Greasy Lake Community

Your Last Show

2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Can I say I wrote that its been 5 years since my last show, but for some reason it feels like 10! 

BTW: no one's last show was Broadway? Would like to hear from you! 

So I wasn't very sure if we were considering Broadway apart of the "last show" but I saw it in March 2018, it was really cool, but you know it was nearly the same thing for a year and change. If that happened to my last EVER show I'd be alright, but it's not ESB and dammit, there are some songs I have still yet to hear with the band and I want that:lol:.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robk1 said:

coming up to 40 years !

So after the original River tour you decided you'd had enough live shows?

49 minutes ago, County fair said:

Last show, final night on Broadway, last ESB show Brisbane night 2, 2017. Miss him & that incredible band 

Can I ask which did you enjoy more the BOB show or the ESB show? 

3 hours ago, muscum said:

So after the original River tour you decided you'd had enough live shows?

Bruce and I both swore we would never play stadiums.....I held the line, sadly he didn't.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 5:22 PM, judyg said:

My last show was the final show of the 2016 US River Tour, 9/14/16 in Foxboro.  It was an absolutely superb show with an awesome set list, including Incident into Rosie in the middle of the show, NYCS to open, Lost in the Flood. The highlight of the show for me was an acoustic version of Sandy.  I usually hate acoustic Bruce, but this acoustic Sandy just  got to me. I was really touched by the line “Love me tonight for I may never see you again”, and I don’t know why but when I heard that line, I had a weird premonition that this would be my last Bruce show.  I hope I was wrong about that, but I’d be ok with it if it turns out to be true. 

The other thing that made this show truly stellar was that I went with Mikey and Mrs. Mikey, ( @CmonMrTrouble )  and got to spend some time with them before the show.

2016-09-14, Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA

The River Tour 2016 

New York City Serenade

Prove It All Night

Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?

Blinded by the Light

It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City

Growin' Up

Spirit in the Night

Lost in the Flood

Kitty's Back

Incident on 57th Street

Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

No Surrender

Boom Boom

Darkness on the Edge of Town

Radio Nowhere

Hungry Heart

Out in the Street

Detroit Medley

Light of Day

4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)

American Skin (41 Shots)

The Promised Land

Because the Night

The Rising

Badlands

Long Walk Home

Jungleland

Born to Run

Dancing in the Dark

Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

Shout

Rockin' All Over the World

Bobby Jean

This was also my last ESB show. (My last time seeing Bruce was Stand Up for Heroes 2019.) It was amazing- Bruce pulled out ALL of the epics! Before that last run of shows, if someone had posted that setlist, they would have been accused of lying! :lol: Sandy was just magical that night.

It felt like an end to me also, but more like the end of a chapter than closing the book. Having said that, if it turns out it was my last show, I'm ok with that. I've seen pretty much every song I really wanted to see (though I'm sure I can come up with one of two more :lol:).

I really hope they have at least one more tour in them. 

• Like 5

Im very envious of everyone that got a full river show in 2016 plus that epic last American leg with the long kitties and my 78 intros

That last night in Auckland 2017 he did promise the ESB will be back and i beleave him ...we just didn't see covid coming that's all and now its sad some of our number won't be here next tour BBB, Birdman and now Rosie :(

• Like 2

17 hours ago, County fair said:

Last show, final night on Broadway, last ESB show Brisbane night 2, 2017. Miss him & that incredible band 

Brisbane night 2 in '17 was my last one too. Those shows didn't have the intensity of '13 or '14, but boy it was fun.  Ticked a couple of boxes for me, especially Jole Blon.  

My last show was The Hague at the Malieveld June 14th 2016. I still have very good memories of that show. Springsteen played a show almost in my backyard in my hometown. 
I arrived on the show day early because I wanted to be in the pit. When the gates went open I ran as fast as I could and managed to a good spot in the pit at one of the first rows. Around 5 o clock Bruce showed up at the side of the stage and for a minute I thought we get a pre-show but unfortunately that didn’t happen. After support act Stereophonics it was Bruce time.

Opening with “Badlands” was a good start and a great crowd singalong. We also had great sign requests as “From Small Things”, “Jersey Girl” (a tough sign!!) and a shivering version of “Racing in the street”. For me one of the biggest highlights of the show same as the version of “Jungleland” which opened the encore were we also got “ Seven nights to rock” followed by “Detroit Medley”. Let’s Party!! And the biggest surprise of the evening was for me the last song of the encores the solo acoustic version of “This Hard Land” which made me cry. After almost 3,5 hours I went home with a very big smile on my face. 
I listen the official recording on regular base and it brings my always back to that great night!!

The setlist: 
BADLANDS / NO SURRENDER / MY LOVE WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN / FROM SMALL THINGS (BIG THINGS ONE DAY COME) / SHERRY DARLING / NIGHT / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / MY CITY OF RUINS / JERSEY GIRL / HUNGRY HEART / OUT IN THE STREET / YOU CAN LOOK (BUT YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH) / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / THE RIVER / RACING IN THE STREET / THE PROMISED LAND / WORKING ON THE HIGHWAY / DARLINGTON COUNTY / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / I'M ON FIRE / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / THE RISING / THUNDER ROAD / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS - PEOPLE GET READY / JUNGLELAND / BORN TO RUN / SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK / DETROIT MEDLEY / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / SHOUT / THIS HARD LAND

• Bruuuuce! 2

On 4/8/2021 at 8:21 PM, Jimmy James said:

Can I ask which did you enjoy more the BOB show or the ESB show? 

Love both, Broadway made me cry. But the high of an ESB is difficult to beat 

• Like 1

Hard to believe it’s been five years since the last show at the “joint that don’t disappoint.”  March 17, 2016, at the LA Sports Arena.  A great show with a couple special slots for St. Patty’s Day.  It’s been the longest gap between shows since I could afford to buy my own tickets during the TOL tour.  

Due to my health preventing me going to a show in 2016 my last one remains Leeds.

For me a show of two halves,main set & encore.

Generally it wasn't a bad main set,Roulette as the opener surprised me & the set gained momentum till for me (& obviously others will have different views) Thundercrack just sucked the life out of the show,it felt like it was never going to end,it took the rest of the main set to pull it round again.

So at the end of LOHAD I'm saying to Bruce ok that was good but what else have you got?

If faith was wavering in that moment then Bruce certainly responded,whatever I might have hoped for Secret Garden was never even in my thoughts,it took a few seconds to register what it was,that song was a fly in the eye moment for me,even before imagining it was Clarence playing that sax,then following that up with Atlantic City & Badlands.

Then to get IISFB & Thunder Road as an acoustic finale just topped it all off. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 7:31 PM, County fair said:

Ditto re Brisbane.
Best couple of  back to back shows in years. 

Mönchengladbach 2013. If that was my last one, I'm completely fine with it. Consciously skipped The River 16 - boring setlists (until the last US leg), River is far from being my favorite album (his most overrated record in my book) and the shows just felt noticeably different, also because Bruce had virtually stopped moving.