty)

1 hour ago, Early North Jersey said:

Awesome ....I had literally thought yesterday i should PM you and ask what you thought. He should know how much she brightened this place. Although i suspect he had a pretty good idea.

I will definitely make sure he’s aware and all of her family too. I know he knows how much she made a difference here, but I really would like him to have something physical as a reminder. 

Marsha even renamed their downstairs where I would stay the ‘Laker Suite’! 

• Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

That's a lovelly idea Ann 

Will it be like  STV and we all do it the same time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmw said:

That sounds nice.

Lovely to see you earlier and Rachel, Lorraine, Jane and Louise.x

Its like seeing your relatives at a funeral

Wonderful to see them but its still so sad 

• Hug 1

Just now, Daisey Jeep said:

That's a wonderdul idea Rachel and when the time is rigjt i think you could get a lot yourself, out of doing that 

And it will be Bruce themed too...?

Like those flash scarp books people make and you could  have the words to her fav songs (probably not kitty)

Well, a couple of years ago for Christmas I got given a scrapbook made out of a Greetings From Asbury Park record. I left it blank because I wanted to save it for something special enough to fill it. I’m glad that I waited because I think that it would be perfect to save the memories of her and to put these kinds of wonderful messages in. It can be a book that honours her memory and everything she loved 

I’ll definitely try and make it as special as I can

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2CD59629-F1D0-43BE-96A7-83186B397123.thumb.jpeg.7b06cf5ed5a8e3a61c4cbc7572c78baf.jpeg

One of my friends who came with me to NY/NJ back in 2018, and met Marsha gave me this today. It’s like a beach pebble, and she had it personalised for me. It’s so beautiful I wanted to share it here

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

In a cathedral type church as our parish has. The candles are located at two side chapels, one at the Virgin Mary and the other side at St. Joseph. I believe non cathedral churches have a candle lighting station by itself.

As Ann said above there isn't a set amount for donation. And yes you light has many candles as you like.

Thank you Jimmy

We have a big modern church in town and a smaller mid century looking one in Wanganui east - both about equal distsnce on the hoof

In Dunedin we have  big cathedrals 

I don't suppose it matters to God how grand his house is - but i like stained glass windows and all the trimmings

We are just getting up here

The time of day i think all this was a just a bad dream and Marsha and Ray are both home together safe in each other's  company

4 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

2CD59629-F1D0-43BE-96A7-83186B397123.thumb.jpeg.7b06cf5ed5a8e3a61c4cbc7572c78baf.jpeg

One of my friends who came with me to NY/NJ back in 2018, and met Marsha gave me this today. It’s like a beach pebble, and she had it personalised for me. It’s so beautiful I wanted to share it here

That is lovelly Rachel

Im sending this out into the ether for Marsha

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuce ! 

• Hug 1

I find it really weird calling her Marsha on greasy lake and not Rosie 

I had to always be careful to call her the name appropriate to the medium

7 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I find it really weird calling her Marsha on greasy lake and not Rosie 

I had to always be careful to call her the name appropriate to the medium

You can call her Rosie!! Don’t feel like you have to say Marsha on this thread 

• Hug 1

Its 7pm Monday night

I don't have many candles but i choose this one because its special, a dear workmate gave it to me when dear  Tinky was still with us 

Its sitting on a BTR coaster Marsha gave me 

I usually have a motley collection of flowers to wish Jackie a good day and now also for Tibby and now for Marsha 

That's a tea cup ive never used before

Its a souvenir for the Dunedin exhibition  of the NZ and the South seas 1925

The rose in the tea cup is Mary Rose for Marsha

20210329_185134.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Hug 4

Thank you for your wonderful friendship Marsha 

The road is long and seeming without end
The days go on, I remember you my friend
And though you're gone
And my heart's been emptied it seems
I'll see you in my dreams

• Like 2
  • Hug 3

That is so beautiful Daisey ❤️ I will do the same at 7pm tonight.. I also have the same coaster! 

I have to say I find it so strange that before, I never really had a personal connection with I’ll See You In My Dreams, I only loved the song based off of the connections that were told to me. Now I have my own personal connection to it and it just sinks in so deeply. I have a feeling it’s going to be the song I’ll associate with this time forever 

• Like 3
  • Hug 4

• CmonMrTrouble changed the title to My American Mom - UPDATE