Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It breaks my heart to have to let you all know, that my best friend, my American Mom and dare I say it, Bruce’s number 1 fan, @rosiejaneymary sadly passed away peacefully yesterday.    Marsha w

Hi everyone Just an update that the proof of the plaque is on its way, and we will hopefully see the bench before summer. Sorry to not have spoken for a little while, I’ve been a little overwhelm

Here's the dedication, and Rosie, and Seaside Bar Song. I just let the recording run until my zoom call, so there's more after that.  When I click on it to "open in a new tab" (or window) it

Posted Images

So beautiful. Thank you so much everyone for doing something so lovely ❤️ seeing all the pictures has really helped me today. I’ll print off all of the pictures for the impending scrapbook

• Like 4
  • Hug 2

I keep thinking about dear Ray 

An absolute gentlemen ive never had the pleasure of meeting

I think about the pain and saddness i feel for Marsha and i know its nothing compaired to what he must be feeling

Ive lost my dad at a relatively young age and that was devastating and i still cry every day for Tibby

I just can't beleave Marsha slipped away

I keep thinking its all just a dream and tomorrow all will be well in the garden state

And then i wake up and it isnt 

But in the world of Bruuuuuuuce the  sweet souls departed are still on this train with us 

• Hug 6
11 minutes ago, MadamMarie said:

7D8C544F-4BEB-4407-B5A2-2EC560B216EF.thumb.jpeg.437f9a932ab0d0a4f368698d8e85616b.jpeg

Upside down! She would’ve laughed at that. The way it should be!! ❤️

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
5 hours ago, whispered secret said:

This is my candle. I bought a bunch of lilies today and when I unwrapped them this rose fell out. It must have broken off from a bunch of roses and landed in my lilies, but when I saw it I straight away thought it was a rose for Rosie. CEE56006-B32E-4460-BC30-19D799EF101B.thumb.jpeg.d4adca6e67f70fd8cf12594d7e48be77.jpeg

Love that Ann! 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
12 hours ago, whispered secret said:

This is my candle. I bought a bunch of lilies today and when I unwrapped them this rose fell out. It must have broken off from a bunch of roses and landed in my lilies, but when I saw it I straight away thought it was a rose for Rosie. CEE56006-B32E-4460-BC30-19D799EF101B.thumb.jpeg.d4adca6e67f70fd8cf12594d7e48be77.jpeg

I thought of this often throughout the day 

• Like 1
  • Hug 1
3 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

It's good to see you, @Horley2.

Thank you. it's good to be back. 

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, Horley2 said:

Rachel, thank you for sharing with us such beautiful memories of Marsha. (I remember her sharing with me your experiences and ventures in New Jersey together.) Ray texted me on Sunday with the heartbreaking news and I was, and still am, in shock. I knew of her most recent diagnosis, but I did not realize how badly she was inflicted with the ALS.)  This is just horrible.

I only had the pleasure to meet Marsha once, when she offered me a ticket to the January 31, 2016 show at The Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. (We "met" originally of course here in the Lake, which I have been a stranger of late.) Ray could not attend the show, so she and Ray graciously offered me his ticket. I could not have asked for a better partner to attend a Bruce show. I can close my eyes and see the two of us screaming, "We're all riders on this train!" during Human Touch. Our biggest thrill was singing, "I'm gonna tear it down and throw it away!" at the end of The Price You Pay. Whenever I hear those two songs I immediately think of the lovely Marsha. I know she told me when she hears The Price You Pay she thought of me as well. 

It is hard to explain how you can form a bond with someone after one meeting. However, it was there, as her husband Ray confirmed to  me in his text on me on Sunday. We had many things in common. Aside from the obvious, we were both lovers of green tea, teachers (she retired a few years ago.) , from New Jersey...I could go on and on.

Marsha was incredibly thoughtful and compassioante. A holiday would not go by without a card. I know if she were with us a Passover card would have arrived days ago. :)

I regret that I never had an opportunity to meet Ray and she did not meet my wife and children. Marsha spoke and asked about my family like she knew them so well. A few years ago we invited them to our house for a BBQ, but sadly due to her health she couldn't make to our house. I wish we all could have connected and met.

No one should have to suffer with so many ailments like she endured over the years. Marsha seemed so resilient, however. 

RIP my dear friend.

Phil

Thank you so so much for sharing that with us. I’ve had such a tough few days dealing with it and reading this really put a smile on my face because it just summed up everything Marsha was. She told me the story about you too and that’s something that I loved about her. She was so proud of the connections she had made and the people she knew, and in turn, I felt the same way. 

I hope that sometime in the future, when it’s safe, we can all meet and pay our respects to Marsha and honour the person that she was. She really was taken too soon and did not deserve to suffer with the things that she did and it breaks my heart that someone so special had to deal with that. 

