Greasy Lake Community

I'm not sure if I'm starting to lose the plot, but I seem to remember a TOL show was scheduled for Cardiff 1988 and was cancelled before it was even confirmed.  

Anyone got any info on this.......

I also, seem to remember, seeing or owning something (poster, promo vinyl sleeve....) with Cardiff listed in the dates of shows, again any info.......

Google searches provide zero results!

• Like 1

The second show at Villa Park got added quite late in the day from memory. So late in fact that locals/fans didn't know about it and ticket sales were quite a bit lower than the sold out first night.

I wonder if there was also an issue with sales in South Wales

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, jukeblue said:

The second show at Villa Park got added quite late in the day from memory. So late in fact that locals/fans didn't know about it and ticket sales were quite a bit lower than the sold out first night.

I wonder if there was also an issue with sales in South Wales

From memory, it didn’t even get to the point of ticket sales...... 

The show was planned for Cardiff Castle / Cooper's Field. Not sure it got as far as licencing, but it seems it was definitely under discussion.

Cardiff '85 seemed more definite at the old National Stadium.

17 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

The show was planned for Cardiff Castle / Cooper's Field. Not sure it got as far as licencing, but it seems it was definitely under discussion.

Cardiff '85 seemed more definite at the old National Stadium.

Thanks for confirming, not losing my marbles just yet then.........I do remember a proposed date being released as I'm sure it clashed with an exam I was due to take, was really miffed and of course it turned out fine because the show didn't go ahead....... managed to get to a few others though 

• Like 1

Saw Bryan Adams and Meatloaf in the Castle/Coopers Field, early noughties I think. Great open air venue. When Bryan Adams played the Robin Hood song some guy was shouting "watch out for the f*****g arrows" and during Run to you he was running up and down, plenty of Welsh beer I guess, great fun! 

• Haha 2

And here we go, finally found it, back cover of TOL Japanese Cd listed tour dates, and guess what Cardiff 10 July is listed, obviously got replaced with Sheffield second night, I AM NOT GOING MAAAAAAAD;

1435023737_Screenshot2021-04-11at20_04_54.png.1c8806e515b8f507fab5c9b1b571a541.png552413705_Screenshot2021-04-11at20_01_22.png.5a646c9e626917d33df25c1b2943249f.png100034547_Screenshot2021-04-11at19_53_09.png.8e2310fbdccbe4cc87a7e5a42741a060.png

Just now, AMIW said:

Can’t believe you didn’t go through old copies of the South Wales echo on microfiche at the library...:o

Library shut due to lockdown........ no online versions available for 1988 for South Wales Argus or Echo :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

The national library in aber opens tomorrow...:rolleyes:

travel restrictions also lifted tomorrow.. it would a nice drive

unfortunately the only drive I will be doing is to work............... xx

• Sad 1