Greasy Lake Community

The end of the TGLITW?

AMIW

Manchester United shares are down more than 6.5% on the New York Stock Exchange, in a sign that investors are concerned about the prospects for the proposed European Super League and the extra profits that might bring for the football club.

Shares are currently trading at just over $16, having started the day at $17.16.

The price had already fallen about 3% today before reports emerged of Chelsea and Manchester City withdrawing from the competition.

I wouldnt pay $16 for a Man U share :o

As I now read and hear the weasel words and mealy mouthed expressions of regret being issued by these 6 clubs to their own supporters, I'm angrier today than I was yesterday, when their project was still alive.  What these 6 clubs need to be doing right now is not just 'reaching out' to their own particular fan base, but issuing unconditional apologies to the other 14 Premier League clubs who they had sought to abandon in order to establish a form of footballing apartheid.  Indeed, they should also apologise to all the other football clubs in the United Kingdom who are part of the football pyramid, the values of which they have betrayed in the ugliest way. 

• Like 3

Football supporters in England were never going to allow this to happen. Too much history. My dad watched the Busby babes every week, they lost their lives for our club trying to win a European competition having qualified for it on merit. Shame on anyone associated with Manchester United who put our name to this disgraceful project. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Football supporters in England were never going to allow this to happen. Too much history. My dad watched the Busby babes every week, they lost their lives for our club trying to win a European competition having qualified for it on merit. Shame on anyone associated with Manchester United who put our name to this disgraceful project. 

I'd like to think so but what is clear is no way in hell were the German fans going to put up with it and they are the most powerful fans in the game.  Sure didn't take long for Munich and Dortmund to pour cold water on this idea.

Real Madrid seem to view this differently to everyone else!

Real Madrid Updates

European Super League finished before it started. History will always remember how the Real Madrid president was the only person who had the balls to stand against UEFA's and FIFA's corruption. English clubs' withdrawal from the competition will also be remembered as the biggest betrayal in sports history.

They didn't save football as its reported, they sold their dignity. They didn't pull out for the fans, they did it for money that they were offered by UEFA to do so. They were under pressure and they showed themselves weak. It's unbeliavable how Florentino Pérez is shown as the only villain in this history when 12 of the greatest clubs signed for this. Other club's betrayal doesn't mean that Pèrez failed. He achieved more than people might think. UEFA and FIFA had some slepless nights because of our chairman. Yes, he was the head of the ESL, but because he was the only one to speak out against corruption, against UEFA's president and their monopoly. Yesterday, UEFA came up with a new budget of 4 billion euros, and they had denied they had that money before. Before Pérez speaking out. The whole football world should say thank you to Florentino Pérez.

The only thing Pérez wanted was for the whole football clubs to earn more money and the greatest football institutions not to treat them as puppets. Last but not least, kudos to Barça for standing alongside our president and our club until the end. UEFA won against changes, football didn't win.

And I swear to God, the only thing I want right now is Real Madrid winning the Uefa Champions League of this season, against Chelsea, against City, against Paris, against Uefa, against FIFA and against the world. We had used this phrase before, but now it is more meaningful than ever. "If the world is against Real Madrid, I am against the world". Always by your side, my club and my president.

Florentino Perez says Real Madrid need more money to survive. Then turns around and signs David Alaba. He also says that without the Super League transfers for Haaland or Mbappe won't be possible. Well, then don't buy them. These people are absolutely despicable.

• Like 1