Greasy Lake Community

First thought was Fall 1976-1977-Darkness, but that would do no justice to the Spring 1976 tour. Then I thought about a little bit cheatin' with 1976-1977-Darkness, combining the two 1976 tours into one. But no, it's this:

1977-Darkness-River.

Best 3 tours would be: 1977-Darkness-Tunnel.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
7 minutes ago, Lampi said:

First thought was Fall 1976-1977-Darkness, but that would do no justice to the Spring 1976 tour. Then I thought about a little bit cheatin' with 1976-1977-Darkness, combining the two 1976 tours into one. But no, it's this:

1977-Darkness-River.

Best 3 tours would be: 1977-Darkness-Tunnel.

yes agreed, i love tooo much also 76-77 period......Frankie, The promise,  that Something in the night, Don't look back...........

• Love Love Love! 1

I'd actually throw in Solo Acoustic/ Reunion/ Rising or Seeger/ Magic/ WB.

These sequences get some real variety, with the ESB in fifth gear but more than just that.

19 hours ago, Magnus said:

I'd actually throw in Solo Acoustic/ Reunion/ Rising or Seeger/ Magic/ WB.

@Lampi is correct by saying 1977 - Darkness - River, but the Devils-Seeger-Magic run is definitely in the mix. Artistically they were all fantastic.

On 4/19/2021 at 4:56 PM, Lampi said:

Where's the WOAD Tour in this?

Crap you're right. Should be Devils, Seeger, Magic.

I happen to rate the WOAD tour fairly low.

23 hours ago, Magnus said:

Crap you're right. Should be Devils, Seeger, Magic.

I happen to rate the WOAD tour fairly low.

Maybe the worst three consecutive engagements:

Obama 2008 campaign tour

WOAD

WB

21 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Maybe the worst three consecutive engagements:

Obama 2008 campaign tour

WOAD

WB

I don't think you can count mini tours of short shows like the 2008 Obama performances as a tour. 

I'm surprised you didn't like WB - what didn't you like about that?

1 hour ago, badlands78 said:

Too many horns, singers, and Tom Morellos

Full album shows; Sunny Day kids; sign requests for obscure (and also less obscure) cover songs and for inferior outtakes; no structure in the setlist, unfocused shows, no narrative; and a tour in support of Bruce Springsteen's most overrated album.

And I'm aware of the contradiction of 'most overrated album' and the (implicit) statement that shows could have been better with a more focused setlist, build around the songs of that most overrated album.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Full album shows; Sunny Day kids; sign requests for obscure (and also less obscure) cover songs and for inferior outtakes; no structure in the setlist, unfocused shows, no narrative; and a tour in support of Bruce Springsteen's most overrated album.

And I'm aware of the contradiction of 'most overrated album' and the (implicit) statement that shows could have been better with a more focused setlist, build around the songs of that most overrated album.

It says a lot that Bruce played other full albums on the WOAD and WB tours but not even the WOAD and WB full albums.

8 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

It says a lot that Bruce played other full albums on the WOAD and WB tours but not even the WOAD and WB full albums.

It's different for the WOAD album, which is -unpopular opinion warning!:)- a much better album than WB.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

WB

HH

The river 2016- summer down under 

Because i got to actually see Bruce Springsteen and the ESB ! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lampi said:

It's different for the WOAD album, which is -unpopular opinion warning!:)- a much better album than WB.

I still love my WOAD

Used to watch a lot of really baddly recorded u tube clips while that tour was taking place