Greasy Lake Community

1 hour ago, jmw said:

Totally stunned to read your text this afternoon, lovely post and photo of the two of you together, I like many never met her, but she showed me great kindness a few years back when I was going through a rough time.

I was in tears in the office earlier, try explaining this crazy family to others.

I remember the first ladies that lunch meal, she joined us via phone, not sure we really could hear her, but so lovely that she was part of our day.

RIP Marsha and I played Rosie really loud on the journey home. x

Yes I got her and @MadamMarieto FaceTime us so we could all be together. You never realise how truly special a moment is until you lose someone. 

I hope that every time we all hear Rosie from now on we think of Marsha, and everything she was. She’s the brightest star in the sky now x

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 3
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It breaks my heart to have to let you all know, that my best friend, my American Mom and dare I say it, Bruce’s number 1 fan, @rosiejaneymary sadly passed away peacefully yesterday.    Marsha w

Hi everyone Just an update that the proof of the plaque is on its way, and we will hopefully see the bench before summer. Sorry to not have spoken for a little while, I’ve been a little overwhelm

It would be wrong of me to stop by this place and not acknowledge this thread. Here's something I wrote elsewhere.  I had no idea RJM was unwell and I can only hope she's at peace now. For h

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I am saddened and shocked and still don't know what to say.  I just emailed with Marsha a few days ago and I find this shocking even though I knew what she had been dealing with.  She was such a good friend to me and I will never forget her.

Rachel I know how close you were to her.  I am sorry that you lost such an important person in your life. 

I feel so bad for Ray.  They had a wonderful marriage. 

Marsha, my fellow Jersey girl on the board, I will miss you so much.  We had so many wonderful conversations and there were many times I was able to lean on you.  Thank you for being such a good friend to me.  I'll remember you always.  Rest in peace now Marsha.

I’m still in shock too, I’m not sure when the shock will wear off but the sadness is coming in huge, huge waves. I’m so grateful to have known her and shared the memories together that we did. I know how much she truly cared for you too, she would always tell me how she was thinking of you and hoping you were ok. 

My heart is broken for Ray, I know how much they loved each other and I can never put into words how lucky I am to have known them and to have been cared for the way they cared for me. It’s so unfair. 

Marsha really was the most incredible person and I know that if I never found Bruce I never would of found her. I’m going to miss her forever 

• Like 1
  • Hug 7

I don't have any words 

@rachelharms im so sorry

i have been a bad freind and havn't keep up with people this last couple of years

I feel so bad for Ray and also her brother and mom

May she be at peace with her beloved daddy 

• Hug 4
1 hour ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

She was in my thoughts and prayers every single day.  I told her that all the time because I wanted her to know that even if time went by between our talks that she was always in my thoughts.  I knew what she was dealing with was very bad but I thought we had more time with her.  I'm so so sad right now.  I don't even know what to think or say.  I thought we had more time.

I thought we had more time too. I never would’ve expected this. We were talking just a few weeks ago about seeing a Giants game together one day. There’s not really an adequate amount of kind words to describe Marsha. But I love her with all my heart. 

• Like 1
  • Hug 4
31 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I don't have any words 

@rachelharms im so sorry

i have been a bad freind and havn't keep up with people this last couple of years

I feel so bad for Ray and also her brother and mom

May she be at peace with her beloved daddy 

Daisey, I know how much she loved you and she would tell me about how you would message with her all the time. Just know she truly cared about you and I know that you not keeping up with people was never a problem so please don’t worry. She always would’ve been there for you no matter what. 

We can all continue to pray for Ray and her family, including her lovely mom who Marsha would say calls me her ‘British granddaughter’. I hope I get to meet her someday. 

• Like 2
  • Hug 5
11 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

I am beyond sad. She was maybe the single most positive person i had the pleasure of running into on this board in my 13 1/2 years. And based on Rachel's stories that was not a put on. That was her. And that was the woman i had the pleasure of spending way too little time with after the 1-27-2016 River show that we both attended. I had always hoped we would meet again.

There was a discussion going on last week about the possibility of recordings  of the River tour from Northern New England in 1980,  but since the furthest north it went was Boston there was speculation that maybe they meant Upstate NY. Which would have meant Marsha's first show ....or mine.

I knew she hadn't been posting lately and thought certainly THIS would draw her in. I figured some good natured ribbing would ensue. As much as i would love to get my first show...i would have been so thrilled for her. One of my River sisters who could forever hold it over my head that she saw Bruce two days before me.

When she didn't post on that topic i was concerned and sent her a PM last Thursday.

A PM that got the most horrible response imaginable today.

My deepest Sympathy to her Husband.

I want to cry.

I know we haven’t talked much, but Marsha loved you a lot and considered you a great friend. She told me the story a few times of you two meeting and how she’d hoped to see you at another show in the future. 

I really hope that the Rochester show will be released. Every year she would remind me of her ‘Bruceaversary’. Hopefully one day we’ll get to hear it and get to honour her memory with a listen. 

