Greasy Lake Community

Is There A Song You Wish Bruce Hadn't Played At A Show You Were At?

2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I don't really understand why people get so upset over 1 minute out of a 3 hour show.

Have you watched hyde park recently? :lol:

If i waa in charge (of the universe) well kitty would be 40 min long and the 78 intro would start and finish every show:lol:

But we would be able to have a swap meet and we would all be happy

I would love to get dream baby dream 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Blame the guy telling him to "sing up" ^_^ :lol:

The mother is like fingernails on a blackboard 

depositphotos_147118441-stock-photo-little-girl-covering-ears-with.jpg

I don't think there is any song that I wish he hadn't played, though there are some that I'd happily swap out for others. 

I don't mind Sunny Day (I enjoy watching the audience have fun), though I wouldn't mind at all if he dropped it. Especially at the 11/7/09 Wild and Innocent show- having it start up after the album was like a slap back to reality with a dead fish! :P :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I would love to get dream baby dream 

But Daisey, Bruce only stood on a chair, not on the piano, and he did NOT throw away his shirt.

I thought maybe I should warn you for this.

And even I think a 40 minute Kitty is a little bit too long......Kitty could again have left town before the song ends then.

• Haha 2

Darlington Fucking County, every fucking time.

That song should be stabbed, shot in the head, weighed down with lead, loaded into a welded trunk and fucked overboard whilst over the Mariana Trench and it'd still be too merciful for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, muscum said:

Actually, in general Bruce's encores are way too predictable and all performances would be improved if there was more uncertainty in the encores. (Tough crowd?)

Definitely.   I wouldn't want him to drop DITD or BTR, but they don't have to be in the encore.  There are plenty of songs that would be good in the encore section, enough to vary it every time, especially with a cover included.  Not 'Shout' though.  I never need to hear that again.

• Like 4

The interminable Dancing in the Dark every bloody time. I know it's a casual fan favourite but it wastes valuable stage time when Bruce could be singing at least 2 rarities. I'd be happy if I never heard it again (live anyway).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gartloney Rat said:

The interminable Dancing in the Dark every bloody time. I know it's a casual fan favourite but it wastes valuable stage time when Bruce could be singing at least 2 rarities. I'd be happy if I never heard it again (live anyway).

Imange if just once, working on the highway got swapped out for child bride ! 

I have extravagant dreams !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gartloney Rat said:

The interminable Dancing in the Dark every bloody time. I know it's a casual fan favourite 

It is also many a diehards fan favourite.

They play Darlington County, Working On The Highway, DITD, Glory Days and Bobby Jean because most casuals and many diehards like, or love, those songs.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gartloney Rat said:

Really? Would you fell that way about Badlands or Born To Run? I would not! More for the party the better. I guess Hungry Heart, Out in the Streets and Sunny Day is out also? 

I'm never pleased to hear Kitty's Back tbh, I guess if I had been a fan when it first appeared I might appreciate it more, but I wasn't, and I don't (get it). Sorry my first post on The Lake is a negative one. I'm not a big fan of No Surrender either !

On 4/11/2021 at 7:01 PM, Born To Walk said:

I don't really understand why people get so upset over 1 minute out of a 3 hour show.

People have moaning like hell about this for years. It's simply just a little bit of fun, that's all.

Nothing more, nothing less. Personally I think it's kinda nice to involve the kids.

• Like 4

It's always fascinating to see different people's varying opinions on here!

Though I wouldn't be "upset" if I heard, Tenth Avenue is the only song that admittedly gets quite monotonous to me live. I'm sure it being played in the encores has much to do with it, with the extended intro even more extended and his voice not super strong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panthersfan said:

I'm never pleased to hear Kitty's Back tbh, I guess if I had been a fan when it first appeared I might appreciate it more, but I wasn't, and I don't (get it). Sorry my first post on The Lake is a negative one. I'm not a big fan of No Surrender either !

@Daisey Jeep thoughts please!!?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, E Street nation said:

@Daisey Jeep thoughts please!!?

Thoughts are: Welcome to the Lake, and we are not afraid of some unpopular opinions?

However, Daisey might think different about this.:D

• Haha 2

I can't stand No Surrender (electric).  But I would love to hear No Surrender (acoustic, as on Live 75-85).  Unfortunately I have only witnessed the electric version, many times.

Also agree with the haters of Darlington County, Bobby Jean, Glory Days and everything off Working On A Dream and High Hopes.  

There are also a load of songs I like but have seen too many times: DITD, Hungry Heart, Rosie (I hear screams!). 

But your name is a cat ! @Panthersfan :lol:

Welcome to the lake

I never cared for Kitty till Max and his big band did it on one of the early stand up for hero's 

I just feel in love with the pure joy and exuberance of the orchestration  on it 

I loved they did it on the ESB R&RHoF induction - to be it was the perfect choice to give each band member some spotlight