Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Recommended Posts

As I posted in another thread...

 

Maybe BTX shutting down is Chris Phillips' answer to criticism over him not publishing an issue of the magazine for nearly 8 years.

Here's his italicized quote from a thread about the magazine a few years ago, and my reply (which indicates the timing of his "update"):

      "btxadmin
        But there will be a #92. We're talking weeks now, rather than months or years.

        Updates to come as it gets closer.

        Thanks for reading —
        Chris"

May 24th, 2018

 

It's been out of commission for a month and the longer it's down the less I miss it.  The board had become a caricature of its former self anyway.  Bye, Felicia.

What's really hilarious is that not only are subscribers never going to see another issue of the magazine, but the board, which their subscription fees subsidize, is also no longer available.

Business ethics in action, sports fans!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, the highway is alive said:

RIP. 16(?) years of posting history lost. 

That's my only issue. 

Well, that and the fact that I had created a draft with a bunch of miscellaneous links, musings, and music recommendations that may be lost forever.  When the boards initially went down the "Manage My Draft" option was still accessible but I fear if/when BTX comes back up we'll be starting from scratch.

What a bummer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, estband said:

That's my only issue. 

Well, that and the fact that I had created a draft with a bunch of miscellaneous links, musings, and music recommendations that may be lost forever.  When the boards initially went down the "Manage My Draft" option was still accessible but I fear if/when BTX comes back up we'll be starting from scratch.

What a bummer. 

This is sad and for some of you guys i really hope it is resurrected 

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

This is sad and for some of you guys i really hope it is resurrected 

Hopefully, knowing it was in danger of disappearing, folk will have saved what they had to ... if that was possible.

Mebbies they want a clean slate and will be back at some stage. New broom and all that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2021 at 6:28 AM, Jimmy James said:

Thank God this place doesn't have a FC no more, because all those leftwing nuts would be here. :P

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The magazines were great, when they were printed. I only have a few and I actually can't remember if I'm owed the next one or not at this stage!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've just seen that they've actually posted a message on the front page of Backstreets about BTX being off-line.  I was wondering when they would update people! At least when the Lake has problems, Karsten puts a message up straight away.

Things look a bit more promising from what they say, but didn't they say the same things about the magazine? It does not bode well ... :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BTX UPDATE: JUST AROUND THE CORNER…

As you may already be aware (perhaps painfully aware), the Backstreets Ticket Exchange message boards have been offline for over a month now. Without warning, our host migrated the entire Backstreets.com site to a different server, which proved to be incompatible with the message board software; there's been a slew of back-and-forth with tech support ever since.

The good news: the recovery process took longer than anticipated, but we finally figured out the best fix and now have updated software for the boards. We still have a few last wrinkles to iron out — to reinstate our spam-fighting measures, to make sure everything old gets restored, and everything new functions as it should — but we're close. We anticipate at least a "soft" reopening within the coming week. Thanks for your continued patience in the meantime, and we'll make another announcement when BTX is back.

- April 11, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, estband said:

BTX UPDATE: JUST AROUND THE CORNER…

As you may already be aware (perhaps painfully aware), the Backstreets Ticket Exchange message boards have been offline for over a month now. Without warning, our host migrated the entire Backstreets.com site to a different server, which proved to be incompatible with the message board software; there's been a slew of back-and-forth with tech support ever since.

The good news: the recovery process took longer than anticipated, but we finally figured out the best fix and now have updated software for the boards. We still have a few last wrinkles to iron out — to reinstate our spam-fighting measures, to make sure everything old gets restored, and everything new functions as it should — but we're close. We anticipate at least a "soft" reopening within the coming week. Thanks for your continued patience in the meantime, and we'll make another announcement when BTX is back.

- April 11, 2021

So I'm guessing that "soft reopening within the coming week" will turn into 3-4 more weeks at least.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...