Greasy Lake Community

8 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Glad to pitch in. I doubt if i see the memorial bench by the time I visit in three weeks. 

Rachel, you are a amazing friend not to just Marsha but us all. Have a great weekend. 

You know last night at Church (Holy Thursday) Pastor said to seek out other causes. I don't believe this is what he meant. But I believe Marsha would agree to another bench to sit while taking in Ashbury Park! 

Looking forward to lots of photos Jimmy 

• Like 2
  • Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It breaks my heart to have to let you all know, that my best friend, my American Mom and dare I say it, Bruce’s number 1 fan, @rosiejaneymary sadly passed away peacefully yesterday.    Marsha w

Hi everyone Just an update that the proof of the plaque is on its way, and we will hopefully see the bench before summer. Sorry to not have spoken for a little while, I’ve been a little overwhelm

Here's the dedication, and Rosie, and Seaside Bar Song. I just let the recording run until my zoom call, so there's more after that.  When I click on it to "open in a new tab" (or window) it

Posted Images

9 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Ah ok, I didn’t realise it gives you the option to be anonymous? Maybe I should leave it so people have the option to tick anonymous? Or should I make everyone anonymous? 

If you still have trouble later, I can give you the link to my PayPal and transfer it into the fund myself if you would like. Just let me know 

This is,such a lovelly thing to do for you to shear with us

My contribution is Probably a week away 

Please wait for me

12 hours ago, Horley2 said:

Thanks, Daisey. I know. I have been away from GL for too long. No specific reason or not done intentionally. It is likely due to the fact that I spend all morning and afternoon on the computer, especially now, that when I arrive home from school I try to avoid the computer. I am a teacher in NJ. We have been teaching to remote students, in some fashion, since last March. Before March 2020, I still spent too much time on the computer in school.

You brought a smile to my face noting that Marsha spoke of me.

Completly understand 

Im glad your safe at home

But know that you were missed 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Glad to pitch in. I doubt if i see the memorial bench by the time I visit in three weeks. 

Rachel, you are a amazing friend not to just Marsha but us all. Have a great weekend. 

You know last night at Church (Holy Thursday) Pastor said to seek out other causes. I don't believe this is what he meant. But I believe Marsha would agree to another bench to sit while taking in Ashbury Park! 

That’s maybe one of the nicest things that has ever been said to me, so thank you so much for making my day. It’s so nice to have this place still after all these years. I feel like I have kind of grown up a little bit on here! I hope you have a great weekend too. Thank you so much for contributing. 

I’m excited for the first picture of Marsha’s bench to be taken! I wonder if they will tell me when it will be ready. It would be nice if we could have an idea so we can go and visit

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
10 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

This is,such a lovelly thing to do for you to shear with us

My contribution is Probably a week away 

Please wait for me

Don’t worry Daisey!! I will leave it open to contributions and like I said already if it goes over the amount needed I will talk to Ray and ask which charity he would like money to be donated to in Marsha’s name

• Like 1
  • Hug 2
2 hours ago, Rizla said:

This is a lovely idea, and it is nice to think that Bruce might sit on the bench one day :)

I honestly hadn’t thought of that but now you’ve said it, the thought has made me almost cry. Wouldn’t that be special? 

• Like 1
  • Hug 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

We are at 48% of our target and I haven’t even added on my money and my mums money yet!! That is so so incredible. Thank you so much to everyone who has contributed already and I’ll make sure to let Ray know of your kindness and generosity. This is just incredible and it’s so wonderful to see everyone coming together to do something so special for Marsha. She really really deserves it. 

I will keep posting updates in the next couple of weeks ❤️

• Like 1
  • Hug 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
16 hours ago, MadamMarie said:

Contribution made. Rachel, you are sweetest and we’ll stand by you always! ❤️❤️

YOU are the sweetest! ❤️ Thank you so much ❤️

• Hug 1

Small contribution made ....In Pounds apparently ....I was a little confused. I know You and Ray will make the right call .....But i am horrified to learn of the disease she had ( almost wish i didn't know:() and of course research to fight it is the first thing i thought of. I wonder how long she knew and was still so upbeat and positive here .....

• Like 1
  • Hug 2
5 hours ago, jmw said:

Hopefully it worked.x

A little humour amongst the tears never hurt anyone 

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

A little humour amongst the tears never hurt anyone 

Normally hopeless with PayPal, I had to reset my password.:)

• Hug 1
1 hour ago, jmw said:

Normally hopeless with PayPal, I had to reset my password.:)

I have to do that every time i use it too 

1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Done, whilst listening to Marsha`s Rosie dedication (Thanks to Jim)....

Such a fitting tribute to a fine lady, Marsha would be so proud of you Rachel.

That’s so so kind of you thank you so much.. I really hope so. I’m going to spend the rest of my life trying to make her proud 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 2

I’m just sat here having a little cry over everything and how kind and generous everyone has been I honestly don’t know what I would’ve done if it wasn’t for all of you on and off the lake 

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 6

I found out about this after I had heard that Marsha was really committed to St. Jude's and I made a contribution there.

So I had to add just a bit here because one day, I hope to sit on this bench. It's a perfect choice to honor our friend.

• Like 3
  • Hug 5

My contribution is coming but with walking over an hour each way to work in the (warm) rain every day the last week  i havn't even had a chance to get back to the bakehouse to give the owner my signed contract and more importantly my bank acc #, IRD # and kiwi saver details 

Ive spent a lot of that walk crying for Marsha (and also dear Tibby) :( 

• Hug 2
On 3/25/2021 at 3:30 AM, JimCT said:

Here's the dedication, and Rosie, and Seaside Bar Song.

I just let the recording run until my zoom call, so there's more after that. ;)

When I click on it to "open in a new tab" (or window) it saves it to my download folder - may have to do that and then play it from there.

2021-03-24 E St. Radio dedication.m4a 7.89 MB · 62 downloads

thank you Jim for the link

ive gone back and saved it on my laptop for when i can listen to it

it took me two years to get the film in my camera developed after my dad died, so it'll be a while before i can bear to listen to it

I just saw this. I can't believe it, although I never met her she seemed SUCH a nice person. We shared some PMs over the years. Condolences to all. 

• Like 2
  • Hug 2