What you wrote has really stuck with me, especially the bit where you said ‘it’s hard to explain how you can form a bond with someone after one meeting’. I think Marsha just had a natural gift for making connections and friendships. She is everything I hope and would like to be. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to write something so lovely, it’s really made my day reading that 

• Like 1
  • Hug 4
8 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

As I mentioned above, I’ve had a tough few days now dealing with everything and it’s honestly been one of the worst weeks of my entire life. 

I’ve felt however that I can’t just sit around and do nothing, and not do something to honour @rosiejaneymary and everything she was and loved. So I thought to myself what can I do? What came to mind, is that I would like to get Marsha a memorial bench dedicated to her in Asbury Park. Of course my first thought was to check with her husband Ray to make sure that he was ok with it and he loves the idea which makes me so happy. For Marsha to have her own presence on the Asbury Park boardwalk, where we spent so much time looking out at the ocean, breathing in the salty sea air and being at our happiest. I know that’s where Marsha was her happiest, so this is something I really want to do for her. 

I emailed the Asbury Park Chamber of Commerce and they said it would be fine for me to send a check for the cost of the memorial bench from England. It’s $650 and I’m totally fine paying it by myself, but I’ve been thinking about it and I just felt like it would be wrong of me to go ahead and do it without mentioning it on here and asking if anyone would like to contribute. I’m not asking for contributions, I know money is tight now more than ever, but I know how much Marsha meant to so many people on here and it just felt wrong to make this something that was just mine. She was our Rosie. I’m not expecting anything from anyone, so please don’t feel obligated. I just wanted to give people the option to be involved if they would like to be. I’m not sure how I will work it out, but I guess someone will know how to. 

Anyway, I hope that I can get the memorial bench organised soon. Due to Covid I think the benches might still be removed from the boardwalk? But the site says they will be placed back when it’s safe, and the memorial plaque will be there for years to come. Perhaps if any of us visit Asbury we’ll be able to look out for the bench, and take some time to say hi to our dear friend. ❤️

Gofundme.com might be the way. You might end up with a surplus to donate to an appropriate charity as well.

https://www.gofundme.com/c/how-it-works

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Thank you so so much for sharing that with us. I’ve had such a tough few days dealing with it and reading this really put a smile on my face because it just summed up everything Marsha was. She told me the story about you too and that’s something that I loved about her. She was so proud of the connections she had made and the people she knew, and in turn, I felt the same way. 

I hope that sometime in the future, when it’s safe, we can all meet and pay our respects to Marsha and honour the person that she was. She really was taken too soon and did not deserve to suffer with the things that she did and it breaks my heart that someone so special had to deal with that. 

What you wrote has really stuck with me, especially the bit where you said ‘it’s hard to explain how you can form a bond with someone after one meeting’. I think Marsha just had a natural gift for making connections and friendships. She is everything I hope and would like to be. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to write something so lovely, it’s really made my day reading that 

You're welcome, Rachel. I feel badly that I did not post sooner. I'm glad I did today and that I could brighten your day even if a wee bit. 

Marsha certainly loved sharing her stories and appreciated her friendships. It would be amazing if we all could meet one day to honor her in AP or before a Bruce show.

• Like 1
  • Hug 1
1 minute ago, Born To Walk said:

Gofundme.com might be the way. You might end up with a surplus to donate to an appropriate charity as well.

I will check with Ray to make sure that a Gofundme would be okay with him, but if there was anything to send to a charity as well that would be incredible 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Eileen said:

What a lovely thought, @rachelharms - I'm sure lots of us would gladly give money towards such a special tribute to Marsha.

I really feel horrible asking people for money during these times but I didn’t want to not give people the option to contribute if they would like to. I know how much she meant to people here and it seems only right to ask if people would like to be involved. Of course if it’s okay with the mods too

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Horley2 said:

You're welcome, Rachel. I feel badly that I did not post sooner. I'm glad I did today and that I could brighten your day even if a wee bit. 

Marsha certainly loved sharing her stories and appreciated her friendships. It would be amazing if we all could meet one day to honor her in AP or before a Bruce show.

You shouldn’t feel bad at all! It was good to have something so special to read today. I hope that we can meet one day in AP! That sounds perfect. I’m sure wherever we meet, whenever we meet, Marsha will be there with us

• Like 3
1 minute ago, rachelharms said:

You shouldn’t feel bad at all! It was good to have something so special to read today. I hope that we can meet one day in AP! That sounds perfect. I’m sure wherever we meet, whenever we meet, Marsha will be there with us

We'll all  meet up, whether be in AP or in NJ for a show, or BOTH. 

• Like 3