Greasy Lake Community

Is There A Song You Wish Bruce Hadn't Played At A Show You Were At?

4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Really? Would you fell that way about Badlands or Born To Run? I would not! More for the party the better. I guess Hungry Heart, Out in the Streets and Sunny Day is out also? 

I love OTTS !

Its one of the few party numbers i couldn't live wuthout 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Darlington Fucking County, every fucking time. That song should be stabbed, shot in the head, weighed down with lead, loaded into a welded trunk and fucked overboard whilst over the Mariana Trenc

I can’t possibly be the only one giggling at every mention of “BJ”, can I? Sometimes it’s worth just bothering to type out the full name of the song. But then again, that would have prevented me from

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Really? Would you fell that way about Badlands or Born To Run? I would not! More for the party the better. I guess Hungry Heart, Out in the Streets and Sunny Day is out also? 

I know people enjoy their moment of fame dancing with Bruce or Gary or whoever. But my heart sinks when this segment starts knowing it will drag on for 10 minutes or longer. I don't feel that way about the other ever present songs. I guess I go to the concert to watch and listen to Bruce and the band not random members of the audience. Just my opinion.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Lampi said:

They play Darlington County, Working On The Highway, DITD, Glory Days and Bobby Jean because most casuals and many diehards like, or love, those songs.

True. But that doesn't make it right.

5 hours ago, 65pacecar said:

I’ll take listening to the Sunny Day kids singing over having to listen to Nils try to sing any day, and Patti for that matter.  

Even Janey Don't You Lose heart?

The reunion tour seemed to have about half an hour taken up by Bruce's preaching on Tenth Avenue and Light of Day. Remember thinking afterwards of all the great songs he could have played instead. Who wouldn't rather have heard Racing, Stolen Car and The Price You Pay instead.

Also remember getting It's Hard To Be A Saint on one of the later Manchester shows, which has never done anything for me.

Apart from some obvious overplayed crowd pleasers (Sunny Day, Out in the Street, Hungry Heart) you mean?

Well, I was quite disappointed by Bruce dropping Thundercrack in the first European leg of the Magic tour in favour of 'Santa Claus is coming to town'. It was pretty anticlimatic IMHO. Maybe the infamous bug might have had something to do about it, but still...

• Sad 1

"Back in Your Arms" - Helsinki 2012-07-31.

I love the studio versions of "Back in Your Arms," it's a gorgeous love song.

That night, however, it was the 20th song of 33 and by that time I had been standing for God knows how many hours and my feet were tired and at that moment a looong slow song was a killer.

51 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

one of the best on the album, good old pop song much underated i always felt

Always thought it made for a great final song of the night, as he sometimes did in 2016.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, JLE SASK said:

Worlds Apart.

Somehow sandwiched between The Promised Land and Badlands.  Yuck

I love Worlds Apart, but can see how it doesn't work between those two tunes. 

11 hours ago, Frank said:

Apart from some obvious overplayed crowd pleasers (Sunny Day, Out in the Street, Hungry Heart) you mean?

Well, I was quite disappointed by Bruce dropping Thundercrack in the first European leg of the Magic tour in favour of 'Santa Claus is coming to town'. It was pretty anticlimatic IMHO. Maybe the infamous bug might have had something to do about it, but still...

I dislike 99% of Christmas songs 

I make the occasional exception for that one on the radio only because of Clarence 

Im the Christmas grinch

I would rather have ....an even long kitty 

• Sad 1
On 4/11/2021 at 10:15 AM, Jimmy James said:

St. Louis 2009 after a very half ass effort during the main body of the show which included the whole BTR album, the encore started. I said to my wife maybe he will kick it up a notch now. Then he started the encore set with a piano version of For You. Only time I ever left a show disappointed. 

Ouch ..... Roll Over Beethoven and Detroit Medley ..... I hope it was at least a work night :lol:...Also he played Detroit Medley two years in a row in St Louis ....I'm annoyed

On 4/11/2021 at 10:17 AM, muscum said:

No.1: Waitin' On A Sunny Day, obvs!

No.2: Dream Baby Dream - if he'd finished the Devils & Dust shows with a different song every night instead of this mediocre cover, memories of the tour would have been better. Actually, in general Bruce's encores are way too predictable and all performances would be improved if there was more uncertainty in the encores. (Tough crowd?)

Dream Baby Dream to close what had been an incredible night at Mohegan Sun was a bummer

4 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Ouch ..... Roll Over Beethoven and Detroit Medley ..... I hope it was at least a work night :lol:...Also he played Detroit Medley two years in a row in St Louis ....I'm annoyed

Yeah, I'm like 25% to get the Medley. 

But seriously check out some reviews of the 2009 St. Louis show. I kind of knew that it maybe a let down show. Because it was between the last show at The Spectrum in Philly and the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame show. 2008 was one of the greatest show ever to 2009 one of the worst.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

No surprise ....But Kitty of course ..... Enough time for Stand On It, I Wanna Be With You and the Shortened Medley. :(

I just have no ear for Jazz ....although i will admit the band really swings on it ....Just not my music

I totally get your feelings on the shortened medley

I got prove it with out the intro 

I thought i was going to burst into tears 

I would love the medley - but i wouldn't want to take that off you if you were the show before or after me

• Love Love Love! 1

Today i was listening to Trenton NJ from the D&D tour

OMG its wrokis ! (I don't know how to spell that :lol:)

I was thinking imangine if someone who didnt love the bullet mic would be so bummed out with Saint in the city :lol:

And its the best version of Fire ive ever heard - i smiled so hard my lips cracked ! 

The bullet mic just makes me so happy ! 

And that BITUSA bullet mic to open  :wub:

• Like 1

The final show of the Joad tour 1997 could have done without the duets with Elliot Murphy nice enough guy but sucky songs "Blowing down that old Dusty Road" especially after I'd already heard them ball it out in Brixton. Mind you the Joad tour probably wasn't the setting for Incident or Kitty's Back or Restless Nights

I never liked the Reunion Tour arrangement of The River either although it sounds lovely listening back. I know he was trying to rescue the song from descending into the boorish singalong it had become especially in Europe and it allowed Clarence to open up but I didn't get that at the time

On 4/13/2021 at 11:35 PM, Jimmy James said:

Yeah, I'm like 25% to get the Medley. 

But seriously check out some reviews of the 2009 St. Louis show. I kind of knew that it maybe a let down show. Because it was between the last show at The Spectrum in Philly and the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame show. 2008 was one of the greatest show ever to 2009 one of the worst.

I was at both shows and I agree, 2008 was incredible.   I enjoyed the 2009 show but it wasn’t up to the standard of 2008 and he was in a bit of cruise control mode, I love For You though so I was good with that.   2008 is one of the all time great Bruce shows.

• Bruuuuce! 1
3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

OMG its wrokis ! (I don't know how to spell that :lol:)

Usually I can work it out, but this one has me stumped :P

• Haha 2