Greasy Lake Community

Since we have a thread about tunes you wish you didn't get, what about the 3 tunes you haven't got? And are still chasing. 

One Rule: it has to be tunes that have been actually been played live! Like for me I would love to list Harry's Place, but doesn't qualify! 

1. It's Hard to be a Saint in the City - Foxboro style

2. Lost in the Flood - Live in NYC style

3. My Fathers House - Christic style 

• Like 2
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or the piano start of Point Blank during the 16' shows. Some of the most powerful music I ever witnessed. 

Great thread!  Not chasing anymore but looking forward to it all over again!  Is there anybody alive out there???

Chased Incident for 108 shows before I finally got it in the beautiful city of Glasgow. Just chasing County Fair & the 84 version of Open All Night

I should yell it from the rafters

Prove it with the 78 intro

A long kitty 

Soooo many for my number 3 spot  but today ill go with lost in the flood

And im with @Rizla with wanting loose change :wub:

• Like 3

After all the shows, I think I have seen everything I have hoped to get.

However, I did see 19 shows before I saw Rosalita for the first time - the song that grabbed me from the first time I heard it, and then took a long time to finally hear it live.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

After all the shows, I think I have seen everything I have hoped to get.

However, I did seen 19 shows before I saw Rosalita for the first time - the song that grabbed me from the first time I heard it, and then took a long time to finally hear it live.

Took me 28 to finally hear Crush On You ....okay ...yeah ...bad comparison :lol:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Stand On It

I Wanna Be WIth You

I'll Work For Your Love

I thought about saying Ghosts ....But then i remembered the rules ...we're ALL chasing that one

I got those first two in one show, Pittsburgh 2014.:P

• Like 1

After so many shows over the years I think I have filled the bucket.  The longest waits for me to hit a few of my favorites was:

E Street Shuffle

Wild Billy Circus

Thundercrack

I also have seen pretty much everything I’ve wanted to see through the years. The one I’d love to hear again is The Fever. I heard it in 1978, and then I didn’t hear it again until 1999 in Philly. I guess I only get that song every 21 years or so. I think it’s due to pop up again at my next show. ;)

• Like 2

Have seen most I’ve wished for, but one of the reasons I wanted The River 2016 tour to continue as full album shows is because I wanted to hear The Price You Pay, which was a rarity for many years until that tour. 

The other two most wanted are New York City Serenade and a full band If I Was The Priest (qualifies as allegedly played in Asbury Park 1971 :D). Roll on 2022! 

• Like 1

"Candy's Room" is the only track from Darkness that I haven't see LIVE, and most likely never will.

My best chance: it was on the setlist for the 3/20/08 show in Indy but Bruce chose to audible and play the sign-requested "Prove It" instead.

c39be1615b35c0234a19e9c8523ed507cc4dda82

I've got to be pretty happy with what I've seen as it includes full album shows of WIESS, BTR, DOTEOT, The River and BITUSA. I've also seen most of Greetings, just missing the two dirges, although BBTL was only in the Seeger version.

Probably the big omission is I Wish I Were Blind.

1. Stayin' Alive (Brisbane 2014 is my reference)

2. Drift Away (the 1984 Brendan Byrne duet with Steve version)

3=. Frankie or The Fever 

[Seen all songs on albums 1-5 and 7 so can't complain.]

• Like 1

I've been real lucky, so there is little I'm chasing except maybe a full-band Frankie. For two others, I give you time machine material - It's My Life (11/4/76) and Something in the Night (3/14/77)(heard, but not like this!)

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
1 hour ago, estband said:

"Candy's Room" is the only track from Darkness that I haven't see LIVE, and most likely never will.

Wow, so you've gotten Factory and Something in the Night, but not Candy's Room? That's crazy! Candy is fairly common (more than the others).

I've also been lucky to see pretty much all of my bucket list songs, including ones I never thought I'd hear, like Mountain of Love and Prove It '78. But I guess I'll pick:

Something in the Night (speaking of)

Ain't Good Enough for You

And this one is a real stretch, since it's a Stevie song, but I'd plotz if I got to hear Until the Good is Gone

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, misty rain said:

Wow, so you've gotten Factory and Something in the Night, but not Candy's Room? That's crazy! Candy is fairly common (more than the others).

Yeah, I know what you mean (though I'm counting "Factory", in its reworked version, from the Reunion Tour).

"Streets of Fire" at the Lexington show on 11/14/02 was the real shocker.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, estband said:

Yeah, I know what you mean (though I'm counting "Factory", in its reworked version, from the Reunion Tour).

"Streets of Fire" at the Lexington show on 11/14/02 was the real shocker.

I was at he SOF Rupp show too.  What a great surprise. 

44 minutes ago, 65pacecar said:

I was at he SOF Rupp show too.  What a great surprise. 

Me 3! Before the show one of my colleagues ran into Clarence in the hotel. :) 

• Like 1