Greasy Lake Community

I realise that the world has more important things to deal with at the moment and that there remain huge production and distribution issues in many countries, but....

Surely a more substantial range of T-shirts, hoodies and other memorabilia could be come up with for Bruce and the band than the paltry range currently on sale (don't get me started on that Wintergarden shirt!). I thought at one time they said bands made more money from T-shirt sales etc than other income streams. With not being able to tour surely they'd like to sell us something in the meantime (until we get another box set!).

Taylor Swift could open a department store with the merchandise she sells in support of each album release.

https://storeuk.taylorswift.com/

And I'd still like that "This Is Not A Dark Ride" shirt from the Tunnel tour. And how about a Moonlight Motel shirt with the lyrics on the back please?

• Like 1

I agree 100%. However after almost 40 years I'm used to Bruce (& his people) being lazy when it comes to output.

So many wasted opportunities over the years. 

• Like 1

We all see those baggy black t-shirts with a list of cities and tour dates going down the back.  (I’m guilty too.)  These days I don’t care for that groupie look.  And I leave 180g vinyl sales to the hipsters.  But the thermos and other accessories can be pretty cool!  I have a Bruce coffee mug from 2007.

15 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

We all see those baggy black t-shirts with a list of cities and tour dates going down the back.  (I’m guilty too.)  These days I don’t care for that groupie look. 

Agreed. To me there is no item of merchandise worse than a tour date t-shirt. So ugly. Give me a ticket stub any day.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

Give me a ticket stub any day.

Personal souvenirs are the best. I have all 47 of my Bruce concert ticket stubs together in a photo album, right from the first one which I kept safely since I was 12 years old, and I’m now 48. 

I think with an older demographic they have to up the sizes. We are not 12 year old waifs. I would love tour hoodies but they are sized up enough.

9 hours ago, Old English Town said:

I thought at one time they said bands made more money from T-shirt sales etc than other income streams.

Because they're obscenely overpriced! 

15 hours ago, Old English Town said:

And I'd still like that "This Is Not A Dark Ride" shirt from the Tunnel tour.

I picked one up for my daughter last year on Ebay.  Granted it's a reprint and not vintage 1988, however the quality is darn good.  The fabric is also thicker than the tissue paper shirts you find at actual concert merch stations.

£24.95 for the wintergarden tshirts,they're having a laugh,so would customers if I tried charging that.

The company I deal with currently has 10 Bruce items listed compared to 200+ for the likes of AC/DC,Maiden,Floyd,Stones etc,my guess is that along with the usual we couldn't organise a drinking competition in a brewery that goes on with Bruce Inc regarding merchandise is that i think some people wear certain band shirts even if they're no more than a casual fan because it's seen as fashionable so more potential sales.

I bought the coolest baseball cap at a Tom Joad concert but unfortunately I was drunk one morning and left it on a train. I’ve tried in vain to find one since but no joy. Would love it if they produced older merchandise again. 

• Like 1

Not mentioned yet: tourbooks are very nice merchandise, and some are also quite collectable and maybe even rare.

A better investment than a T shirt with tour dates on it.