Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It breaks my heart to have to let you all know, that my best friend, my American Mom and dare I say it, Bruce’s number 1 fan, @rosiejaneymary sadly passed away peacefully yesterday.    Marsha w

It would be wrong of me to stop by this place and not acknowledge this thread. Here's something I wrote elsewhere.  I had no idea RJM was unwell and I can only hope she's at peace now. For h

Here's the dedication, and Rosie, and Seaside Bar Song. I just let the recording run until my zoom call, so there's more after that.  When I click on it to "open in a new tab" (or window) it

Posted Images

My big regret was not making the time to meet Marsha when we were in AP. I promised myself that next time...

She was one of the best people, even though I only knew her as a 'pen pal' I enjoyed our correspondence so much. 

RIP Jersey Girl

• Hug 4
  • Sad 3

Eternity behind her - and now in front of her. Memories for us.

And Bruce's words at the end of the river album shows: " trying to do something good".

I'm sure, she did. RIP.

• Like 1
  • Hug 3
  • Sad 1

My God... Terrible, terrible news. I did not know her well, just by reading her posts here but her presence was always noticed and I always enjoyed reading what she had to say. My condolences to all her loved ones.

• Like 2
  • Hug 3
  • Sad 2

That’s a wonderful picture Rachel. She looks so happy. 
I just can’t believe that she’s gone. It’s not fair. She leaves an enormous hole in the hearts of everyone who loved her. And she was loved by so many. Family and friends, former students that she treated like her own children, everyone here. She was the most generous and kind person and a wonderful friend. There is no one like her. 
Thank you for posting, Rachel. And thank you Greasy Lake for bringing us together.

• Love Love Love! 2
  • Hug 6
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, whispered secret said:

My big regret was not making the time to meet Marsha when we were in AP. I promised myself that next time...

She was one of the best people, even though I only knew her as a 'pen pal' I enjoyed our correspondence so much. 

RIP Jersey Girl

She really was the best Jersey Girl and best person there ever was. She was a true angel 

• Love Love Love! 2
  • Hug 5

Thanks for sharing the sad news, Rachel. I recall reading how much your travels to the US and exploration of Asbury, etc. meant to you.

I only "knew" her thru the internet. Due to geography we shared a lot of shows in common, and thus show experiences in common. Although I'm sure she got to way more of the cool shows than I did!

And her love of all things Peanuts. It will be a while before I stop tearing up at a picture of Snoopy, I fear.

Yes, a true Jersey Girl. RIP.

• Like 1
  • Hug 3
  • Sad 3

My God...All of our fixtures are leaving us. I am so sorry to hear this. These passings all seem like it's someone in the family. Sadness weighs heavy. Please rest in peace RJM.

• Like 1
  • Hug 4
  • Sad 4

So very sad and shocked to read this. That was a beautiful tribute, Rachel. Thinking of Marsha, her family and many friends.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 3
  • Sad 1

Totally stunned to read your text this afternoon, lovely post and photo of the two of you together, I like many never met her, but she showed me great kindness a few years back when I was going through a rough time.

I was in tears in the office earlier, try explaining this crazy family to others.

I remember the first ladies that lunch meal, she joined us via phone, not sure we really could hear her, but so lovely that she was part of our day.

RIP Marsha and I played Rosie really loud on the journey home. x

• Hug 4
  • Sad 3

I'm very sad to hear this terrible news.  I never met Marsha in person, but I certainly feel as though I met her here on this board, PMing back and forth. She struck me as kind, generous and smart.  I will miss her.

• Like 3
  • Hug 3
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, JimCT said:

Thanks for sharing the sad news, Rachel. I recall reading how much your travels to the US and exploration of Asbury, etc. meant to you.

I only "knew" her thru the internet. Due to geography we shared a lot of shows in common, and thus show experiences in common. Although I'm sure she got to way more of the cool shows than I did!

And her love of all things Peanuts. It will be a while before I stop tearing up at a picture of Snoopy, I fear.

Yes, a true Jersey Girl. RIP.

My trips were made incredible mostly because of her. The first two trips, I wasn’t able to see her but she gave me all the advice I could’ve needed to make me feel confident and she was just as excited as I was. It was so wonderful having someone who truly ‘gets’ it. Then every time since I got to see her, and they’ll be memories I treasure forever. She was just incredible. I don’t have enough words to do her justice. 

yes she loved peanuts! She would always put Snoopy stickers on my Christmas cards which made me smile 

• Like 1
  • Hug 3