• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats crazy easy for me BTR Darkness The River

Wild and the Innocent Born to Run Darkness

For me easily Born to run - Darkness - The river.

Posted Images

I’m surprised there are no votes for:

Nebraska

Born In The USA

Tunnel Of Love

(And I don’t think Nebraska qualifies as a “studio” album.)

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Nebraska

Born In The USA

Tunnel Of Love

Yes, me too, that's a close second place for me. 
1. BTR-Darkness- River
2. Nebraska-BITUSA-Tunnel

• Like 1
14 hours ago, tomjoad'sghost said:

The River, Nebraska, Born in the USA.

Fan of a particular type of song structure!   I was actually surprised that BITUSA didn't get more love (even though it's not my favourite).        Nebraska, BITUSA, Tunnel of Love would also be a perfectly legitimate choice

• Like 1
5 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Man that's splitting straws :lol:.    Well It certainly wasn't "Live" (no audience, and it also includes overdubbing).     If he writes the word "Studio" on his bedroom door, then it becomes a studio album.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Nebraska

Born In The USA

Tunnel Of Love

That's exactly the one I would go for.

TOL is absolutely my favourite album. I can't help but being a child of the 80's, I got this album when a did my holy communion at 12 years and off course I loved it. But it wasn't until I was in college that I came to realise what a great album that was. I can understand lots of fans don't like it because of the 80's sound and the cheesy synths, but the sheer quality of the songs is wonderful: Brilliant disguise, Tougher than the rest, Walk like a man, One step up and Cautious man are examples of his best song writing ever.

Combine that with the first album I ever got (BITUSA) and the masterclass in songwriting that is Nebraska, and you have my perfect threesome ...

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Thunder_road_belgium said:

That's exactly the one I would go for.

TOL is absolutely my favourite album. I can't help but being a child of the 80's, I got this album when a did my holy communion at 12 years and off course I loved it. But it wasn't until I was in college that I came to realise what a great album that was. I can understand lots of fans don't like it because of the 80's sound and the cheesy synths, but the sheer quality of the songs is wonderful: Brilliant disguise, Tougher than the rest, Walk like a man, One step up and Cautious man are examples of his best song writing ever.

Combine that with the first album I ever got (BITUSA) and the masterclass in songwriting that is Nebraska, and you have my perfect threesome ...

43BE4F54-18C1-4613-BA9E-FDFF054C81D6.gif

• Like 2

My vote is for the Wild, the Innocent through to Darkness. But here’s something else to consider: 2005 through to 2007, three very different but solid albums each followed by a very different tour. Not many megastars do that and great years to be a fan.

• Like 1

Like many others, my picks would be Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town and The River. Those three albums have the typical Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band sound, and that's the musical style I love.

• Like 1

It has to be:

Born To Run

Darkness

The River

which is the best three albums in a row by anyone, not just Bruce. But David Bowie’s Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane, Bob Dylan’s Bringing It All Back Home, Highway 61 Revisited and Blonde On Blonde, and Joni Mitchell’s Blue, For The Roses and Court And Spark come pretty close.

WIESS-Born To Run-Darkness.

For the 'desert island', I would maybe prefer some other albums. Or better, some non-Bruce albums, music I am less familiair with. And/Or some boxsets. And many books, too.

Assuming there is electricity and a stereo set on the desert island to play the albums, and also food, water, a toilet and a shower and a roof above my head so I can listen to the music and read the books until someone comes to rescue me from the desert island. Hmm..that sounds more like a 'desert island hotel' then. And not a real desert island, more like a holiday!:)

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

WIESS-Born To Run-Darkness.

For the 'desert island', I would maybe prefer some other albums. Or better, some non-Bruce albums, music I am less familiair with. And/Or some boxsets. And many books, too.

Assuming there is electricity and a stereo set on the desert island to play the albums, and also food, water, a toilet and a shower and a roof above my head so I can listen to the music and read the books until someone comes to rescue me from the desert island. Hmm..that sounds more like a 'desert island hotel' then. And not a real desert island, more like a holiday!:)

How are you going to make it on a Desert Island without Drive All Night ? :lol:

5 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

How are you going to make it on a Desert Island without Drive All Night ? :lol:

By not taking the River album with me, obviously.

And by cheating with taking with me a secret cassette tape with Side 1 of the River album, which I have played many times more often than the other 3 sides combined together (the advantage of vinyl albums).

• Like 1
On 4/18/2021 at 5:14 AM, High Lonesome said:

Like many others, my picks would be Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town and The River. Those three albums have the typical Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band sound, and that's the musical style I love.

Yes typical but also varied. Those three albums each have a very unique atmosphere all their own...but so do most of Bruce's albums even the ones that are just ok

• Like 1