She really was the sweetest soul. I miss her so so much

• Hug 4
1 minute ago, rachelharms said:

I know we haven’t talked much, but Marsha loved you a lot and considered you a great friend. She told me the story a few times of you two meeting and how she’d hoped to see you at another show in the future. 

I really hope that the Rochester show will be released. Every year she would remind me of her ‘Bruceaversary’. Hopefully one day we’ll get to hear it and get to honour her memory with a listen. 

She really was the sweetest soul. I miss her so so much

You had the most amazing Bruce Tour guide ..... a truly awesome Jersey Girl taken WAY too soon.

• Hug 4

I'm so very sorry to hear this news. Another legendary and extremely kind member whose screen name we will never see again on a new post. My sincere condolences to her friends and family.

• Like 1
  • Hug 4
  • Sad 3

Really shocked and sad to hear this unexpected news.  I only met Marsha once, and that briefly, at the Cardiff show in 2013, but of course knew her well on the pages here.  I remember speaking to her at the first Ladies Lunch too!  Never dreamed there would never be another chance.

All I can say to be as positive as she always was is that I am glad her illness wasn't prolonged.  A few days ago I lost another friend who I had seen decline over many years from a similar horribly cruel disease.  I don't want to say any more, but believe me, it's better to go early with peace and dignity.

Goodbye, Marsha, I'm glad you had a happy life although too short.

• Like 2
  • Hug 6
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

Daisey, I know how much she loved you and she would tell me about how you would message with her all the time. Just know she truly cared about you and I know that you not keeping up with people was never a problem so please don’t worry. She always would’ve been there for you no matter what. 

We can all continue to pray for Ray and her family, including her lovely mom who Marsha would say calls me her ‘British granddaughter’. I hope I get to meet her someday. 

Thank you Rachel 

This is just the most awful thing Rachel

They should have got to enjoy a long retirement visiting us all 

When i was about your age i had a freind who was just like you and Marsha, she was a workmate and was so good to me and a great freind 

and she died, it was sudden, she was the first person i was really close to who had died

And i thinl fondly off her every Anzac  day because that was the last day we had together

She had picked me up from home and took me to her house to have brunch with herself and her husband 

So my thoughts and prayers are with you too today

And ill still sing Marsha a happy birthday everytime i wash my hands

Ive found it hard to have the head space to write people the last couple of years (and i so regret that and send hugs and apologies to everyone)  but i thought about her every day and only yesterday saw an envelope with her handwriting on and snoopy stickers 

I had been thinking about where to source organic fruit and veg for the day she came to visit and stay in my as yet unfinished Bruce room, so one day you have to come instead now 

The really sad thing is im realising this year is we don't have forever anymore 

Our time here is finite and that is terrifying to think of losing our freinds and family 

But love does last forever 

Ill never ever conplain about Bruce playing Rosalita every show ever again

The last show i saw i was singing those words at the top of my lungs for Marsha and ill do that next time too

Ill meet you in my dreams Marsha 

Love Nicky

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Hug 3
  • Sad 1

Can someone please post a u tube of Rosalita- one from a NJ show

I can't enbed videos 

@rachelharms or maybe @Cecilia Sweden

Do either of you remember the name of her childhood pet cat

I just for the life of me cannot

I have this strong beleave that as all cats are Catholic* they wait for us in heaven 

My mother is right now surrounded by  cats despite not being at all keen on them durring her life time

*St John Paul the great said that animals have souls

3 hours ago, rachelharms said:

I’m so sorry, I’ve hated being the one to deliver the news. It’s so completely devastating and I know with everything else going on in the world it’s just a lot. 

I knew how much Marsha cared about so many of you, a lot of you would be mentioned in our late night talks til 3am and she would often mention stories about meeting (or almost meeting) so many of you too. 

As hard as it is, and as heartbroken as I am, I’m so thankful to have you all to share your memories and love for Marsha because she truly deserves it. I know that her memory will live on not just in me, but in all of the lives she touched here. 

Rachel you touched her life as well, and that is what it’s all about. 

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 2

I didn't know Marsha (I only knew her as rosiejaneymarie until today), but when we talked here she seemed like a very kind and warm person. When my mom died half a year ago, she wrote some very kind words, so when I saw that she had passed away I immediately thought of that. 

I also remember that she told me some things about her youth in New Jersey; when she first saw Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. in the window of a record store (which she got as a birthday present on her 14th birthday), and how she loved Jersey Girl ever since she first her it when Bruce played it at the opening night of Brendan Byrne Arena in 1981. So even if I never really knew her, I've been thinking of her this night, and revisited those posts. 

My condolences to her family and those of you that knew her. 

• Like 4
  • Hug 3
  • Sad 1

I keep thinking of her school friend Patty whom she had a life long friendship  with 

The one who gave her greetings from AP 

• Hug 2