Greasy Lake Community

2 hours ago, dublinpaul said:

Hi Rachel. I’m very sorry for your loss. I didn’t know Marsha at all apart from her posts here. There’s a lot of genuine grief here which shows you what type of effect Marsha had on the people that came in contact with her and the love they have for her, that’s a reflection of the type of person she was.  I hope it’s of some small comfort to you in the tough days ahead. Take care.  

Rachel and GL -- I am so sorry for your huge loss.

And Dublinpaul -- Ditto. Thank you - you expressed my own thoughts perfectly.

• Like 3
  • Hug 1
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It breaks my heart to have to let you all know, that my best friend, my American Mom and dare I say it, Bruce’s number 1 fan, @rosiejaneymary sadly passed away peacefully yesterday.    Marsha w

Hi everyone Just an update that the proof of the plaque is on its way, and we will hopefully see the bench before summer. Sorry to not have spoken for a little while, I’ve been a little overwhelm

It would be wrong of me to stop by this place and not acknowledge this thread. Here's something I wrote elsewhere.  I had no idea RJM was unwell and I can only hope she's at peace now. For h

Posted Images

Oh Rachel, I so wish I could help. If you can get a VPN (I use Windscribe), there are free ones you can use in your chrome browser, that let your PC think you are in the USA. I'm listening to the show now from Scotland without signing up. I'm not sure I'm on the right show but hope so.

I'm no IT expert, perhaps someone on here can help. If I can record it on my phone I will and get it to you somehow.  Even if I can send what he says before Rosie, I'll try. 

Hope you are ok..

• Like 1
  • Hug 1
1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

I tried a private window which google says is the same thing and I changed all my time zone/preferences to US but sadly it still won’t work, because it knows my IP address. I’m sure that someone will be able to record out there though and either way I’ll listen to Rosie at the same time

I couldn't do it on a Mac either. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! 

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm smiling at this comment, as Marsha only had like 4 tunes from Bruce that "weren't" her favorite. I believe she would say this tune would be in her Top 10, along with about 75 other songs.  

I know we would joke about that all the time! She would always say how her favourite song changes every day. There was nothing better than her excitement every time a Bruce song played 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Elbow said:

Oh Rachel, I so wish I could help. If you can get a VPN (I use Windscribe), there are free ones you can use in your chrome browser, that let your PC think you are in the USA. I'm listening to the show now from Scotland without signing up. I'm not sure I'm on the right show but hope so.

I'm no IT expert, perhaps someone on here can help. If I can record it on my phone I will and get it to you somehow.  Even if I can send what he says before Rosie, I'll try. 

Hope you are ok..

I think someone has recorded it for us! So don’t worry. Thank you so much though ❤️

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

I think someone has recorded it for us! So don’t worry. Thank you so much though ❤️

That's good. I've been listening to the guy from Scrubs for the last hour. Good tunes though..

• Hug 1
21 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Here's the dedication, and Rosie, and Seaside Bar Song.

I just let the recording run until my zoom call, so there's more after that. ;)

When I click on it to "open in a new tab" (or window) it saves it to my download folder - may have to do that and then play it from there.

2021-03-24 E St. Radio dedication.m4a 7.89 MB · 5 downloads

Thank you so so much! I’ve just saved it and downloaded it to my drop box so I can share it with her friends and family. I appreciate you taking the time to record it so much. It really made me cry, I’m so happy that those songs were played for her

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 7
2 hours ago, rachelharms said:

Oh wow. That is one of her favourite songs. She would play it for the children in her class all the time. I’m crying, I really hope she’s smiling 

Not two weeks ago, Marsha shared some of her videos with me of her class in 2013 exercising and dancing to Seaside Bar Song and, of course, Rosie.  The kids were having a ball and she was laughing in the background -  priceless.

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 2
18 minutes ago, MadamMarie said:

Not two weeks ago, Marsha shared some of her videos with me of her class in 2013 exercising and dancing to Seaside Bar Song and, of course, Rosie.  The kids were having a ball and she was laughing in the background -  priceless.

I saw some of those videos too -  I think she must have been a wonderful teacher. 

• Like 1
  • Hug 4
50 minutes ago, MadamMarie said:

She showed me those videos a few times when I stayed with her. I wish that I had them saved so I could watch them now. It was just the epitome of joy 

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 2
37 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

This is all so heartbreaking.

It really is. It still doesn’t feel real. I feel like I’m living a horrible nightmare 

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 4
  • Sad 2
4 hours ago, JimCT said:

right into Seaside Bar Song, from Tracks :) 

Oh she loved that 

One year the little 2nd graders that she taught all sung that

I have it saved somewhere ?

• Like 1
  • Hug 1
1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

It really is. It still doesn’t feel real. I feel like I’m living a horrible nightmare 

I woke up today and its cold and dewy and a bit foggy

Like somewhere a bright light has gone out

I was hoping yesterday was just a really bad dream

That's lovelly what the radio did for her

• Hug 3
5 hours ago, JimCT said:

album version of Rosie - remaster, though ;) 

That remastered WIESS album is a work of art

Its a perfect tribute

But as you said she had so many favourites  - just not kitty or the 78 intro

She got so cranky on the last leg of the 2016 river tour because i kept wanting a long kitty and Bruce kept playing them for her :lol:

• Like 1
  • Hug 1
1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Oh she loved that 

One year the little 2nd graders that she taught all sung that

I have it saved somewhere ?

If you ever find it please send it to me ❤️ I know she sent it to me once but when I look through our old emails it no longer comes up 

2 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

If you ever find it please send it to me ❤️ I know she sent it to me once but when I look through our old emails it no longer comes up 

I will i promise

Its on my phone somewhere but i don't know how to create files so its all higeldey pigildy in here

But i never delate files i don't know what they are 

• Hug 1

I just played this and broke down. Saying goodbye is the hardest thing we can do. I think Marsha was at this show too. 

I have no idea how to deal with loss or grief but oh my god this is the worst pain I’ve ever felt. I miss her so much

• Hug 6
Just now, whispered secret said:

Rachel I have just found one and emailed it to you. Let me know if you get it. 

Thank you so much I will look now ❤️