Greasy Lake Community

Wish there were a better version of this on video somewhere ....Awesome Band Exit and extended Roy Solo Starting at around 7:00....I'm sure the fact that this was played when i went 7-24 and then not when i went 7-26 was part of the reason i was so disappointed on the 26th.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

A few day ago some nice Italian posted the entire Stormy night in San Siro (June 28, 2003) edited from 4 video sources. Contains a much better quality Ramrod band Exit and extended Roy Solo (with AC Milan cap, scarf, and a big kiss on the lips). Setlist has timings for quick jump to songs

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Wish there were a better version of this on video somewhere ....Awesome Band Exit and extended Roy Solo Starting at around 7:00....I'm sure the fact that this was played when i went 7-24 and then not when i went 7-26 was part of the reason i was so disappointed on the 26th.

The fall at the 3:00 mark... hilarious that Bruce actually thought he could catch Clarence!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

I didnt realize that was on there ..... I felt bad for him ....He didnt miss a note though .....

What I meant was that you can see Bruce first try to stabilize Clarence by the elbow... the big man is a mountain.. if he falls there ain’t no stopping him! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, el sergio said:

A few day ago some nice Italian posted the entire Stormy night in San Siro (June 28, 2003) edited from 4 video sources. Contains a much better quality Ramrod band Exit and extended Roy Solo (with AC Milan cap, scarf, and a big kiss on the lips). Setlist has timings for quick jump to songs

The Professor getting a little well deserved love from the fans:) ..... Sometimes the slow Ramrod can bother me ....But this is a great example of why its cool .... extra clown time ....Thanks Sergio .... Great stuff !

18 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

The Professor getting a little well deserved love from the fans:) ..... Sometimes the slow Ramrod can bother me ....But this is a great example of why its cool .... extra clown time ....Thanks Sergio .... Great stuff !

It is a fan? Always thought it was his wife...

3 hours ago, MahatmaKanejeeves said:

I went to 3 Giants Stadium shows in 2003. I was disappointed that Glory Days was played in the Ramrod slot each show. During Glory  Days the band left the stage while Roy played solo piano.

Interesting .....I see Glory Days was played in that slot at my 7-26 show ....But i don't remember :(

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought these long, slow Ramrod versions were terrible. Roy's playing is great, but it always is. Plain and simple. Ramrod is not a good song in the first place and to stretch a song with no dynamic whatsoever to 10 Minutes+ was a terrible choice IMO. Slowing it down didn't help either. Ramrod, if necessary at all, works best in its short, poignant and fast-paced incarnation.

2 hours ago, NoneButTheBrave said:

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought these long, slow Ramrod versions were terrible. Roy's playing is great, but it always is. Plain and simple. Ramrod is not a good song in the first place and to stretch a song with no dynamic whatsoever to 10 Minutes+ was a terrible choice IMO. Slowing it down didn't help either. Ramrod, if necessary at all, works best in its short, poignant and fast-paced incarnation.

While i ....as I do with so many lakers ... disagree over the merits of the song .... I certainly prefer the River/BITUSA paced versions. But if i am getting a slow version ....a 3 minute Roy piano solo and completely over the top stage exit doesn't hurt.

Honestly i had forgotten that existed until stumbling over it on the lone Rising Archive release.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:19 AM, mxschrtt said:

It is a fan? Always thought it was his wife...

Then you might ask the question: "Which wife?"

Some time ago I did read a retrospective article in Mojo magazine about "Car Wheels On A Gravel Road" by Lucinda Williams. The extensive (production) role of Roy Bittan was largely mentioned. And in the article they were pondering how in the world Roy Bittan landed this production job. The stated Roy got it because his "wife" Gia Ciambotti was the daughter of John Ciambott who played bass on this record. Anybody can shed a light why former Other Band background singer Gia Ciambotti was associated with Roy Bittan as his "wife"?