Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It breaks my heart to have to let you all know, that my best friend, my American Mom and dare I say it, Bruce’s number 1 fan, @rosiejaneymary sadly passed away peacefully yesterday.    Marsha w

Hi everyone Just an update that the proof of the plaque is on its way, and we will hopefully see the bench before summer. Sorry to not have spoken for a little while, I’ve been a little overwhelm

It would be wrong of me to stop by this place and not acknowledge this thread. Here's something I wrote elsewhere.  I had no idea RJM was unwell and I can only hope she's at peace now. For h

Posted Images

19 hours ago, jmw said:

That is wonderful Rachel, I am sure Marsha is smiling down on you. x

I think that she will be smiling down on all of us, it really will be so special knowing that so many of us contributed ❤️

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just emailed the Asbury Park Chamber of Commerce again, so I’ll update once they’ve responded :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rachelharms said:

I just emailed the Asbury Park Chamber of Commerce again, so I’ll update once they’ve responded :) 

Thank you for all you're doing, Rachel. Yes, it's played a lot on Radio 2 at the moment with it being his 'new' release. I think of Marsha every time.

  • Like 1
  • Hug 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

I think that she will be smiling down on all of us, it really will be so special knowing that so many of us contributed ❤️

I still can't believe it.x

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eileen said:

Thank you for all you're doing, Rachel. Yes, it's played a lot on Radio 2 at the moment with it being his 'new' release. I think of Marsha every time.

It really feels like the least I can do for someone so special. I wish that I could do more. There’s so much more I’d love to do, if I had the resources/Covid wasn’t a thing 

Well, it was played on my town’s local radio yesterday and it’s very rare I hear any bruce or current music on there, so it always feels a little bit more special when I do hear it. One of the few times Bruce has been played on there was as I pulled up to my driveway after visiting New Jersey for the very first time. 
 

It’s definitely going to be a song that will stick with me forever

  • Hug 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jmw said:

I still can't believe it.x

Me neither.. some days it hits, some days I just feel like it can’t possibly be x

  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re now at around $450 to donate to St.Jude’s oh my god!! I can’t wait to let Ray know! Thank you so much!!

  • Like 4
  • Hug 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

We’re now at around $450 to donate to St.Jude’s oh my god!! I can’t wait to let Ray know! Thank you so much!!

Rachel, What is St Jude' s ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jmw said:

Rachel, What is St Jude' s ?

I believe it’s St. Jude’s the Children’s Hospital: https://www.stjude.org

But I need to clarify with Ray that it’s this one. @Skin2Skin will be able to confirm it, as I know she made a donation there!

 

There is an option on the site to make a dedicated donation:

F5DDD5EF-08D2-48E3-B31B-A80AAF903CD8.thumb.jpeg.4b6ab928fdc41be80a07381d5dbbb6bb.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jmw said:

Rachel, What is St Jude' s ?

https://www.stjude.org/about-st-jude.html
 

Our mission statement

The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay.

 

  • Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JimCT said:

https://www.stjude.org/about-st-jude.html
 

Our mission statement

The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay.

 

I remember now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rachelharms said:

We’re now at around $450 to donate to St.Jude’s oh my god!! I can’t wait to let Ray know! Thank you so much!!

Please wait for me

I know my contribution will be small but at the best of times i have FOMO around here 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the sort of thing i would email off to Marsha :lol:

:(

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/us-woman-baffled-by-aussie-laundry-method-and-kiwis-do-it-too/FY2EYC3GZ7GZC4A732PACJTSIM/

We used to often discuss the NJ tumble drier Vs the NZ current bun

I baddly wanted her to come visit just to enjoy the smell of fresh sheets off the line 

  • Hug 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Please wait for me

I know my contribution will be small but at the best of times i have FOMO around here 

Of course we will wait for you! I’ve not put an end date on the contribution page so that people can continue to contribute despite reaching the goal. You’re going to be part of it just as much as everyone else, no matter what you contribute ❤️ Marsha was our friend and this memorial bench in her memory will be for all of us to remember her ❤️

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Of course we will wait for you! I’ve not put an end date on the contribution page so that people can continue to contribute despite reaching the goal. You’re going to be part of it just as much as everyone else, no matter what you contribute ❤️ Marsha was our friend and this memorial bench in her memory will be for all of us to remember her ❤️

Thank you Rachell

Its an extension  of 'Bruce' thing for me - fear of missing out 

I just feel so sad

I had got bad at writting but i thought about her every day 

Its just so unfair for her and Ray and her family and freinds 

When i was a little girl only really old people died and they died happily in their beds in the middle of the night 

  • Hug 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff Rachel, you are doing a fine job on Marsha`s and our behalf, I look forward to the day when we all see you pictured relaxing and reflecting on Marsha`s bench.

  • Like 8
  • Hug 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 4:08 PM, rachelharms said:

Update: 

The AP COC have replied and they’ve said that I can PayPal them the money which is great news as it will go directly from the memorial plaque fund!! I was a bit worried about sending a check all the way from England, more so now that it wasn’t just my money. So I emailed and asked if I could send it another way and they’ve given me their PayPal address. They also said that you can choose where on the boardwalk you would like it to be placed, so I have just emailed Ray to let him know. Also, once me/Ray have confirmed the proof of the plaque, it will take around 8-10 weeks but potentially even sooner depending on the manufacturer’s workload. 
 

So the bench should be ready maybe just after Memorial Day? 
 

 

Thank you Rachel!  I’ll make sure to get to AP after Memorial Day and take photos for all. 

  • Like 6
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rachel ... i am sorry I’m so late to this (have not been by this site for awhile).

I only knew Marsha through this board, but the little i did know i was she was one of the most friendly and supportive people I’ve ever ‘known’ online.  I was in AP for a brief visit about half a day and she gave me loads of tips on where to go and eat/see while i was there.  

Thanks for setting up the PayPal thing and I’m glad i saw this in time to donate before it closes.

Hopefully once COVID is better i will be able to visit AP again and hopefully see her bench.

My thoughts and prayers for Marsha’s family (including her English one!)

  • Like 2
  • Hug 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Rachel, I just tripped across this thread tonight - had not been to the Lake in ages.  I read all of it, cried several times, and I’m so, so sorry.   Your ideas to gather all these messages for Ray so he sees how much everyone loved Marsha, and to get a bench on the boardwalk in her memory - just perfect.  
Again, my deepest condolences to you, and hope that her memory surrounds you with love.  

  • Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kburke said:

Dear Rachel, I just tripped across this thread tonight - had not been to the Lake in ages.  I read all of it, cried several times, and I’m so, so sorry.   Your ideas to gather all these messages for Ray so he sees how much everyone loved Marsha, and to get a bench on the boardwalk in her memory - just perfect.  
Again, my deepest condolences to you, and hope that her memory surrounds you with love.  

BTW: Happy Birthday Karen!!!!!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...