Greasy Lake Community

11 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

If greasylake was down this long I'd be on the next fight to Copenhagen....

If Greasy Lake was down this long, it would undoubtedly be because I tried to fix something ;)

• Haha 4

I was thinking about BXT Vs Greasylake

Its kinda like NZ Vs Australia but without the CER 

(The lake would be NZ - kinder, smaller, only 2 degrees of separation between eveyone :D)

When bad shit happens to our closest  neighbour we want them to recover and prosper and them with us 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

On 4/14/2021 at 12:25 AM, calibucki said:

So I'm guessing that "soft reopening within the coming week" will turn into 3-4 more weeks at least.

Weeks?

I´m thinking years considering who we´re dealing with here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/14/2021 at 5:14 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

Its kinda like NZ Vs Australia but without the CER 

I thought New Zealand was just a territory of Australia or something.

JK!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

I thought New Zealand was just a territory of Australia or something.

JK!!

:lol: Not since before the 3rd of May 1841 when we became a colony in our own right and no longer a part of New South  Wales

There is interesting stuff in the Australian federation legislation of 1901 where provision was made for NZ to join if we wanted to (but we didn't)

On 4/6/2021 at 5:13 PM, estband said:

As I posted in another thread...

Maybe BTX shutting down is Chris Phillips' answer to criticism over him not publishing an issue of the magazine for nearly 8 years.

Here's his italicized quote from a thread about the magazine a few years ago, and my reply (which indicates the timing of his "update"):

"btxadmin
        But there will be a #92. We're talking weeks now, rather than months or years.

Updates to come as it gets closer.

Thanks for reading —
        Chris"

May 24th, 2018

It's been out of commission for a month and the longer it's down the less I miss it.  The board had become a caricature of its former self anyway.  Bye, Felicia.

What's really hilarious is that not only are subscribers never going to see another issue of the magazine, but the board, which their subscription fees subsidize, is also no longer available.

Business ethics in action, sports fans!!

Buddy I hear ya ...... however I must say that Chris (and Charlie before him) are due so much credit for keeping our "little world" together all these years. Hence, It's my pleasure to send this guy whatever I can no matter what he can/can't deliver. But again, I understand where your coming from and don't blame your feelings. Yet nobody, especially Chris - would ever do anything on purpose to screw anyone over, etc. If it wasn't for "Backstreets", especially in those first two decades - I doubt any of us would be on this board now. Back then, especially between 1989-1991 - when Bruce was basically on vacation - "Backstreets" was all we had. It seems like those years moved much slower than they do now: I don't know if that's because I'm almost 51 now or because information moves so fast these days - but I will say this: those years after the "Tunnel" tour seem SO MUCH longer than our current wait since they all walked off the stage back in 2017/Australia. 

Brad

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, BruceHistory said:

Buddy I hear ya ...... however I must say that Chris (and Charlie before him) are due so much credit for keeping our "little world" together all these years. Hence, It's my pleasure to send this guy whatever I can no matter what he can/can't deliver. But again, I understand where your coming from and don't blame your feelings. Yet nobody, especially Chris - would ever do anything on purpose to screw anyone over, etc. If it wasn't for "Backstreets", especially in those first two decades - I doubt any of us would be on this board now. Back then, especially between 1989-1991 - when Bruce was basically on vacation - "Backstreets" was all we had. It seems like those years moved much slower than they do now: I don't know if that's because I'm almost 51 now or because information moves so fast these days - but I will say this: those years after the "Tunnel" tour seem SO MUCH longer than our current wait since they all walked off the stage back in 2017/Australia. 

Brad

Thanks for your reply, Brad.

I was a SuperSub for over 20 years and a regular subscriber for a couple more, though I no longer have a dog in this fight.  But when you tell people the next issue is "weeks away" and then 3 years pass without the publication of another magazine, facts must be faced.

I've benefited greatly from BTX over the last 18 years, from obtaining copies of shows to forming real friendships.  But unfortunately the board, given the proliferation of trolls and click-baiters, is a mere shadow of its former self.  

I've corresponded a bit with Charley over the years and it felt good to thank him personally for getting it all started, and for the incredible Backstreets book from 1989 (every self-respecting Fan should own a copy).  He agreed with me that's it's probably past time that Chris move BTX to a subscriber-based model to weed out some of the cretins on the board, as well as actually giving people something for their money.  But alas.

Print media is pretty much dead, especially for this kind of niche fanzine, but it sure would be a nice thing if a final blow-out, double or triple issue of the magazine would be published for the Fans that made it all possible over the last four decades. 

It'll never happen, of course, but if dreams came true...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BruceHistory said:

Brad

Nice point Brad :)

The last ESB show was in NZ not Australia  ;)

Nicky