Greasy Lake Community

New Nils Interview, Bruce has 10,15 Unreleased Albums

I think they are laying the ground work for the boxset release with all these comments.. Its no accident that Bruce gave a few interviews in the fall talking about tracks 2, Max has said some things, Now nils is talking about the unreleased albums. I think we will be hearing more tidbits like this the next few months

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

No we don't! :P

Acoustic Album: TJOTJ, D&D, BOB

Electric Nebraska: Most all tunes have an Electric version live already but My Fathers House, wish I hope there isn't another version

Country& Western: Western Stars

Hip Hop & Gospel: parts of Wrecking Ball. 

Nope. These aren’t facts.

18 hours ago, Lampi said:

Yes.

The 1994 'Hip Hop' album is a lost album made with some members of the 1992-1993 band. No one knows how it sounds, and over the years it became known as the 'Hip Hop' album. Better description is probably 'Album with electronic influences'; like, Secret Garden, Streets of Philadelphia and Missing all have a sort of 'electronic influence' or 'electronic vibe'. It is also unknown which songs are on it, but some songs are believed to be later re-recorded with the ESB. Some of those re-recordings might be unheard too, from late 90s-early 00s sessions with the ESB. Nothing Man was on the 1994 album and re-recorded with the ESB for The Rising. Maybe Back In Your Arms is on the 1994 album too.

(Edit, according to Brucebase: the 1994 'hip hop' album and the 1994 album recorded with some members of the 1992-1993 band, working title: Waiting On The End Of The World, are actually two different albums! And Missing is one of the songs recorded for the 'hip hop', 'electronic' album 'drums and loops'.).

The 1987 (not 1986) country album was recorded with -indeed- country musicans early 1987. Little of it is known, also not what was recorded: only a few songs, a complete album, and/or Tunnel of Love songs. The sessions were very secret and abruptly ended when they leaked. ('Leaked'; the fact those sessions took place leaked, not the music itself, obviously).

The 1997 'country western' album is also described as 'western swing' album.

There is also an unreleased 2010 country album (Bruce himself talked about that in interviews).

Not all music from the Seeger Sessions was on the Seeger album.

Every time i read about these albums i get way too excitted  

(Well except the one implied in your last line)

16 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

You know me too well! 

Maybe there are some up tempo happier tunes from the WS sessions that got the boot because they didn't fit the overal (depressingly sad suicidal:lol:) theme of WS 

16 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Maybe there are some up tempo happier tunes from the WS sessions that got the boot because they didn't fit the overal (depressingly sad suicidal:lol:) theme of WS 

I've never thought of WS being depressingly sad (well apart from listening to it) but I guess it can be interpreted that way in some respects,especially TT if she's not coming & it's all in his head,some others are more the reality of life which by nature can be depressingly sad.

I want to hear those WS sessions,in 40 songs there has to be a decent album in there somewhere.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, High As Hope said:

I've never thought of WS being depressingly sad (well apart from listening to it) but I guess it can be interpreted that way in some respects,especially TT if she's not coming & it's all in his head,some others are more the reality of life which by nature can be depressingly sad.

I want to hear those WS sessions,in 40 songs there has to be a decent album in there somewhere.

I hope Its probably not how Bruce hears it, its just when it came out Gary was in really poor health and we didn't know what was wrong with him and i just hear the end of the road, a finality  (is that even a word?:lol:) in the stories in the songs (but not in Bruce's own story or ours with him)

But Id lie in bed at night listening to Gary breath just to make sure he still was 

The album came out in the middle of winter here 

I do actually love the album but i love how on the live album rhinestone cowboy just lifts the end 

But for me WS is like TOL

I acknowledge it as a masterpiece but i don't listen to it but for a few times a year (for totally a different reason to only listening to the banjos only once a year :lol:)

Those two albums just cut too close to the bone for comfort 

Now Joad i can listening to 20 times a day - although i restrict it to summer months only 

The promise is my 3rd favourite song but that's for special occasions only because if given the chance i wallow in it :lol:

Thank God for WIESS :lol:

Love Bill Horton 

Anyway im going to start a rumour about there being a lost bullit mic album and maybe something rawkus will turn up on tracks two :lol:

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Anyway im going to start a rumour about there being a lost bullit mic album and maybe something rawkus will turn up on tracks two :lol:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, High As Hope said:

II want to hear those WS sessions,in 40 songs there has to be a decent album in there somewhere.

There has to a decent album cover in there, with Bruce himself on the cover and not a picture of...well you know what.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Lampi said:

There has to a decent album cover in there, with Bruce himself on the cover and not a picture of...well you know what.