Greasy Lake Community

On 5/4/2021 at 10:22 AM, Rizla said:

Not necessarily.  Sometimes songs are massively extended, and frankly I would far rather hear two songs than one that just goes on and on and on. 

Very true,when he played Thundercrack at Leeds I could have nipped out for a 3 course meal,had a couple of drinks & still been back in time for the next song.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or the piano start of Point Blank during the 16' shows. Some of the most powerful music I ever witnessed. 

Great thread!  Not chasing anymore but looking forward to it all over again!  Is there anybody alive out there???

Chased Incident for 108 shows before I finally got it in the beautiful city of Glasgow. Just chasing County Fair & the 84 version of Open All Night

On 5/5/2021 at 2:51 AM, Jimmy James said:

And what better time, then when Morello was with them. Now it would be a guest spot most likely! Not to say Nils couldn't pull it off!! 

Note

The 'like' is for Nils

I quite like Harry's place 

On 5/5/2021 at 9:09 AM, 65pacecar said:

He can feel the Spirit for a good while at a show :-) 

I quite like a long spirit

Acfually i like quite a few extended out

Defiantly kitty and Prove it but also racing 

Some things need to be 25 min long 

• Like 1
On 5/6/2021 at 5:59 PM, Daisey Jeep said:

I quite like a long spirit

Acfually i like quite a few extended out

Defiantly kitty and Prove it but also racing 

Some things need to be 25 min long 

Like the Guitar solo at the end of Incident .... The Piano ending of Racing is something you never want to end.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
24 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Like the Guitar solo at the end of Incident .... The Piano ending of Racing is something you never want to end.

Or the piano start of Point Blank during the 16' shows. Some of the most powerful music I ever witnessed. 

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Excellent call Jimmy

I thought the 77/78 point blank was my definitive....

until the river '16

Another reason i think that tour was fantastic and i kick myself again and again for missing it 

• Like 1
On 5/8/2021 at 3:14 PM, Early North Jersey said:

The Piano ending of Racing is something you never want to end.

I remember a Racing from one of the two midsummers' shows in Gothenburg where the coda did seem to go on forever. One of my best ever live Bruce moments and still remember it almost 18 years later..

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I took a while to take to racing 

Perhaps i wasn't listening or oaying attention closer enough 

But that Hyde park dvd did it

It just beautifully  showcases the magisty of the ESB - in quite a different way to a long kitty 

Well, basically everyone since I've never seen him live :unsure:

With that said I wouldn't be thrilled if he played The Ghost of Tom Joad from start to finish and finished the encore with Mary Queen of Arkansas, Real Man and Queen of the Supermarket.

Three songs I would love to hear live (except the most obvious ones) would be I'm Goin' Down, Racing in the Street and Where the Bands Are.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, High Lonesome said:

Well, basically everyone since I've never seen him live :unsure:

So here we have the reason why Darlington County, Working On The Highway, Bobby Jean and Dancing In The Dark should be played every night!:)

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Lampi said:

So here we have the reason why Darlington County, Working On The Highway, Bobby Jean and Dancing In The Dark should be played every night!:)

I wouldn't say no thanks to any of them :) 

I've been listening to a lot of his released live shows, and I think the choice of songs is (in general) very good. You'll get many album tracks if it's from an album tour, some of the all time classics are always there, and there's often some outtakes or other nuggets for the die hard fans!

• Like 1

Roulette and American Skin I still hope to get, and think there's a realistic chance of doing so. Others on my list less so - Nothing Man he never seemed to quite embrace on the Rising tour in a full band version and apart from the title track, Lonesome Day, Sunny Day and the occasional Mary's Place he rarely returns to that album which was very much of its time. Streets of Philadelphia is hardly a regular in Europe and again isn't something best suited to the full band. And sadly I fear that hell will freeze over before I get to hear the E Street Band play Zero and Blind Terry :(

• Like 1

I would love a Joad album show but get why @High Lonesome might not be so keen

I hope you get a show soon, i know what its like to have to wait

Now i would love a Roulette  !

Was pretty optimistic i was going to get one in 2017 after you know what (45) but it never happened 

Perhaps Bruce just wanted a good time 

51 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I would love a Joad album show but get why @High Lonesome might not be so keen

I hope you get a show soon, i know what its like to have to wait

Now i would love a Roulette  !

Was pretty optimistic i was going to get one in 2017 after you know what (45) but it never happened 

Perhaps Bruce just wanted a good time 

Thanks, Daisey!

I really hope I'll get the chance to see him sometime. Roulette would be awesome to hear. I don't know if there'll be a Born in the U.S.A. box or not, but if it will be, and a tour to follow that up, Protection is another outtake that would be great to hear live.

• Bruuuuce! 1
7 hours ago, Old English Town said:

Streets of Philadelphia is hardly a regular in Europe and again isn't something best suited to the full band. 

To give you some hope, it was a regular in Europe on the Joad Tour.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, High Lonesome said:

Thanks, Daisey!

I really hope I'll get the chance to see him sometime. Roulette would be awesome to hear. I don't know if there'll be a Born in the U.S.A. box or not, but if it will be, and a tour to follow that up, Protection is another outtake that would be great to hear live.

Excellent call on protection !