Greasy Lake Community

Really gutted to hear this news tonight.

For me, one of the great rock songwriters of the last 50 years.

So many great songs, and of course he wrote all the songs on Bat out of Hell which is in my top three favourite albums of all time.

RIP Jim and thanks for all those songs.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Someone must have blessed us when he gave us those songs.

Indeed.

Rest in peace, Jimmy. Thank you for a lifetime of rock and roll dreams.

With love, from the kid in the dark with the headphones on. <3

(Skip to 5:33)

• Like 3

Devastated. His music has given me so much over my entire adult life.

Sleep well, Jim. Those rock and roll dreams really did come through.

• Like 5

I remember a quote years ago from Phil Spector where he roundly insulted Jim and his work. Jim responded in typical fashion by saying that he felt privileged to have been insulted by such a living genius.

• Like 2

Just been waiting for ages at crossing gates and this news came on the radio. 

Working in a record shop i can't tell you how many times the Bat Out Of Hell album was played, if we didn't know what to put on it was always the go to album choice for everyone.

Offering my condolences to anyone who loved the music of the  wolf with the red roses.

RIP Jim.

• Like 6

The greatest writer of rock anthems ever. I turned 10 in 1977 and Bat Out of Hell was the first real album I ever heard. Absolutely stunning, the songs, the motorbikes, the guitars, the spoken intro’s, the stories, a defining moment in my musical journey which I still love nearly 45 years later.

A great body of quality work followed, Dead Ringer, Bad for Good, Fire Inc, Pandora’s Box Original Sin, Back into Hell, not to mention Bonnie Tyler and the hits for Air Supply Making Love out of Nothing at all, and Boyzone No Matter What.

So sad when one of the musical greats, that you felt an attachment to their work, passes on.

RIP Jim Steinman, thank you for the music which will live on forever.

Tonight is What it Means to be Young

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

From the two stars of the Bat Out Of Hell Musical

image.png.1642f2bc573bab65e9fff57b36c5878e.png

He looks so old ..... Andrew and Christina did such justice to those songs. As my wife said ....they loved those songs and you could tell when they sang them.

• Like 3

A true rock ‘n roll hero. His writing was the epitome of rock ‘n roll as the ultimate cure to growing old. No matter what.

I don’t know you, but I suddenly feel older today. May God bless him.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

That musical kicked our ass ...... So over the top and so fantastic.

With Meat Loaf's voice long gone, it was great to hear those songs given new life. I know not everybody likes that type of show, but those songs were made for that format.

DSCN3324.JPG

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

With Meat Loaf's voice long gone, it was great to hear those songs given new life. I know not everybody likes that type of show, but those songs were made for that format.

DSCN3324.JPG

Me ....watching that play....it got horrendous reviews ...which is of course the reason you cant always listen to reviews lol

s-l500.jpg

So sad to hear of the passing of the genius that was Jim Steinman.  I absolutely loved his Bad For Good album and had it pretty much on rotation with The River, Bat Out of Hell and WIESS for the whole of 1981.  Rock and Roll Dreams Come True - just brilliant.

RIP 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JaneyJaney said:

So sad to hear of the passing of the genius that was Jim Steinman.  I absolutely loved his Bad For Good album and had it pretty much on rotation with The River, Bat Out of Hell and WIESS for the whole of 1981.  Rock and Roll Dreams Come True - just brilliant.

RIP 

If i replaced WIESS with Gary US Bonds On The Line (blasphemy i know ) that would have been me ....Bad for Good is wildly underrated 

• Like 1